Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 02:30 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

I quit voting. No president has ever stayed true to their promisses ( even if. I only agree with a few of them) and the state of the nation gets worse regardless of whichever two party candidate is elected.
The electoral process is in place to make us slaves think we have a hand in running the plantation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 02:32 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
1. Dismantling the welfare state.
2. Dismantling failed Obamacare.
3. Install term limits. No more career politicians.
4. Fix the economy.
5. Regain our standing in the world.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:41 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,189 times
1-Economic. This should be number 1 for everybody. We need to create an economy where businesses can thrive and prosper.

2-Abortion. I am a pro life activist and I will never vote for any candidate who isn't pro life either.

3-Gun rights. Leave my guns alone. Simple.

4-Repeal Obamacare. The sooner the ACA ends up in a shredder the better.

5-Lower taxes. For everyone.

My main candidate is Dr. Ben Carson but he has not expressed interest in running. I would like to see Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:45 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
1) Taking the 13th amendment seriously.
2) Taking the 13th amendment seriously.
3) Taking the 13th amendment seriously.
4) Taking the 13th amendment seriously.
5) Taking the 13th amendment seriously.
The POTUS can do this only through his or her Supreme Court nominations. I don't know if anyone will be retiring within the next six years.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:46 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I quit voting. No president has ever stayed true to their promisses ( even if. I only agree with a few of them) and the state of the nation gets worse regardless of whichever two party candidate is elected.
The electoral process is in place to make us slaves think we have a hand in running the plantation.
True, though I'm not as cynical as you appear to be.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:52 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Probably....

Second Amendment Rights and candidates who respect all Constitutional Rights and don't want to "transform America"

Civil Rights like being pro Gay marriage and pro choice

Individual liberties such as being able to put in your own body whatever you want... like marijuana.

Candidates who favor smaller government

Candidates who subscribe to the notion of American Exceptionalism

Old 04-05-2014, 02:58 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
1-Economic. This should be number 1 for everybody. We need to create an economy where businesses can thrive and prosper.

2-Abortion. I am a pro life activist and I will never vote for any candidate who isn't pro life either.

3-Gun rights. Leave my guns alone. Simple.

4-Repeal Obamacare. The sooner the ACA ends up in a shredder the better.

5-Lower taxes. For everyone.

My main candidate is Dr. Ben Carson but he has not expressed interest in running. I would like to see Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin.
Never going to happen. After it is in full effect you'll never get it repealed, as it would just be too difficult to undo. You might see changes made, but no matter what happens, it will always be centered around Obamacare in some way or another.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:01 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I remember Obama being criticized the first time he was elected for making healthcare reform his Number One priority when the majority said Number 1 is Jobs.

So what are your Top 5 issues for 2016? I know current events can make your priorities change before Election Day.

Primary Only:

Do you vote mostly for a Presidential primary candidate based on their experience with issues important to you (primary) or their campaign promises on issues important to you (primary) or because the other candidates aren't up to the job (primary) so your pick is by default or because you like the candidate's demeanor/personality/appearance/values (primary)?

If it's all of the above, give percents to each that total 100%.
I only have one voting issue when I vote for the next president. His/her ability to run this country. All other issues pale by comparison. When we vote for a president we are not voting issues. We are voting for our commander in chief. Our leader. I will vote as I always do on his/her ability to lead this country. I will look at their political history and their past accomplishments and cast my vote for the person I believe can best lead this country. Only a fool votes for the president based on their favorite issues. It's not the president who decides them anyway.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:03 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Never going to happen. After it is in full effect you'll never get it repealed, as it would just be too difficult to undo. You might see changes made, but no matter what happens, it will always be centered around Obamacare in some way or another.
Then defund it.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:13 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Most important that it be a Democrat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies