Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 07:20 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
What kind of a nutball goes without health insurance, when an uninsured hit-and-run drunk driver can drop a six figure hospital bill on you any day of the week? Or cancer, heart disease, Parkinsons, MS, or any of another hundred dread diseases might strike? Forget the politics, health costs can bankrupt just about anyone.
He may have a non-Obamacare compliant catastrophic insurance policy, while choosing to pay for normally needed medical care himself.
Quote:
Drudge is self-employed, and files quarterly tax deposits for his estimated taxes. The 2014 tax year is under way, INCLUDING the individual mandate penalty. If you file quarterly and know you will owe the penalty, YES you would have had to start paying it NOW. The moron Democrats who know nothing of business or economics or taxes or arithmetic who are crowing on him are wrong.
Yes, they are wrong. The ignorance is stunning, but then again that's why Obama got elected twice. However, this level of sheer ignorance is flat out inexcusable when it comes directly from the White House. WTF was Jesse Lee thinking?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 07:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

Drudge can likely pay out-of-pocket for health care.

As most wealthy can.

You think they worry about $20 co-pay?
A $500 deductible?
No, they don't. They don't even bother with that type of insurance.
They were purchasing catastrophic and hospitalization insurance policies.

Now they are forced to get one of the one size fits all plans, that still have a very high deductible, so it is in essence, a catastrophic policy for 5x as much as before.

The deal is with the way it is all planned out, but no one has realized, the rich only need the minimum, bronze plan. It is the poor and those with preexisting that need the Platinum plan, but could never afford it.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Wait until the masses find out that one of the consequences to be that many employers who have 25 or more employees will choose to pay the fine for not providing health insurance, bump up pay of their employees slightly, and allow employees to choose their own health plan.

Owe and if you are lucky enough to have your pay bumped up, you'll pay taxes on it.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:22 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Just finished a short form for one of kids and I didn't see that they even asked about insurance. No fines, nothing.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:18 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Just finished a short form for one of kids and I didn't see that they even asked about insurance. No fines, nothing.
It's on the 1040-ES filed by sole proprietors, partners, S corporation shareholders, and/or self-employed individuals. They are required to begin paying their 2014 taxes NOW and every quarter thereafter through January 2015. IRS instructions are to include the Obamacare penalty tax on Line 12.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:25 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's on the 1040-ES filed by sole proprietors, partners, S corporation shareholders, and/or self-employed individuals. They are required to begin paying their 2014 taxes NOW and every quarter thereafter through January 2015. IRS instructions are to include the Obamacare penalty tax on Line 12.
Okay, thanks for the explanation. The CPA is doing ours (thank goodness), I filed the free H&R Block 1040EZ for the kid.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:50 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Ahh, dumb RWNJ intentionally not buying health insurance because they think that will some how "show Obama!" The thing which will make it perfect is when these dullards get sick but don't have insurance. Personally, I think you're all morons and not much of a man because a real man provides for his family including taking care of their medical needs but that's just me.
A real man doesn't open up his wallet and hand what he needs to support his family to the government. He fights to keep his wage earnings.

Here, take 10.00, no, take the 20.00, oh heck take it all, we don't need it. Apparently with the government being broke an all, you need it more than me and my family.

Gotta ask, who is working for who here?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I wonder what Drudge hopes to gain from spreading these lies.

A couple news article, a couple re-tweets. Maybe a few more site visits.

I mean seriously. . .its like not wearing your seatbelt because someone made a law about it.

Being stupid is no way to go through life. Get the health insurance and wear the seatbelt because it is the right thing to do.

Personally- anyone who doesn't get health insurance is being very unethical. Not paying into a system that they will take from some day. Forcing these unethical thieves to pony up . .well this mandate doesn't go far enough

Of course. . .if you don't like the mandate, than we should require ALL hospitals/doctors to assess ability to pay upon ending up at a emergency room or doctor. If you can't pay, no service. Bus you someplace that will take you, or to the middle of the field if not an option

If you do that - you don't need a mandate.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:30 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
A real man doesn't open up his wallet and hand what he needs to support his family to the government. He fights to keep his wage earnings.

Here, take 10.00, no, take the 20.00, oh heck take it all, we don't need it. Apparently with the government being broke an all, you need it more than me and my family.

Gotta ask, who is working for who here?
How about you just not hand over anything to the government?

Let's see how long you last

Old 03-24-2014, 11:49 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
A real man doesn't open up his wallet and hand what he needs to support his family to the government.
A real man gets health insurance for himself and his family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies