Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Mr. Horn get life in prison for defending himself against two illegal alien criminals??
YES, he should get life in prison. 18 17.31%
NO, he should be set free! He had a right to personal safety. 77 74.04%
I do not know / Not sure 9 8.65%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:54 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
This mess you are swimming would have never happened had two men had not gone into a neighborhood in a town they did not live in and break into a home they did not own to take property that did not belong to them.
The mess also would not be happening if Mr Horn had stayed in his house as the 911 dispatcher told him too, numerous times, as the news reports indicate there was an undercover officer at the scene surveying the situation before they got involved. However trigger-happy-Horn couldn’t be just as cool-headed and rational as the officer on the scene because he just wanted to play superhero with a gun and shoot some people.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:09 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
The mess also would not be happening if Mr Horn had stayed in his house as the 911 dispatcher told him too, numerous times, as the news reports indicate there was an undercover officer at the scene surveying the situation before they got involved. However trigger-happy-Horn couldn’t be just as cool-headed and rational as the officer on the scene because he just wanted to play superhero with a gun and shoot some people.
Yeah, it's always easy to blame it on the Mr. Horn and not the the two dead scumbags that caused this.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-11-2007 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: rude comments

Old 12-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's always easy to blame it on the Mr. Horn and not the the two dead scumbags that caused this.
Had the two scumbags been shot by Mr Horn while breaking into his home or by the homeowners of the home they actually broke into, then there isnt any problem. However Mr Horn inserted himself into a situation where he was advised repeatedly not to get into and shot two people in the back.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-11-2007 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: orphaned

Old 12-11-2007, 02:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:

MOD CUT
I dont believe one person had stated that the thugs held no blame.. Doesnt change the fact that Horn violated the law and violated the advise of the dispatcher.

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-11-2007 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: to match original sourced posting

Old 12-11-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont believe one person had stated that the thugs held no blame.. Doesnt change the fact that Horn violated the law and violated the advise of the dispatcher.
I guess some people dont want someone who shoots somebody in the back while running away to get any blame for their actions, so they keeping pointing to the dead victims for being burglars.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:42 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Stay on topic, and don't reflect on how posters should regard their sentiments.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Mr Horn hasn't violated any law yet, that we don't know for sure. The Pasadena Police stated today they will look at this case for two more weeks before they turn it over to the DA's office and then I am pretty sure they will turn it over to a grand jury and if the grand jury say yes you should charge him then a jury will be picked from a jury pool. there will be a trial and only then after that trial will Mr Horn be proven to have or have not broken any law...It's not up to me or anyone else on this blog to try him and find him guilty. I still believe in our legal system even tho some here think we don't need to any longer...CD is a good enough place to convict anyone. YEAH.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Mr Horn hasn't violated any law yet, that we don't know for sure. The Pasadena Police stated today they will look at this case for two more weeks before they turn it over to the DA's office and then I am pretty sure they will turn it over to a grand jury and if the grand jury say yes you should charge him then a jury will be picked from a jury pool. there will be a trial and only then after that trial will Mr Horn be proven to have or have not broken any law...It's not up to me or anyone else on this blog to try him and find him guilty. I still believe in our legal system even tho some here think we don't need to any longer...CD is a good enough place to convict anyone. YEAH.
Its already at the grand jury status, surprised its taking as long as it is. I wonder if they are just holding off till after the holidays.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Its already at the grand jury status, surprised its taking as long as it is. I wonder if they are just holding off till after the holidays.
The Holidays have nothing to with it, I do know that much..It hasn't even gone to the DA's office yet. Where do you get it is already at the Grand Jury. I live here in Pasadena and you seem to know more than I do. Our Police Chief was on the news this evening and said it would be two weeks before they sent the cast to the DA's office.

I quess you know about the ordinance Pasadena passed today also that has to do with this case..

Old 12-11-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
The Holidays have nothing to with it, I do know that much..It hasn't even gone to the DA's office yet. Where do you get it is already at the Grand Jury. I live here in Pasadena and you seem to know more than I do. Our Police Chief was on the news this evening and said it would be two weeks before they sent the cast to the DA's office.

I quess you know about the ordinance Pasadena passed today also that has to do with this case..
I took another posters word from Texas here that said it was already at the grand jury.. thats what I get because news today does look like they will look at it next week.

What was the ordinance about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies