Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:28 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Good
Not good at all , we dont need liberals coming here trying to turn the state into a big nanny state with handouts. Liberal politics carry no common sense or business ethics as you can see from the states the people are fleeing from... Just sayin..

Old 04-22-2014, 01:36 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Not good at all , we dont need liberals coming here trying to turn the state into a big nanny state with handouts. Liberal politics carry no common sense or business ethics as you can see from the states the people are fleeing from... Just sayin..
Nor do we need a bunch of conservatives who hate the poor and like to tell people how to live their personal lives.

I'll settle for a libertarian Texas.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Nor do we need a bunch of conservatives who hate the poor and like to tell people how to live their personal lives.

I'll settle for a libertarian Texas.

Im conservative, i dont hate poor people but i dont like people that abuse a system. I dont tell anyone how to live their lives , i might not like something but i dont demand someone change...

Old 04-22-2014, 01:57 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Im conservative, i dont hate poor people but i dont like people that abuse a system. I dont tell anyone how to live their lives , i might not like something but i dont demand someone change...
Well, I suggest you spread the word to your fellow party members, because they haven't got the message.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:59 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Im more Libertarian. I came from California and like you I didnt like the nanny type programs the state had set up. However, the religious right is equally nuts.

I dont want a blue Texas but not a red one either. A purple one would be nice.

As for the claim, I cant see anyone choosing Texas if the cost of living was the same and the opprotunities were the same. But they arent. For that reason, I came here and dont have any desire to go home.

People say: "Liberals go home" or whatever, but this is the USA. Anyone who is American is free to go anywhere else. I welcome liberals who come here because it will push the state closer to the center.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Well, I suggest you spread the word to your fellow party members, because they haven't got the message.
I know what you mean, it seems like both parties have lost touch of reality tho. We need some new fresh young blood

I think people need to keep religion at home or in the churches. Im not a religious person at all..

Old 04-22-2014, 02:08 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
I know what you mean, it seems like both parties have lost touch of reality tho. We need some new fresh young blood

I think people need to keep religion at home or in the churches. Im not a religious person at all..
You could hang with this Californian anytime.

Thats a brand of conservatism I could go with.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:29 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Yet that doesn't explain why Texas is one of few states that doesn't allow open-carry....Texas is in very bad company with that. That is not something that has been changed by the influx.
It surprises me, too, that Texas is not an open carry state--and yet blue mostly liberal New Mexico is.

It (open carry) freaks some people out, too, and those get upset when they see it. The more liberal Texas becomes, the less likely it is ever to be an open-carry state. Many liberals want to disarm the population in general, like the WH wants.

I hope Texas never gets so liberal that I'm sorry I came home instead of going to WY!

Old 04-22-2014, 02:30 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Good
VERY bad.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:13 PM

554 posts, read 745,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
It surprises me, too, that Texas is not an open carry state--and yet blue mostly liberal New Mexico is.

<SNIP>

I hope Texas never gets so liberal that I'm sorry I came home instead of going to WY!
Me, too! The more we (Lovely Wife & I) keep looking for a 'decent place' to retire, the more we look (back, in my case) to Texas. I sure hope it doesn't turn into another "California" or "New York" ... !

I'm fairly sure I'm in a "minority-opinion" on this, but I hope the rural towns will stay rural, and not get all-caught-up in the "bigger is better," big-city phenomenon. If the last 200 years are any indication, I'm prolly dreamin' of "days-gone-by," though ... ... Some youngster called it "Progress" in another thread ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies