Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:29 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
You consider innocent children invaders?

Amazing
You call everyone not a baby an innocent child?
Amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 02:33 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Greatday You call everyone not a baby innocent?
Amazing.
You said that children, women and old men were invaders - and that killing them was justified.

Let me be clear - strapping a bomb on children is non justifiable under any circumstance. Putting a car bomb by a school -- to deliberatly kill and maim children is not justifiable under any circumstance. Have a homicide bomber go into a market to kill women and men shopping for food is not justifiable under any circumstance.

Having a homicide bomber walk into a hospital to kill the sick and injured is not justifiable under any circumstance -

The fact that you do justify these murders speaks volumns about your lack of reality and your lack of decency.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
You said that children, women and old men were invaders - and that killing them was justified.
So isn't every American soldier someone's child? Are there no women in the American Army?
Did the American Army not invade Iraq?
Does the American army invade every country in which an atrocity is committed?

Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatdaySo isn't every American soldier someone's child? Are there no women in the American Army?
Nice try to divert but, you are unsuccessful

Clearly we were talking about YOUR freedom fighters - you know - the insurgents and some Iraqi terrorists. And, we were talking about them killing innocent IRAQI citizens -

But, inasmuch as you defend your "Freedom Fighters", and their murdering of innocent IRAQI's, I guess you are at a loss for words.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:06 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatdaySo isn't every American soldier someone's child? Are there no women in the American Army?
Does the American army invade every country in which an atrocity is committed?
Not every country in the world has something to do with our national security. I really don't care what happens in other countries if it doesn't affect me.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
But, inasmuch as you defend your "Freedom Fighters", and their murdering of innocent IRAQI's, I guess you are at a loss for words.
If you mean that I see no difference between an American soldier waterboarding a suspect and a terrorist waterboarding a suspect than you are right; there is no difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist.

Originally Posted by dunkel25
Quote:
Not every country in the world has something to do with our national security. I really don't care what happens in other countries if it doesn't affect me.
Unless they have oil, or the technology to build nuclear weaponry, right?
I mean in those cases national borders obviously don't mean a thing.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Default I don't know if its torture, but I do know..

I don't know if waterboarding is torture, but I know terrorism is. Can you imagine the final moments of hundreds of people trapped in the WTC that morning in 2001? Were they effectively tortured to death?

Old 01-23-2008, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by tomocox
Quote:
Were they effectively tortured to death?
So torture is only all right when it is done by Americans or when it is government approved?
I simply am against torture. Period.
I mean if the other side rapes soldiers, does that mean that we should rape theirs too?

Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 AM

Someone claims that my post is rude, I can only say that the truth hurts if you try to deny it.
The more you deny it, the more it will hurt.
I guess some people live in this ignorant world where rape would never be considered torture.
Or that rape and torture should never be compared. Obviously that person has never been raped or tortured.
Torture = rape and rape = torture.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Waterboarding IS by definition a form of physical torture. You can actually drown from this action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies