Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 03:11 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Here comes the Military security expert, Sarah Palin.

This woman just never gives up.
I am glad Ms. Palin goes after common sense issues and on some level she gets under your skin! She is partially correct. MP have taken a back seat to contract police protection for some time . Going back to old school MP is a wonderful idea.

Now to have everyone state side to have a side arm is problematic. So what the leadership may do is have security teams from on site combat arms units to support the Military Police.

The other problem is he Military has gotten too PC and I have spoke to soldiers from the combat zone and the rules of engagement are far too lengthy. There would have to be a cut and dry policy of engagement on post when a security threat is known.

Palin has once more said the obvious that every is all ready thinking!

Old 04-04-2014, 03:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

The obvious would be to start treating the PTSD that tens of thousands of our vets and service members have. The obvious would be to start finding out why men and women are coming home from their TOD's and committing suicide. The obvious would be to start spending money on treating the psych problems American soldiers have had following every.single.war. The obvious would be actually taking care of our vets and active duty and making sure they have the best care and treatment possible.

Unless you're Palin. Or one of her supporters. And then the obvious is to make sure everyone has a gun.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:23 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
I am glad Ms. Palin goes after common sense issues and on some level she gets under your skin! She is partially correct. MP have taken a back seat to contract police protection for some time . Going back to old school MP is a wonderful idea.

Now to have everyone state side to have a side arm is problematic. So what the leadership may do is have security teams from on site combat arms units to support the Military Police.

The other problem is he Military has gotten too PC and I have spoke to soldiers from the combat zone and the rules of engagement are far too lengthy. There would have to be a cut and dry policy of engagement on post when a security threat is known.

You do know life is a balancing art right?

what rules of engagement has anything to do with "every soldiers and Marines should be heavily armed ON BASE."

Let's see if you can distinguish between

Rules of engagement = good

radical change of rules of engagement in combat zone = bad

Funny that you even bring up the subject of rules of engagement. If you have read my other posts, you should know that I am totally against Obama's radical change of rules of engagement in combat zone because I believe the changes increase unnecessary casualty

But sarah palin's rants and idiotic idea has absolutely nothing to do with rules of engagement.

I suggest you stay on topic. Getting desperate?

Ask the combat troops about "every soldier and Marine should be heavily armed on BASE." and report back to us with honest answers.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:28 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times
Palin is right on the ball again! She's been right about a lot of things lately, I know liberals love to mock her and falsely portray her has being dumb or uneducated, but Palin is actually quite intelligent and has a lot of common sense understanding of how to fix many problems. She isn't my main choice for the GOP nominee (that honor goes to Dr. Ben Carson if he runs) but she is certainly among my runner up candidates.

Unfortunately the liberal mainstream media ruthlessly attacked her when she ran with McCain. And these attacks, although being false, are what the sheeple masses base their views off of.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:29 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
And she is right again calling. In Israel, ALL military are armed, off and on base..should be the same here..but of course the US has become wussified, [MOD CUT/off topic] My fellow Americans, we wouldn't be having all these problems on U.S. bases if Palin was president. If she was she would revert back to the days when our military could carry sidearms on bases so they could defend themselves against enemies foreign and domestic.

Sarah Palin: Allow troops to be armed on base - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com
She's very competent at closing the barn door after the horse has gone. IF she really believed this was an issue she should have been campaigning all along for people on bases to be armed, if not before the first shootings at Ft Hood certainly afterwards. She's just saying LOOK AT ME!, nothing more.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:34 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Palin is right on the ball again! She's been right about a lot of things lately, I know liberals love to mock her and falsely portray her has being dumb or uneducated, but Palin is actually quite intelligent and has a lot of common sense understanding of how to fix many problems. She isn't my main choice for the GOP nominee (that honor goes to Dr. Ben Carson if he runs) but she is certainly among my runner up candidates.

Unfortunately the liberal mainstream media ruthlessly attacked her when she ran with McCain. And these attacks, although being false, are what the sheeple masses base their views off of.
Great post!!!!!

Sarah is a long way from dumb.......I think the left in power knows that.

That being said.....I do not what her to run.

The position she is in now is priceless......she can keep the issues out there.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:37 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Yes and those pesky liberals forced to take all that Fox money after they forced her out of office. You righties crack me up. Do any of you actually think for yourselves or are you incapable of looking at her objectively and simply only repeat Fake News Talking points. This woman believes in witchcraft.

Yawn. She's a ****ing pinhead.
Hummmm....I would have to compare her bank account to yours.

If you have been more of a success....I will believe you.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:37 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
You do know life is a balancing art right?

what rules of engagement has anything to do with "every soldiers and Marines should be heavily armed ON BASE."

Funny that you even bring up the subject of rules of engagement. If you have read my other posts, you should know that I am totally against Obama's radical change of rules of engagement in combat zone because I believe the changes increase unnecessary casually

But sarah palin's rants and idiotic idea has absolutely nothing to do with rules of engagement.

I suggest you stay on topic.
You have missed the point and you are only thinking single dimensional. I am very much on topic and it has every to do with Ms Palin's Suggestion , but take a step further!

Being personally in a civil disturbance issue here in Miami you learn a thing or two. (Guardsman) meaning rules of engagement is simple on a Military post.
1. If your life or loss life about to happen you can engage.
2. Know your Target Clean shot.
3. If federal of state property is about to be compromised.

Good clean example of rules of engagement for armed troops on Federal Property. The reality is post commanders would enhance the contracted police protection and have more of a presents in key locations.

Liberals and Democrats have been trying to discredit Palin because she is a threat to their policies or ideals.

Truly she has got under your skin as well. Her job is done for one more day!

Old 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Great post!!!!!

Sarah is a long way from dumb.......I think the left in power knows that.

That being said.....I do not what her to run.

The position she is in now is priceless......she can keep the issues out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Hummmm....I would have to compare her bank account to yours.

If you have been more of a success....I will believe you.
Give me a break.

If you support this whole "every soldier and Marine should be heavily armed on base." You don't have troops best interests in your mind and heart, period.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:

Funny that you even bring up the subject of rules of engagement. If you have read my other posts, you should know that I am totally against Obama's radical change of rules of engagement in combat zone because I believe the changes increase unnecessary casualty

I suggest you stay on topic. Getting desperate?

Ask the combat troops about "every soldier and Marine should be heavily armed on BASE." and report back to us with honest answers.
Quote:
You have missed the point and you are only thinking single dimensional. I am very much on topic and it has every to do with Ms Palin's Suggestion , but take a step further!

Being personally in a civil disturbance issue here in Miami you learn a thing or two. (Guardsman) meaning rules of engagement is simple on a Military post.
1. If your life or loss life about to happen you can engage.
2. Know your Target Clean shot.
3. If federal of state property is about to be compromised.

Good clean example of rules of engagement for armed troops on Federal Property. The reality is post commanders would enhance the contracted police protection and have more of a presents in key locations.

Liberals and Democrats have been trying to discredit Palin because she is a threat to their policies or ideals.

Truly she has got under your skin as well. Her job is done for one more day!
okay, so you don't know the differences.

Now, here is another argument, try to challenge it

For all soldiers/Marines to be armed presents a severe and debilitating logistical challenge to the entire military as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies