Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 11:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Very rue, I had no idea blacks were so racist until comrade obama came along. I look at blacks in a whole different light now.. I had no idea the black community has such hatred for whites.. I guess they feel with one of them in the top position, they can say, act, and do anything they wish and get away with it.
I too look at blacks differently now too. I didn't realize how much blacks hated whites either. Now that we know....

Obama is terrible for race relations in America was clear early on. He has followed race-based policies in many areas. Yet, at the same time, much of what he promised for blacks and whites has failed up to this point. So now liberals and black leaders are blaming racism for Obama's unpopularity. Liberals in the media and in politics have created a terrible dynamic in America with potential long-term problems.

One more broken promise-but who is keeping track by now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 11:45 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Nearly half the GOP refuses to accept a guy that looks like Obama as president. They really do think he was born in Kenya. When the books are written about Obama and racism who do you think is going to look bad, not to mention extremely stupid.
More Than Half Of Republican Primary Voters Think Obama Wasn't Born Here

Old 04-11-2014, 11:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's still amazing to me that people still think that a policy someone dislikes equates to racism....

Collective bulls*** group think, and being brainwashed by the media on how to think. That's all. Sheep hate it when you don't go along to get along.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:05 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Actually, what Obama did was expose the sad fact that in spite of the overall progress the nation has made on issues of race, there remains a surprising virulent even if atavistic strain of racism within certain segment of the nation. It set nothing back. It showed that were not as far along as we thought.

It shouldn't have come as a surprise. But to a lot of us it did.
Well, we aren't very "far along" when it comes to having racially integrated neighborhoods, that's for sure. And seeing that you live in a town that's 90% white, I assume that that doesn't come as a surprise to you.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Well, we aren't very "far along" when it comes to having racially integrated neighborhoods, that's for sure. And seeing that you live in a town that's 90% white, I assume that that doesn't come as a surprise to you.
Blacks hate whites and don't want to live in majority white towns. I wouldn't think it was a problem for you. And now that blacks made it clear how much blacks hate whites why would whites want you as neighbors.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:31 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
Wrong.

The OP is right and you know it.

Race relations were getting better under Reagan, Bush1, Clinton and Bush2. Why? Because we quit pointing out the fact that there are different races. One of my favorite actors, Morgan Friedman, said it best when talking about racism; "
stop talking about it". Obama takes every opportunity to interject his opinion in an issue when race is involved, you know it, stop denying it.
So your premise here is that race relations were better because minorities were bowing down and accepting their place in society?

Well, I hate to tell you, but there is still significant racism in this country even at an institutional level. The only people who have a problem with this being dealt with are already racists anyways.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:36 PM

702 posts, read 726,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Blacks hate whites and don't want to live in majority white towns. I wouldn't think it was a problem for you. And now that blacks made it clear how much blacks hate whites why would whites want you as neighbors.
This is a great point. Blacks hate whites and don't want to live in white towns.

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
And here it is. This is the divisiveness Obama created. After Obama was elected blacks "feel they can say, act, and do anything they wish and get away with it". Blacks are uppity now because of Obama. And it has "screwed this country up".

Absolutely vile.
This sort of assertion is actually hilarious when you think about it. Republicans have been eating a steady diet of Obama Bucks, Obama Waffles, throwing food at black people at their conventions, birth certificate nonsense, Obama Phones, the ACORN controversy, the Shirley Sherrod controversy, calling healthcare reform or the Stimulus bill "reparations", calling black people "takers" and saying they're slaves on the "democrat plantation"...but no, it's liberals that always bring up race.

Let's be realistic. White liberals aren't always right when it comes to race. But republicans, of any race, are the worst, most insulting, and generally disgusting people in the conversation. Obama and Holder set nothing back, they simply caused republicans to spew bigotry by their mere presence.

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Obama had an opportunity. He had the chance as the first half black President to unit, bring people together. Spread a message of harmony. And surely there were many people who voted just for that.

Instead what did we get? We got the exact opposite. Instead of racial harmony, we have racial discord seemingly more than previous years he took office. We have the head of the DOJ, who attends a meeting of racial hustler shake down artist, Sharpton, complaining that people are mean to him because of his race. You can't criticize Obama, let alone anyone who's of color now without being called a racist.

Obama did what he does best, divide. Same with the media/hollywood, who take every chance they get to label those as racist if they dare speak negative against Obama or another who happens to be of color.

Congrats. You Democrats set back race progress. But maybe, that's what you wanted. You cant have racial harmony and still use your rhetoric and attacks usefully. You, like Sharpton and others, NEED racial clashes. Without them, you are left with very little.

Advice to those who see what has happened. If you really care about what they say of you make certain that you never speak ill, negative, be mean to, etc a person or group that is of a race other than white. If you do, you are now labeled a racist. Dont discipline or fire any one who may work for you who may be of color. You would then be a racist.
I sure wish that you guys would STOP putting YOUR hang ups on everyone else.

Just because YOU'RE experiencing poor race relations on a personal level has nothing to do with the rest of the country.

Americans by and large are getting along just fine. Race relations are no better or worse for the overwhelming majority of us.

This "race relations" crap drives me nuts. It's not even an important issue.

We aren't all gonna wake-up one day and start kissing each other's backsides. And that's perfectly fine with me. But your personal race issues are YOUR problem.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:58 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I sure wish that you guys would STOP putting YOUR hang ups on everyone else.

Just because YOU'RE experiencing poor race relations on a personal level has nothing to do with the rest of the country.

Americans by and large are getting along just fine. Race relations are no better or worse for the overwhelming majority of us.

This "race relations" crap drives me nuts. It's not even an important issue.

We aren't all gonna wake-up one day and start kissing each other's backsides. And that's perfectly fine with me. But your personal race issues are YOUR problem.
Here's the thing. The truth is you have the media/hollywood and democrats accusing whites of being racist constantly. And its increased a thousand fold since Obama took office. Obama has engaged in comments that have not been helpful, more devicive. And we have the head of the DOJ pulling the race card just the other night.

And to top it off, Obama and the top cop think its just dandy to attend a convention led by Al Sharpton of all people. Since when has Al Sharpton been the face of honesty on race? And the fact that the media sits and says nothing whole a bunch of politicians like our President attend is disturbing. They should be getting destroyed for attending and be forced to explain why. Most sane people can admit to what Al Sharpton is and has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies