Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It is almost derby time.

How do you feel about racing??

Or, rodeo??
I'm fine with it, is this an all or nothing kind of thing for you? The world doesn't live in absolutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 09:55 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes. We the people do get the government that we voted for. Unfortunately, s*** rolls down hill, and this progressive big goverment bulls*** tends to filter into other places like my state! "Gee.... look what NYC or San Francisco did... let's make it a law here!"

Old 04-22-2014, 09:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
bute (phenybutazone) is basically horse aspirin. while I am far from an expert the horse racing and show jumping industry are full of illegal drugs given to horses. in horse racing diuretics/lasix are used to get a horses weight down before a race. lasixs are also used to flush out the system so other drugs go undetected. there is a long list of trainers who have been caught giving illegal drugs to their race horses. even the well respected wayne lucas. xylazine a muscle relaxant and anesthesia medication as well as clenbuterol a steriod as well as butorphanol a narcotic are a favorite use drugs for rick dutrow a trainer of breeders cup horses. the man has been suspended for class 3 butorphanol. thankfully he has been banned now from racing for ten years.

and a list of banned drugs for show jumpers
http://www.feicleansport.org/2013%20...ted%20List.pdf

so yes drugging horses is huge in the industry by unscrupulous owners and trainers. I wouldn't doubt the same thing goes on in the carriage industry.
Lasix is used at the track by the ring master to make the horses pee for the drug test.

Harness horses can race on bute......if it is declared.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:59 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Do they? Did a horse choose to be put on this earth for our amusement?

This sounds a lot like Orcas and Sea World. Heck, I don't own any pets for that reason alone. That is just my two cents. Animals are animals and should be left alone.
You don't know anything about horses. Just stop.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I'm fine with it, is this an all or nothing kind of thing for you? The world doesn't live in absolutes.
If you want to be upset by the treatment of horses.....look into the rodeos.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:07 AM

Each state does have there own rules for the track.

This is a betters guild.

WinningPonies.com - Error! Cookies Required

Old 04-22-2014, 10:21 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Not all Horse Drawn Carriage owners treat their horses inhumanely.
Horses enjoy working, just like dogs do....

I cannot believe how, whenever someone wants to raise their own case, against something, they go all the way to the other end of the sprectrum.

So, of course, they are all inhumane? Does anyone do their homework, or do you absolutely believe everything you read?

And by the way, this thread is not about race horses or drugs, or sulky races, or flat races, etc, it is about how all Horses pulling carriages in NYC are treated inhumanely.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
If you want to be upset by the treatment of horses.....look into the rodeos.
I will do that, but this thread isn't about rodeos.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Not all Horse Drawn Carriage owners treat their horses inhumanely.
Horses enjoy working, just like dogs do....

I cannot believe how, whenever someone wants to raise their own case, against something, they go all the way to the other end of the sprectrum.

So, of course, they are all inhumane? Does anyone do their homework, or do you absolutely believe everything you read?

And by the way, this thread is not about race horses or drugs, or sulky races, or flat races, etc, it is about how all Horses pulling carriages in NYC are treated inhumanely.
They would be foolish not to take good care of those horses......that is their livelihood.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
They would be foolish not to take good care of those horses......that is their livelihood.
And yet you will see them out there working their horses over 10 hrs a day on the hottest summer days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies