Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:52 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
He's 100% right. Black liberalism has destroyed the black family. Prior to integration, 70% of black children were born to married couples, now its the opposite, 70% are born out of wedlock. Also liberals told black women they couldn't have a man in the house if they wanted government aid. Also back then you had thriving black communities, and thriving businesses that served those communities. After integration all the black people who had money left, and those same neighborhoods turned into ghettos overnight.
The communities were not particularly "thriving" because they were "pot bound." Jim Crow laws permitted a black man to become a teacher--but only in black schools. A black man could become a lawyer, but accept only black clients. A black man could become a doctor, but only see black patients. How many black doctors could the black community support? How many black architects or computer programmers?

And if any black businessman got too big even within the black community, white business would put him out of business and take over his market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 07:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
The pastor is correct.

Thing is though, it looks to me that just about EVERY group is doing worse in this country than they were 45 years ago. It's like the old adage that when whites get a cold, blacks get the flu.

Anyway, I'm still happy that the CRA passed and can't imagine living in an America where it didn't pass. Nor would I want to.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:03 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I have mixed feelings on this. What do you think? As far as material wealth is concerned, we are all better off. But poverty and incarceration still disproportionately affect blacks.

Are We Better Off 50 Years After The Civil Rights Act? - YouTube
And MOST of that is self inflicted. Racism is no excuse for single mothers/baby daddies/absentee fathers.

Thug culture promotes self destruction. That being said there are countless Black Americans that are decent and well off, maybe they should look to them for inspiration instead of parodies of the worst stereotypes amongst themselves.

You can use whatever excuses for this you can think of but people in similar or worse conditions have bettered themselves.

A good start would be to cut off freebies and entitlements to ABLE BODIED people so they have to find something productive ( this includes ALL races) to do instead of mooching off the system.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
more stormfront babbling.
And here we have the reason that things in the black community are deteriorating rather than improving: if anybody suggests anything other than racism is the cause of all problems in the black community, liberals will come out of the woodwork to ridicule them. And so, since racism isn't the problem, the real problems don't ever get addressed.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
He's 100% right. Black liberalism has destroyed the black family. Prior to integration, 70% of black children were born to married couples, now its the opposite, 70% are born out of wedlock. Also liberals told black women they couldn't have a man in the house if they wanted government aid. Also back then you had thriving black communities, and thriving businesses that served those communities. After integration all the black people who had money left, and those same neighborhoods turned into ghettos overnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The communities were not particularly "thriving" because they were "pot bound." Jim Crow laws permitted a black man to become a teacher--but only in black schools. A black man could become a lawyer, but accept only black clients. A black man could become a doctor, but only see black patients. How many black doctors could the black community support? How many black architects or computer programmers?

And if any black businessman got too big even within the black community, white business would put him out of business and take over his market.
I think both of you are right but for different reasons.

Tho 1 thing many people like as in white racists AND hood rats don't wanna face is that most Black people have come a long ways since the end of slavery. Like being able to read and so on. The POTUS is living proof that "Black" people CAN go to the top in the US.

Word is the history of us "Irish" was VERY bad and we had to get our act together before we started getting respect. Study our history and "Black" road has its signposts into the future IMHO.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
he is correct. enormous brain and talent drain out of the black community it has really hurt that community.
they all moved out and moved on up. what is left is not promising --- poor school achievement and a lot of hate and anger. it can change but i dont know how. but i want you to know i have tried hard.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-14-2014 at 11:11 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 10:13 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I have mixed feelings on this. What do you think? As far as material wealth is concerned, we are all better off. But poverty and incarceration still disproportionately affect blacks.

Are We Better Off 50 Years After The Civil Rights Act? - YouTube
This pastor is a known self hater. White supremacist on stormfront love this guy.

Not taking nothing he's saying serious at all whatsoever.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:40 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Pastors, Reverends, etc. don't deserve the hero worship the black community gives them. I never did understand that. Possibly because I'm a white atheist but still, there is no logic there. Are people impressed with the title? Do they think it makes someone smart or "better"?

Old 04-15-2014, 01:05 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
How many black architects or computer programmers?
Computer programmers weren't in high demand during the Democratic Jim Crow Era.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:08 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and HOW!

Daniel Patrick Moynihan talking about that about 1965:

The Negro Family: The Case For National Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Too; maybe American Black people are or were the "canary in the coal mine", what happens there good OR bad, WILL happen to the rest of us.
What's interesting about Moynihan's report is how so few people who cite it, even bother to read it (and I'm not accusing you of that here, but it's true for people on both sides of the debate). He's actually *very* clear that he considers white racism to be responsible for the plight of the black community, and suggests a series of strong economic remedies to counteract this - remedies that were never taken.

What's really interesting, though, is that out-of-wedlock childbirths among black women is at it's lowest point in decades. What's *really* happening is that childbirths to married black women has fallen *faster*. In other words, the conservative response is plainly ridiculous, because it entirely fails to account for this simple fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
pastor manning, isnt this the same guy who said god hates black people.
Yes. He also claimed that Obama is a "long-legged Mack Daddy" who has "released homodemons on the black man", and that black women can't compete because "white homos" have American Express cards, and access to "the theater".

No, I'm not kidding.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4j3MUURMkc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies