Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:16 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

Wasn't "Lurch" a photographer in Vietnam? Service? What service?

He deserved to be swiftboated. His actions upon returning were traitorous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 08:20 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Mark Pryor has a problem - his constituents don't like Obama or his policies. Pryor has supported both, Pryor supports Harry Reid and the way he runs the Senate. A vote for Pryor is really a vote for Harry Reid and Obama. His only real option is to Demonize his opponent, who is a State Representative, Popular, a Harvard Law grad and a Veteran. Pryor only has his popular Father's last name.

I suspect that attacking Cotton on his Military Service and Demonizing him because he is a Veteran .... is not the best move, but it may be the only move that Pryor has.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:32 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And John Kerry. Attacking Cleland was more disgusting as he lost limbs during his service. Nah--republicans would never stoop to that.

Dirty-Bomb Politics (washingtonpost.com)
"When the helicopter landed, Cleland jumped out, followed by the two soldiers. They ducked beneath the rotors and turned to watch the liftoff. Cleland reached down to pick up a grenade he believed had popped off his flak jacket. It exploded and the blast slammed him backward, shredding both his legs and one arm."

There are many conflicting stories on HOW he was injured.

Max Cleland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-23-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Those "chickenhawks" at least actually served in combat, so if that's your primary objection to the attacks, your objection is misplaced. What's more, his campaign explicitly invited the scrutiny from those who served with him.

As for the Swiftboat campaign against Kerry who started his political career with his own vicious smear campaign against his fellow servicemen... all I can say about that is when the tide goes out, it comes back in.
So typical of many on the left. They can dish it out but, can't take it.

We can go all the way back to John Tower, Where do I go to get MY reputation back".

Many on the left trashes ANYONE who dares disagrees with them.

Now we have Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Biden etc. and if ANYTHING is said against their policies or what THEY have said or done you would think it is the first time in history that ANY one from the opposite party has done so.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That was the weirdest thing that I ever see/hear in my life when Kerry was vilified for his service and Bush was praised for his non-participation in his

I talked to a vet here in the VA that said that he knew for a fact that Kerry did what was expected of him when he was in Vietnam. The vet did not understand why would those "swiftboaters" lie except for the money. Tel me have anyone heard from any of them since?
"I talked to a vet" I don't deny that a VERY few vets agree with you. BEING a Nam Vet I KNOW MANY, MANY more that do NOT.

To be clear Kerry was NOT vilified for his service, as usual the left likes to rewrite history, he was vilified for WHAT HE SAID during his service AND WHAT HE SAID AND AFTER his service.

If you don't understand the difference ther is no wonder you think, "That was the weirdest thing that I ever see/hear in my life".

On one point I agree. What kerry did was the weirdest thing that I ever see/hear in my life.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:52 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So typical of many on the left. They can dish it out but, can't take it.

We can go all the way back to John Tower, Where do I go to get MY reputation back".

Many on the left trashes ANYONE who dares disagrees with them.

Now we have Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Biden etc. and if ANYTHING is said against their policies or what THEY have said or done you would think it is the first time in history that ANY one from the opposite party has done so.
Watch how this works:

Quote:
So typical of many on the right. They can dish it out but, can't take it.

We can go all the way back to Owen Lattimore, Where do I go to get MY reputation back".

Many on the right trashes ANYONE who dares disagrees with them.

Now we have Rand, Ryan, Rubio, Cruz etc. and if ANYTHING is said against their policies or what THEY have said or done you would think it is the first time in history that ANY one from the opposite party has done so.
Threads like these are stupid.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo_Beddoe View Post
Kerry always was and always will be a worthless, self serving piece of garbage.
Kerry is a decorated American hero. End of story.

Politically motivated smear attacks on the combat record of any American soldier, sailor or airman are simply despicable.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
To be clear Kerry was NOT vilified for his service, as usual the left likes to rewrite history, he was vilified for WHAT HE SAID during his service AND WHAT HE SAID AND AFTER his service.
To be clear... anybody making this claim is hallucinating. The Swift Boat Veterans movement was a direct attack on Kerry's military service, his record, and his performance in combat. It was a smear campaign declaring he did not deserve his military decorations in the first place.

You simply and objectively have no idea what you are talking about.

And PS: I didn't even vote for Kerry in 2004. I voted for Bush.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:58 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Kerry is a money-grubbing sociopath who does what he determines is best for Kerry at any given moment.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo_Beddoe View Post
So if you wear the uniform for any period of time you are exempt from any type of criticism for the rest of your life regardless of what you do?
Your reading comprehension has failed you.

Here it is again. This time pay attention.

"Politically motivated smear attacks on the combat record of any American soldier, sailor or airman are simply despicable."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo_Beddoe
How come that doesn't apply to George W. Bush then?
It does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo_Beddoe
Love that leftist logic.
To this point, your posts remain completely sterile of any attempt at even hinting at logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies