Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 05:54 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Argument was rights and that was used as an example. Too hard for you to understand then don't comment to me further. Where in the Constitution are you mandated sick days? Get it? I doubt it.
No: you're always raving about your ghastly obsession with guns, even when we are discussing food or cars.

Anyway, as a society we evolve and define new rights.

Such as paid sick days vacation days: one of the several things that make first world countries different and better than third world countries.

Come on, it is not hard to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 06:53 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,594,107 times
Took my company out of NY years ago; easily top three in best decisions I've ever made.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I have not had paid sick time since 2004 and don't want it.
LMAO....yeah, right.

The problem with you right wingers is that you try too hard.

No one in the history of the world has ever NOT WANTED paid sick leave.

So please, avoid sounding ridiculous in the future. No one in their right mind believes you.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:58 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
What right do you have to sick time? You don't like your current employment situation go negotiate a better one with your employer or go get a different job. You have no "right" to sick time.
In NYC they DO have that right.

What do you care? You don't live there anyway.

They didn't force employers in your city to do anything. This is a local mayor making a local decision. If you're not living there, it's not your concern.

Worry about the dumb laws in your city.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Next he needs to sign into law the mandated min wage of $15/hour.
I'm looking forward to that bill and the consequences.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:39 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,521 times
Quote:
Here we go with the "slave" BS again. NOBODY forces anybody to work anywhere in this country. Go get another job if your not happy as it appears you did. What is wrong with you folks? Is every business evil. It appears your former employer.........you know the slave trader........treated you pretty well and you want to go back. Stop this "slave" crap it is ridiculous.
I never said that MY former employer treated me like a slave. I liked my job and thd one I have now because I am not treated like a slave. Re-read my post and maybe you'll get it the second time.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:03 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
This is the guy who wants to replace horse and carriage rides with electric cars. Did not anyone even take a peek into his background before the election????????
Of course not. All they saw was a white man proudly parading his two biracial children in various TV ads. Who cares about a politician's background and what they stand for? When you're a minority in a minority-majority city the only issue that matters is race. And Libigots like DiBlasio know this.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:23 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,594,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Of course not. All they saw was a white man proudly parading his two biracial children in various TV ads. Who cares about a politician's background and what they stand for? When you're a minority in a minority-majority city the only issue that matters is race. And Libigots like DiBlasio know this.
Race trumps everything in American politics.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
In NYC they DO have that right.

What do you care? You don't live there anyway.

They didn't force employers in your city to do anything. This is a local mayor making a local decision. If you're not living there, it's not your concern.

Worry about the dumb laws in your city.
If you practiced what you preach you wouldn't be on this thread to begin with or any others. Go find your local whatever board and post there............practice what you preach.

Yes why should I care.........just let government do what they please so say liberals.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
[quote=italianuser;33987834]No: you're always raving about your ghastly obsession with guns, even when we are discussing food or cars.

Anyway, as a society we evolve and define new rights.

Such as paid sick days vacation days: one of the several things that make first world countries different and better than third world countries.

It appears you have some sort of obsession with what I post about. Food/cars? You make no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies