Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
It won't. Forcing everyone to contribute is more fiscally responsible than the previous system.
Yes, when will the bottom 50% of the nation begin to contribute and when will you support policies which call for it?

I myself havent paid taxes in 13 years, dont think thats fair either.. But you seem all fine and dandy with it..

weird
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 08:52 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not true of higher wage earners. There is no cap on the Medicare tax.
This is the average. Medicare taxes have been capped in the past. So most wealthy recipients have enjoyed the cap.

My HC premiums will drop drastically when I enter Medicare in a few years. Those like me with disease and high individual rates will benefit significantly.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes, and when they buy something elsewhere, that money eventually finds its way back to the US by way of purchases as people need to cash it in for their own currency. It doesnt need to be directly.
What you're saying is that essentially all electronic USD remain in the US banking system. A fact very few appreciate. But there is no reason that the these USD end up within our geographical borders at any time.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:25 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Did'nt Reagan raise the debt ceiling 18 times?
In excess of GDP?

No......but everyone is glad you omitted that minor detail, otherwise, people might actually have believed you were telling the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Republicans didn't have a problem raising the debt ceiling during the Bush years, even with the black hole of spending (the "blank check") his wars represented.

It's OK to refuse now because the President is not a Republican?

Republican logic...
Bush raised the debt ceiling in excess of GDP?

No.

Liberal Logic fail (with fallacy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
10 to 12 trillion of the debt is on Bush and the rest is on Obama so 60% to 65% is Bush fault with his 2 wars and his big tax cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So where is your government source to prove that?
Quote:
I asked for a government source, not bitter-gen-y-blogger-in-mommy's-basement.com.

Quote:
3. George W. Bush Doubled the National Debt
That is not what you originally stated.....I hope you didn't hurt yourself moving the goal-posts in a pathetic attempt to retract your false statement that you couldn't prove using a government source.

Quote:
6. Bush Tax Cuts Didn't Pay for Themselves or Spur "Job Creators"
Straw Man

Your reasoning contains the straw man fallacy whenever you attribute an easily refuted position to your opponent, one that the opponent wouldn’t endorse, and then proceed to attack the easily refuted position (the straw man) believing you have undermined the opponent’s actual position. If the misrepresentation is on purpose, then the straw man fallacy is caused by lying.

There is no moral, legal, ethical or logical argument for tax cuts to pay for themselves.

You also lied, because Bush did not cut taxes to pay for themselves or to create jobs.

The Bush Tax Cuts were part of his 2000 Election Campaign Platform, but don't let facts cut-short your fantasy hallucinations.

The Clinton Recession did cause Bush to speed up the time-table for some of his campaign promises, for example, the checks that were issued to tax-payers.

As it happens, the Bush Tax Cuts -- that Obama loves, too -- and the spending for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan prevented a more severe recession that would have lasted longer.....it was just coincidence that it worked out that way.

Quote:
10. $3 Trillion Tab for Unfunded Wars Remains Unpaid
And the $TRILLION tab for LBJs unfunded Grotesque Society which failed remains unpaid.

One of these things is not like the others....

Mircea

Old 04-14-2014, 12:29 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then why don't we do that with the federal income tax? Force EVERYONE to contribute.
Everyone does contribute. Payroll, property, and sales taxes don't exist?

Quote:
Yes, when will the bottom 50% of the nation begin to contribute and when will you support policies which call for it?

I myself havent paid taxes in 13 years, dont think thats fair either.. But you seem all fine and dandy with it..

weird
You are a fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
In excess of GDP?

No......but everyone is glad you omitted that minor detail, otherwise, people might actually have believed you were telling the truth.

Bush raised the debt ceiling in excess of GDP?

No.
...and this is an example of a double standard. Reagan was the biggest Keynesian there was. He expanded the government and raised spending at an unprecedented rate. Obama would never get away with seventeen debt limit hikes or raising taxes eleven times.

Reagan does it and he is a hero.

Conservatives are pure comedy.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:31 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,776 times
CBO estimates lower deficits as health subsidies fall

Just an update for everyone to chew on. For the most part it is just a technical revision, nothing earth shattering.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
You are a fraud.
I'm not 10, and thus that "I'm rubber and you're glue" childish playground response might work elsewhere, but here in the real world, it doesnt change facts, especially considering I have no control over the tax code, nor that 1/2 the nation pays no federal income tax.

if thats upsetting to you, then maybe you should start wining to those who think its ok...

Old 04-14-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Everyone does contribute. Payroll, property, and sales taxes don't exist?
Some people are smart enough to know that property and sales taxes go to the state, not the federal government..

And then there are others, who try to educate everyone on the tax code, who clearly have no clue..

Old 04-14-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I'm not 10, and thus that "I'm rubber and you're glue" childish playground response might work elsewhere, but here in the real world, it doesnt change facts, especially considering I have no control over the tax code, nor that 1/2 the nation pays no federal income tax.

if thats upsetting to you, then maybe you should start wining to those who think its ok...
I really could care less what your real life personal situation is. If you really don't pay any taxes you just fall into the category of the same greedy crooks running this country. Nothing is ever enough for the 1%.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Some people are smart enough to know that property and sales taxes go to the state, not the federal government..

And then there are others, who try to educate everyone on the tax code, who clearly have no clue..
...thanks for that tidbit of information (everyone knows where property and sales taxes go).

Like I said, the 47% number is stupid as an argument. They pay FICA taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies