Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 01:37 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,866,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
Its very simple !!!

If they want it, they will take it and there's nothing that can be done !!!
This.

It is like many of you have never heard of imminent domain. The Feds can do what they want with any piece of privately owned land in this country. They can just make up a reason and take the land or they can be generous and "fairly compensate" you for it.

I personally don't have any opinions for or against it. Evidently they have a reason for doing what they are doing. I heard a liberal radio program speak of this a week or so ago and they were talking about how the government wants this land due to oil. Anything is possible.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:38 PM

39,129 posts, read 51,424,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Good find. Oil and gas companies, with the blessing of state and federal officials, have received more land under this current Texas legislatures. This is purely a political issue and Texas legislators may want to toe the line, unless they want to look like shills for the O&G industry.
When you get the facts, it is always the moneyed interests stirring the pot for their own benefit. The useful idiots on the right never seem to catch on.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,263,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
When you get the facts, it is always the moneyed interests stirring the pot for their own benefit. The useful idiots on the right never seem to catch on.
So the government is taking property for its oil.. You seem to be ok with that..

btw, since you are going to cite the previous poster as "fact", can you back it up for me..

thanks..

Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,140,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So the government is taking property for its oil.. You seem to be ok with that..

btw, since you are going to cite the previous poster as "fact", can you back it up for me..

thanks..
Post 11 provided the facts.

It's amusing how you far righties are for the private sector and against the public sector. But you seem to be clueless that it is the private sector pulling the strings and you want to give them more power from the govt. The real issue is mankind, government is simply a man made concept. The problem isntt government, it's people.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:30 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,140,144 times
Quote:
I'm also glad that so many americans werent reliant upon the government for every bit of their existance back then.

When you create a dependant society, peoples attitude tends to change against those who are paying your way.
Or.... We were simply a rural agrarian society with more self sufficient people due to a lack of technology in the 18th. Tea baggers have a hard time with this concept.

Capitalism caused a "dependent society". Just look across the globe at modern industrialized nations, they all function the same.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:40 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,925,202 times
Quote:
There is consistancy..

The federal government needs to stop pretending like they are our parents...
Unless you want your allowance raised like most US citizens demand, both right and left. The "parents" are up to their fannies is debt yet one group wants those shiny new airplanes, the other group wants more lunch tickets.
Cut YOUR allowance pghquest and your squeal like a pig!

Old 04-25-2014, 03:06 PM

262 posts, read 155,437 times
Quote:

thanks..
The Constitution allow the Federal Government to own ONLY:

1. Post Offices
2. Federal Courts
3. Military Reservations
4. Highways

Federal Government, under our Constitution CANNOT own public lands. Those became State-owned when each State was established. It is my understanding that this was controlled and dictated by a Trust created for this purpose. The BLM and Forest Service need to get the he!! out of public-land management. That should be under State control only.

The Western States are pursuing this illegal infringement by the Feds, have been for 2 years and will prevail if there is any justice and the Constitution is not thwarted by the Feds.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:08 PM

262 posts, read 155,437 times
Quote:

thanks..

1. Post Offices
2. Federal Courts
3. Military Reservations
4. Highways

Federal Government, under our Constitution CANNOT own public lands. Those became State-owned when each State was established. It is my understanding that this was controlled and dictated by a Trust created for this purpose. The BLM and Forest Service need to get the he!! out of public-land management. That should be under State control only.

The Western States are pursuing this illegal infringement by the Feds, have been for 2 years and will prevail if there is any justice and the Constitution is not thwarted by the Feds. The only Western State that has not come aboard this cooperative effort is California...shame on them.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,689,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post

1. Post Offices
2. Federal Courts
3. Military Reservations
4. Highways

The Western States are pursuing this illegal infringement by the Feds, have been for 2 years and will prevail if there is any justice and the Constitution is not thwarted by the Feds.
Lol.

I love it when amateur Constitutionalists try to explain this stuff.

Read the actual legal history of this issue. Next time you won't sound so clueless.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:43 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,422,605 times
I am sorry I find this to be highly entertaining, especially because it comes from Republicans in Texas. You have people in the Republican party in Texas stirring the pot using Bundy to talk about how the evil liberals in the federal government are going to steal folks land. Meanwhile the same Texas Republican politicians who are spouting this are more then happy to set up rules such that private quasi utility companies (namely T. Boone Pickens' water and electric giant) can set up their own municipalities with eminent domain power to actually steal people's land, miles and miles of it using taxpayer subsidized municipal bonds to pay for it.

T. Boone Pickens Has Big Plans For Our Money - Forbes

I just enjoy the irony of it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: