Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 05:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times

Advertisements

Page three, and the discussion is gun control. Time to look for another thread.

To answer the OP, yes of course. Supporting one's family is an act of love.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:54 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
People have killed for love, so why not immigrate illegally? My parents immigrated to the US from Germany after WWI. Legally. But, I have no doubt that if Germany bordered the US, they wouldn't have let legal considerations stop them if it came to it. So I don't give too much credit to those whose ancestors obeyed the law only because they had to.

Republicans are struggling with immigration. None of them want to see the jackboots round up the illegals and deport them or put them in detention camps. Most recognize that the Republican Party has no future if it doesn't develop a sound solution to this problem. Like Ronald Reagan said, most Mexicans are Republicans: they just don't know it yet. And it's true. Mexicans are hard workers. They're religious, family loving people. All they want is a chance.
Most illegals don't fit your flowering description of them. They lie, cheat and steal to exist in this country. How can they claim to be religious based on that? Many desert their families in their homeland and start new ones here on the taxpayer dime I might add. So much for family values. They cost us billions for their social costs. Sorry if I'm not feeling the "love". They do not hold the corner of the market on hard work either. They have reduced wages and job opportunities for Americans by working on the cheap.

The solution to this problem isn't another failed amnesty which would be 4 times as many illegal aliens this time around. No need to round them up just deport them as found instead of Obama's hands off approach, implement e-verify, end birthright citizenship for their kids and all benefits. Most would leave on their own.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:54 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you don't think there is a remote possibility that being married to a Mexican could help sway his views on illegal immigration? Please, I have seen this happen many times.
Everything is possible, but it is not an important issue. Anybody who focus on the ethnic background of a Politician's spouse appear to be petty and desperate. It is a fact.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Demonizing them? What does that mean?
Quote:
Most illegals don't fit your flowering description of them. They lie, cheat and steal to exist in this country. How can they claim to be religious based on that? .
Well, you don't know what "demonizing" means?

I bolded an example for ya.

Younger generation of Republicans don't think like... ugh "you people."

Extreme right wing super turds hurt the party, I know it is painful for you to realize that.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Everything is possible, but it is not an important issue. Anybody who focus on the ethnic background of a Politician's spouse appear to be petty and desperate. It is a fact.
In this case it definitely matters. Jeb isn't trying to bring in unlimited numbers of Haitians or Chinese or Russians.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In this case it definitely matters. Jeb isn't trying to bring in unlimited numbers of Haitians or Chinese or Russians.
Well, read this article

For Republicans To Learn How To Win Over Hispanic Voters, They Need To Look To Texas | Fox News Latino

first.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well I can go a step further than you. I can accept the possibility of citizenship but not for 10 years after being granted permission to stay in our country with no federal benefits, NONE. And yes, you must be working, and paying taxes or be a student unless you are a senior. You must learn English and one criminal activity you are deported, never to return for any reason.
Here is what is wrong with your suggestions. They have done nothing to earn our citizenship. By allowing them to remain here they will be able to retain jobs that our own citizens need. Who is going to monitor them learning English? Just more of our tax dollars being spent and our government can't even seem to keep track of visa overstayers now. Criminal activity? Haven't many of them already committed felony ID theft or tax evasion and some other crimes? Are we just to forgive those and wipe the slate clean? Do Americans get away with those crimes?

Old 04-07-2014, 06:29 PM

55 posts, read 41,522 times
The truth is that although I may support the party, I try to look at everything objectively. The population of the Untied States has significantly increased due to immigration, most of whom are undocumented. The Hispanic population counts for a significant majority of the vote. After all, he is vying for a spot in the next Presidential election, and has a lot to lose by not paying some kind of homage to the Hispanic population. That is the cold hard truth...

Old 04-07-2014, 06:30 PM

Exactly, majority rules. Always have been and always will be.

Republicans have to win over Hispanic votes, like it or not.

Take a lesson from pope Francis.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:38 PM

55 posts, read 41,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Exactly, majority rules. Always have been and always will be.

Republicans have to win over Hispanic votes, like it or not.

Take a lesson from pope Francis.
That is the truth! Liberals get the majority of the votes because they accept almost everything. So they can touch a chord and hit the soft spot in the heart of the majority of people. Conservatives, however, are just as they are named "conservative". They are the standard bearers of morality and law, and oftentimes cannot break that barrier in people's heart. So they lose the vote!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies