Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 11:41 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
not birthplace but "natural born citizen". as the congressional research service points out and we saw with mccain you can be born outside the US and still meet that requirement.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42097.pdf
Very good catch. You are now up to one in a row in being correct.

El Nox

Old 04-11-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
He would be 82 if elected and 86 by the time his first term is through, and while he does seem to be a tough old bird, if I was an Arizona Republican I'd prefer someone younger with more years ahead of him/her, ideally someone who would also be a good Senate candidate post-Governorship.
This reminds me of Ronnie comment about not bringing age into the Presidential debate ... "I will not use my opponents youth and inexperience" ...

I'm sure that someone will look up the exact quote ... but what I put is close enough.

El Nox

Old 04-11-2014, 11:46 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
If memory serves ... GW Bush did ....
bush released one page of his yale transcript......... that had already been leaked by the new yorker 4 years earlier:

The Talk of the Town: Dept. of Aptitude (w/Alexandra Robbins) : The New Yorker

Old 04-11-2014, 11:50 AM

947 posts, read 1,464,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
You can't put complete trust in Snopes owned by a democrat husband and wife team. They have been wrong many times before and can't be taken as legit. Explain this that stood for 16 years from 1991 to 2007 and was changed the year he decides to run for president :

http://www.newscorpse.com/Pix/Caps/b...ma-booklet.jpg
HAHA. That has been debunked too. The literary agent who created that did no background check on Obama nor read the bio.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:56 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
False. Someone comes to this country on tourist visa ... sets up housekeeping and now magically becomes a US resident?

As I said in a previous post ... go check your calendar.

Is there a point you are trying to make other than obfuscation?

I've never worked in College administration so I don't know the answer. Perhaps you can educate all of us based upon your own personal experience.

El Nox
No.

But for a school's purposes, a foreign STUDENT is someone who is a STUDENT in a foreign country who is requesting admission to an American college.

I don't have to check a calendar. I worked in financial aid during the 1980's, and was familiar with college applications. They didn't ask for religious affiliation.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 PM

878 posts, read 737,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
OMG! There was an error in a bio blurb. You do know that the author of that blurb admitted it was an error and took full responsibility for it, right?.
It wasn't a error. Many people have spoken about this who are authors and have stated the information given to the literary agent Miram Goderich had to come from Obama himself. Besides there were changes during those 16 years and yet the bio went unchanged. Also if this was true that a error was made on Obama's first book why didn't he catch it or she, epecially over a 16 year time span? Obama was listed as being born in Kenya on the Dyster & Goderich website until April 2007, "just two months after then-Senator Obama declared his campaign for the presidency." No, here's the truth, the literary agent covered for Obama hours after this story broke on Breitbart and then making the main headline on Drudge. She got her talking points from a White House staffer most likely and made up the excuse to ABC news it was a error. The media took her word and refused to investigate any further and buried the story never to report on it again. It was a bunch of bull if you ask me. Here is her statement she had prepared to give to the media within hours of Breibart breaking the story:

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Funny how she as a assistant instantly remembered that specific error she made way back in 1991 (yea right ). So if she never had any communications or correspondence with Obama on his biography that he was going to get thousands of dollars in advance, where did she dream up that he was born in Kenya and lived in Indonesia of all places on earth, especially in 1991 when he wasn't even a public figure? She fell on the sword for Obama.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox
This response is meaningless obfuscation. We are not talking about employment. We are talking about student records.
you didn't read the entire quote, did you?

"This nondiscrimination policy also covers student access to College programs, including but not limited to academic, admission, financial aid, educational services, and employment."

that is directly on point and not obfuscation.
----------------------------------------------------

Hmmm ... ever think about checking a calendar to see what has changed because of changes in Public Law?
---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Would you have me believe that Occidental only keeps student records 5 years?
if you were rational and let facts dictate your beliefs then, yes, i would. occidental records retention schedule is available online for anyone to see:

https://www.oxy.edu/college-policies

( PDF available under "record retention policy" )

admission records are kept 5 years past student's last attendance. other records retention vary.

Hmmm ... other records retention vary. There was a time when I was indeed considered "rational". Apparently, you do not share this view. Pity.

And I do often get accused of letting facts dictate my beliefs. I really find it to be quite refreshing. Might I suggest that you too try what I am accused of.

Quote:
It appears that his Harvard tuition was a scholarship. Does that qualify as a "could have gotten"?
no, because your claim isn't simply that he received a scholarship but he received a scholarship by claiming to be a foreign student. these scholarships are rare and have very specific requirements. so again i ask, can you name a foreign student scholarship that obama would have qualified for?

No, I cannot. So I ask you for the first time, can you state that O did not claim to be a foreign student? The answer for you is also No. Why can you not answer same? O has blocked all release of his records. Funny thing about facts forming beliefs.

So much for your one in row record.

El Nox

Old 04-11-2014, 12:03 PM

878 posts, read 737,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
HAHA. That has been debunked too..
No it hasn't.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,390 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox
This response is meaningless obfuscation. We are not talking about employment. We are talking about student records.
you didn't read the entire quote, did you?

"This nondiscrimination policy also covers student access to College programs, including but not limited to academic, admission, financial aid, educational services, and employment."

that is directly on point and not obfuscation.
----------------------------------------------------

Hmmm ... ever think about checking a calendar to see what has changed because of changes in Public Law?
---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Would you have me believe that Occidental only keeps student records 5 years?
if you were rational and let facts dictate your beliefs then, yes, i would. occidental records retention schedule is available online for anyone to see:

https://www.oxy.edu/college-policies

( PDF available under "record retention policy" )

admission records are kept 5 years past student's last attendance. other records retention vary.

Hmmm ... other records retention vary. There was a time when I was indeed considered "rational". Apparently, you do not share this view. Pity.

And I do often get accused of letting facts dictate my beliefs. I really find it to be quite refreshing. Might I suggest that you too try what I am accused of.

Quote:
It appears that his Harvard tuition was a scholarship. Does that qualify as a "could have gotten"?
no, because your claim isn't simply that he received a scholarship but he received a scholarship by claiming to be a foreign student. these scholarships are rare and have very specific requirements. so again i ask, can you name a foreign student scholarship that obama would have qualified for?

No, I cannot. So I ask you for the first time, can you state that O did not claim to be a foreign student? The answer for you is also No. Why can you not answer same? O has blocked all release of his records. Funny thing about facts forming beliefs.

So much for your one in row record.

El Nox
As the man said, Gong. Obama hasn't actively blocked anything. Everybody's academic records, even yours and mine, are protected by FERPA. Unless you yourself actively waive your FERPA protections by releasing your records yourself or granting an institution permission to do so, they cannot and will not release your records. You could contact any of the colleges/universities I went to right now and ask for my transcripts and they wouldn't release them.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No.
Good answer. What was the question you were responding to?

Quote:
But for a school's purposes, a foreign STUDENT is someone who is a STUDENT in a foreign country who is requesting admission to an American college.
I need to go buy some hip boots.

Quote:
I don't have to check a calendar. I worked in financial aid during the 1980's, and was familiar with college applications. They didn't ask for religious affiliation.
I find that your previous post call your credibility into question for me. I do not believe any of these three statements.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies