Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 01:07 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Nothing you said is illegal
It should be illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 01:13 PM

3,336 posts, read 2,140,399 times
The widespread lack of recognition of equal failures in political leadership is representative of the mindset that begets such poor leadership in the first place. This is why we collectively have the government we deserve. We should change our name to the United State of Mass Myopia.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:17 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
That may be true, but people end up changing their minds and positions at times. For example, I voted for Obama, but I realize the error of my ways. (At least with a semi-reasonable candidate like Romney where I would be comfortable sitting out; if Bachmann, Perry, or Santorum was the Republican nominee I would still have voted for Obama today.) It's possible that VTHokieFan has changed his mind.

Nevertheless, he and a couple of other young, libertarian-minded posters claim to not like either Republicans or Democrats, but it's clear that their dislike towards Democrats is far stronger. They also tend to be the posters that claim they have nothing against gay people or gay marriage, yet rub it in about how straight, normal, and macho they are with all of their guns and stuff, and blatantly mock transgender people as "freaks." Okay, like I'm really going to believe that you don't have a problem with the LGBT groups....
Most Independents and little-L libertarians are just Republicans who don't want to admit to being Republican. They're aware enough to know that bigotry is indefensible, but not introspective enough to stop being bigots.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:24 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
"The lesser of two evils" is certainly a real phenomenon, but picking a side and whining about the other doesn't accomplish anything.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Most Independents and little-L libertarians are just Republicans who don't want to admit to being Republican. They're aware enough to know that bigotry is indefensible, but not introspective enough to stop being bigots.
Don't know about most, but this independent has voted for more Democrats than Republicans. Be careful with broad brushes.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:29 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Don't know about most, but this independent has voted for more Democrats than Republicans. Be careful with broad brushes.
Apologies. Gotta watch that broad brush for sure. I was an unaffiliated voter myself until I moved to a state with closed primaries. But you have to admit, especially around CD, that there's a pretty large contingent of "independents" that just always happen to vote for Republicans.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
They aren't. Not even close. The Democrats are the most corrupt party by a mile, and they are the most hypocritical party, by a mile.

Yeh, OK, the GOP has some crazies in the tea party, and sure, Bob McDonnell got into some grey areas with ethics laws, and of course, some GOPers got caught having sex with other men while preaching an anti gay agenda (which isn't illegal btw)

But this is just the tip of the iceberg for the Democrats. 2014 is looking very grim right now. Democrats are, indeed, the worst political party.
Wow, I didn't know
Thanks for sharing...

Old 03-28-2014, 01:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
They aren't. Not even close. The Democrats are the most corrupt party by a mile, and they are the most hypocritical party, by a mile.

Yeh, OK, the GOP has some crazies in the tea party, and sure, Bob McDonnell got into some grey areas with ethics laws, and of course, some GOPers got caught having sex with other men while preaching an anti gay agenda (which isn't illegal btw)

But this is just the tip of the iceberg for the Democrats. 2014 is looking very grim right now. Democrats are, indeed, the worst political party.
Oh Please. Both parties are so corrupt they probably sleep together and grease each others palms
or asses

If I were you I'd get off the partisan bandwagon.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Apologies. Gotta watch that broad brush for sure. I was an unaffiliated voter myself until I moved to a state with closed primaries. But you have to admit, especially around CD, that there's a pretty large contingent of "independents" that just always happen to vote for Republicans.
I haven't noticed, but then again, I'm not looking. I will take your word for it.

The internet is a wonderful place for discussion, but these discussion forums can be useless in assessing the minds and tendencies of independent voters. Depending on the site and subject matter, I've been accused of being everything from a RWNJ to a flaming liberal.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:45 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Two sides of the same coin

In the end they are puppets for the elite, difference is that the GOP is a little bit more honest about it, but just as culpable.
I think the GOP conceal it a little better, while the Dems don't care how transparent they are because the masses don't seem to care either. Look how corrupt the Cali Dems have become, with three senators being arrested for bribery, fraud, and weapons trafficking charges in the last 90 days.

We need a viable third party for the independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies