Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,965,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Where are you from? I enjoy millions of acres of public (USFS/BLM) lands that are open to me for hunting, fishing, power boating, riding my Jeep and ATVs, shooting and camping. Other public lands are preserved as wilderness areas where my activities are limited to those that have less impact. I lived in the east. So many outdoor activities there are restricted to parks, crowded campgrounds, a few small hunting preserves, and the rest is posted. The high percentage of public lands in the west is what makes it the best part of the country to live in.
Then why can't they stop this if they have so much $$$ & control....after all they own it.

Five Federal Lands in Arizona Have Travel Warnings in Place | Fox News

Old 04-25-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I sure am glad that the founding fathers of this country did not have that attitude.
I'm sure that poster wasn't from Texas........hope that isn't the new American view!

Old 04-26-2014, 01:15 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,946,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
I am sorry I find this to be highly entertaining, especially because it comes from Republicans in Texas. You have people in the Republican party in Texas stirring the pot using Bundy to talk about how the evil liberals in the federal government are going to steal folks land. Meanwhile the same Texas Republican politicians who are spouting this are more then happy to set up rules such that private quasi utility companies (namely T. Boone Pickens' water and electric giant) can set up their own municipalities with eminent domain power to actually steal people's land, miles and miles of it using taxpayer subsidized municipal bonds to pay for it.

T. Boone Pickens Has Big Plans For Our Money - Forbes

I just enjoy the irony of it all.
DnRs are both equal opportunity offenders.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,276,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Then why can't they stop this if they have so much $$$ & control....after all they own it.

Five Federal Lands in Arizona Have Travel Warnings in Place | Fox News
Did you read the piece?

The travel warnings make sense. Who else could do a better job on those lands than the BLM? Arizona is sa huge state with a hell of a lot of federal land. They can't be everywhere all the time.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:36 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,464,549 times
I don't know the national numbers, but in the Mojave, BLM only has $2 per acre per year to manage the lands. That includes paying for law enforcement activities. In aggregate it's a lot of money, but when you're talking about the vast expanses of land they are responsible for, it can only go so far.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Did you read the piece?

The travel warnings make sense. Who else could do a better job on those lands than the BLM? Arizona is sa huge state with a hell of a lot of federal land. They can't be everywhere all the time.
Yet BLM is doing really nothing to stop this? Yes, I read the piece T

his is America how can we allow any section of the states not be protected. We can travel to Iraq and protect borders, but not our own. Those signs should never have been needed.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:03 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,464,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yet BLM is doing really nothing to stop this? Yes, I read the piece T

his is America how can we allow any section of the states not be protected. We can travel to Iraq and protect borders, but not our own. Those signs should never have been needed.
This is a border security issue, and it's comically myopic to suggest that BLM, Forrest Service or Fish & Wildlife or any other service whose main mission is not policing would be solely responsible.

If we had permanent armed guards stationed there, there would be another thread on this subforum saying "The gubmint is protecting these trees with tanks, while people are getting killed in Chicago!". You know that is true.

Why don't you head over to Iraq and see just how protected you feel. Hyperbole much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: