Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:25 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Happy Female Hunter Bags Mountain Lion & Posts Photos. Angry Animal-Rights Folks Storm Social Media in the Most Vile Ways Imaginable. | Video | TheBlaze.com

I dont have issue with hunting for food and even, to a degree, taking out animals for "wildlife management" as they call it.

And while I certainly think the posts by those angered about this border on psycho, I must say, Ive never been a huge fan of hunting for "sport" or sitting their posing with some animal you shot as if you are so proud and giddy.

Good for you. You took out an animal with a rifle. Is that supposed to impress me? The animal didnt have a chance. Why dont you wrestle it and take it on with an even playing field? Then maybe i'll be impressed.
We have an over abundance of people too... can we take some of THEM out ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Sure.

As soon as there in an open season and you get a tag....

Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Sure, but first is it legal, are they in season and most of all, do you have a way to get a permit issued by the state/gov to do this?

If not, then your post is a complete failure, because this lady did everything legal.....

Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Happy Female Hunter Bags Mountain Lion & Posts Photos. Angry Animal-Rights Folks Storm Social Media in the Most Vile Ways Imaginable. | Video | TheBlaze.com

I dont have issue with hunting for food and even, to a degree, taking out animals for "wildlife management" as they call it.

And while I certainly think the posts by those angered about this border on psycho, I must say, Ive never been a huge fan of hunting for "sport" or sitting their posing with some animal you shot as if you are so proud and giddy.

Good for you. You took out an animal with a rifle. Is that supposed to impress me? The animal didnt have a chance. Why dont you wrestle it and take it on with an even playing field? Then maybe i'll be impressed.

I'm a "if you shot it, you eat person" myself. Damn deer in Colorado kill more people and cause more damage than mountain lions. I actually hate them now.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:07 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm a "if you shot it, you eat person" myself. Damn deer in Colorado kill more people and cause more damage than mountain lions. I actually hate them now.
Sometimes around here in the early morning or, early evening it feels like driving thought a war zone because of deer.

I have a lifetime disability due to a car/deer accident.

To anyone thinking because of all the deer they would be easy to hunt....not necessary.

When you get a tag to hunt.....it is for a certain sex.....and in case of bucks....number of tines on their rack.

So....that "easy shot".....rarely.

Those big bucks are that way because they are smart.

Last edited by Driller1; 04-02-2014 at 11:23 AM..

Old 04-02-2014, 11:33 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Once again the Bambi freaks come howling out of the woodwork. These screwballs think that nature is like a Disney movie, and know about as much about hunting, wildlife management, wildlife, wildlife behavior, habits, and dynamics, as I do about nuclear physics; which is nothing. They think that cougars are just big fuzzy versions of their pet kitty, and just hop on down to Petco when they are hungry and chow down on a can of Friskies or 9 Lives.

At 175 pounds, that is a big animal, most toms are not that heavy. Under certain conditions a cat this size could kill a bull elk, a tough target. An adult cougar, during it's lifetime, will kill an average of one deer a week. Females with young to feed will kill more often, males less. Depending on how long it lives, that means that a cougar may kill between 200 and 500 deer during it's lifespan, so in theory, if you kill a cougar you save the lives of hundreds of deer. I have dropped this little fact on a few of the anti hunting, so called animal rights loons, and the hems and haws and blank looks were fun to behold.

As a disclaimer, will state that I have never shot a cougar or any other large predator, and have no desire to do so, in fact, have never ever even seen a live wild cougar in spite of having spent much time in their prime habitat. However, as I have commented in several previous threads on CD, when a predator becomes a threat to humans, pets, livestock, or causes an imbalance with other vital wildlife species, that animal must be destroyed, relocation rarely works, and there is no room for sentiment. The link below is a recent example of what can happen when predators lose their fear of humans and become emboldened because they have been protected and not hunted for many years.
Mountain lion kills 100-lb dog; Fontana neighborhood on alert | abc7.com

Old 04-02-2014, 11:34 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...reading comprehension problems....

It's in your PUBLIC profile...

ETA a screen shot of YOUR public profile....and don't flatter yourself....

Sorry, it's too late to un-flatter me....

Old 04-02-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Or hit an animal with a car, or stepped on a bug or used animal products...........Some have a false high horse they sit on.
I did step on a bug once....

Old 04-02-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Once again the Bambi freaks come howling out of the woodwork. These screwballs think that nature is like a Disney movie, and know about as much about hunting, wildlife management, wildlife, wildlife behavior, habits, and dynamics, as I do about nuclear physics; which is nothing. They think that cougars are just big fuzzy versions of their pet kitty, and just hop on down to Petco when they are hungry and chow down on a can of Friskies or 9 Lives.

At 175 pounds, that is a big animal, most toms are not that heavy. Under certain conditions a cat this size could kill a bull elk, a tough target. An adult cougar, during it's lifetime, will kill an average of one deer a week. Females with young to feed will kill more often, males less. Depending on how long it lives, that means that a cougar may kill between 200 and 500 deer during it's lifespan, so in theory, if you kill a cougar you save the lives of hundreds of deer. I have dropped this little fact on a few of the anti hunting, so called animal rights loons, and the hems and haws and blank looks were fun to behold.

As a disclaimer, will state that I have never shot a cougar or any other large predator, and have no desire to do so, in fact, have never ever even seen a live wild cougar in spite of having spent much time in their prime habitat. However, as I have commented in several previous threads on CD, when a predator becomes a threat to humans, pets, livestock, or causes an imbalance with other vital wildlife species, that animal must be destroyed, relocation rarely works, and there is no room for sentiment. The link below is a recent example of what can happen when predators lose their fear of humans and become emboldened because they have been protected and not hunted for many years.
Mountain lion kills 100-lb dog; Fontana neighborhood on alert | abc7.com

Even the police admitted that cougar's behavior was bizarre and unique.

The reason there are more encounters with wild animals and people is because humans are encroaching on the animals' territory more and more. We've already wiped out most of the species of animals on the planet; we're not going to be content until they are all gone.

If you want to try to see a live puma there is a nature preserve for them in Florida, but even there it's unlikely you'll see one.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:34 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Sorry, it's too late to un-flatter me....
So, to flatter yourself....you have to lie to yourself....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies