Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
So Al Sharpton has his National Action Network thing going on. Holder has attended and Obama plans to. Sharpton has recently received praise from De Blasio, NYC Mayor, as the "real thing".

How does a man like Sharpton, with his past and the instances of crying racism and calling for people's heads in what ended up being false rape claims (at least twice), get such damn recognition and respect? How is this man still relevant with ANYONE, let alone the President of the United States and the Attorney General?!

The guy has never apologized for his words and actions. In fact, the man plays Cry Racist for a living and has profited mightily from it. Ive seen plenty of people of all political persuasions call this guy for what he is....yet he is still out there, front and center.

And really, this isnt limited to Dems paling with him. Its to Fox News and others that give the man a microphone and a chance to even speak anymore. Has this guy not proven enough that he's a piece of dog excrement? Does he have to have yet another false rape claim (white on black of course) to make it three before people finally are done with him?

NYC Mayor De Blasio: Al Sharpton Deserves More Respect, He Is 'The Real Thing'

Holder: Can you believe the way the Attorney General of the United States was treated yesterday? « Hot Air

Obama unconcerned by Al Sharpton's history with the FBI and mafia | WashingtonExaminer.com
I think the Rev still has a problem with blatant racism, why do you ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 06:49 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think the Rev still has a problem with blatant racism, why do you ask?
There are a lot of people who have issues with blatant racism. The fake reverend who cries Racism is the best you can get for a leader? The man who looks for any chance to divide and get white vs black?

Here's another question. Does the term Reverend no longer have any meaning? Who made this guy a Reverend? What Godly clergy is this man associated with exactly? Where is this God's work he's doing? Was it railing against Greek hom os? Was it when he falsely rails against wrongly accused before he knows facts and then doesnt apologize yet looks for the next "opportunity"?

Knowing this man's history, how can anyone approve of our POTUS associating with him?

I dare one reporter to ask the question to Obama. I would love to see him stutter with his excuse as to why it's "okay".

Old 04-10-2014, 07:24 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
He stands for all that Conservatives DON'T. This makes him a person who is among the most enlightened, fighting a cause that is far superior than anything the Right represents. He's dynamic, articulate, passionate, brilliant, in step with the times, and always correct. He speaks to the future. He doesn't long for the past like the bigoted Conservatives do. Rev. Al Sharpton is far, far away a more valuable member of this society than any hapless Conservative.

This is why he is respected and why he gets attention...and don't you forget it either.
You're a joke!

Old 04-10-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Why is a criminal like Oliver North taken seriously by the right?
If we would have listened to Oliver North, 911 would never have happened!

Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Not sure how the Greek Homo one applies here, but the other 2 are false claims by others. Unless you are claiming Sharpton himself knew the girls were lying, you have no case.
Sharpton supported and believed them before it was investigated proven wrong and would have lynched the accused without proof.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Why are you writing about him?

White people are more concerned about him than any other group. You are proving that he has more power than he should.
The above is true. Sharpton gets attention because too many white people pay attention to him because he says things they don't like to hear and they want someone to deem a "black leader" so they chose him and aim their vile at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
And I believe black people should be concerned about him. He is a representative of the black people.
He is not a representative of black people anymore than Rush Limbaugh is a representation of white people or Glen Beck or even Joe Biden. The fact that you think that is the problem. Black people don't pay much attention to Sharpton at all. I hear more about him on this forum (I am black) than I do in real life and I actually listen to a radio program that he is on twice a week (I always miss his segment because it comes on when I get out of the car lol).

But he is not leader and no representative of us. And FWIW, I don't see why you would even think such a thing. Just because someone is black and says something doesn't mean they speak for all black people. LOL at the idea that he "represents" black people lol.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:45 AM

Interesting read...
Quote:

Check out Jesse Lee Peterson's book, "SCAM: How the Black Leadership Exploits
Black America". It will explain everything. Or, you can search articles by Jesse
Lee Peterson on your favorite search engine.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:45 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He use to do it more so than he does now, but he would look for nearly ANY huge case where it seemed to be a white on black crime. He'd get out his bullhorn and get people angry, specifically black. It never mattered what the facts were. And then when he was proven an idiot, he doesnt apologize, but wait for his next opportunity.
This proves that you are not informed.

Al Sharpton only steps in when a victim who has a clear objective invites him to.

Example is the Martin Zimmerman case. The Martin family felt as if the case was mishandled by the Sanford police department and felt the case should be tried before a jury. What was wrong with that?

You're stating that he runs and jumps into random cases just to make White people angry is just not factual. You and many other want to get angry over something racial and have a them vs us mentality. If you didn't know, there where all different people advocating for the case going to trial. Including Whites and Hispanics.

You and many other need to gather factual information from the actual source before forming opinions. Let someone tell you who they are first then you can say what they are about to someone else.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:47 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
This one's actually easy. Sharpton has a long record of advocating for people who have no voice, as we've sen recently. He's also a strong advocate for ending gun violence, among all people. And most of the time, he's absolutely correct in his rallies - as when he pushes against some violent cop, or some George Zimmerman wannabe.

It's amusing to hear the same people who decry him, claim that Kanye West is a "Gangsta rapper", or claim that giving people health insurance is "reparations for slavery". We all know that conservatives are far more obsessed with skin color than Sharpton is, so let's call it out.
Wanted to also highlight this above.

It is funny to me that so many people who hate Sharpton don't realize that he actually does serve a purpose. Because you all (who hate him) give him so much attention, he is an embodied bullhorn because if any "black and white issue" comes up you all will be pointing a microphone in his face and asking his opinion.

And FWIW, he actually does focus primarily on "black issues" alone like gun violence in black communities as was stated above, that is one of his primary focuses and he is quick to make a comment on violent beatings or killings in black neighborhoods perpetuated by black people against black people.

Most of the people posting on this thread only know about the high profile cases, most of them many years old except the Trayvon Martin trial, which he was not the instigator in at all.

But in general, most white people in the country don't know much about black people except for stereotypes, so they (especially conservatives on this forum it seems) wants to put us in a box and place Sharpton at the helm. This is based on ignorance as you don't know about the primary media figures that black people actually do listen to and pay attention to or who we consider our leaders. The only black leader I consider is the president.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
Th irony here is that most blacks I know don't have any use or respect for him. It's the white liberals who fawn over him and cower in fear envy time he threatens a boycott.
You got it. Only in ultra blue states like NY or NJ could a Sharpton or Jackson thrive. They are experts at sucking up to and playing off white liberal guilt, which is very real around here. I suspect there are a lot of red states they wouldn't get the time of day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies