Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 07:09 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,511 times

Advertisements

Dave Ramsey said it best. He said a parents home should be a safety net not a hammock.
He and a caller were discussing this exact topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 09:20 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Seriously, would you date a guy in his mid-20s still living with his parents? Would you marry one?
Of course I would, why wouldn't I For all you know he makes good money and is saving to buy a house. Sorry, I see nothing wrong with that because my daughter did it. She moved out when she got married at age 25. She paid her bills and saved the rest. She had well over 20,000 when she moved out. So tell me what is wrong with her living at home until she was 25.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:19 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Q:Why do so many young adults STILL live with their parents? A: Public schools

Old 04-25-2014, 10:28 PM

746 posts, read 866,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Q:Why do so many young adults STILL live with their parents? A: Public schools
Thanks for the descriptive answer. (Sarcasm)

Old 04-25-2014, 10:34 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Show me where most of us say that inflation doesnt exist.

Obviously I wont hold my breath.

Obviously when making such a statement thats untrue you shouldn't follow it up with the morons comment........
There actually isn't that much inflation at least not since 2008.

Historical Inflation Rates: 1914-2014, Annual and Monthly Tables - US Inflation Calculator

The issue is that people are morons and associate price changes in a few visible commodities based on seasonal or supply variances as "inflation"

Old 04-25-2014, 10:59 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Seriously, would you date a guy in his mid-20s still living with his parents? Would you marry one?
I'm still wondering why you would be so anxious to get married in your mid 20's, let alone concerning
yourself with why a guy in his 20's is living with his parents or not.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:13 PM

746 posts, read 866,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm still wondering why you would be so anxious to get married in your mid 20's, let alone concerning
yourself with why a guy in his 20's is living with his parents or not.
Maybe they don't believe in premarital sex.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Don't immigrants do it all the time?
Actually the answer is a resounding no. If you go and talk to immigrants or are descended from more recent immigrants such that you have a living memory of their experiences you will know that they generally move to places where they have relatives, folks from the town the are from in the old country, or other folks they know for a support system so they can get a job. I suspect that even among illegal immigrants they generally know someone who will set them up when they get here.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's called a "Portfolio." Look into it.

Actually its called a paper shredder, which is where your resume goes without a B.A. or B.S. when dealing with employment and advancement opportunities

You got exactly what you wanted, so why aren't you happy?

I seriously doubt many people actually wanted that. I tend to think such view are more about the bitterness of the person spouting it, generally relating to an election or policy loss, rather then an actual reflection of what folks want or wanted.

Excellent.....the Laws of Economics are working exactly as they should be.
Yes indeed, now if only folks advocated low cost re-location could understand this concept.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:45 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I would guess that, in the case of 50-64 year olds living with parents, its more likely to be for the parents than the children.
I was too homely of a guy to be able to date women. They would say that I looked like an abortion that lived. So I lived with my parents for a long time. Since I couldn't get sex, there was no need for me to have my own home for privacy. But I eventually saved up a lot of money and decided to invest in it by arranging with a contractor to build my own home. That was an enjoyable experience. Now that I'm older, it's even harder to get a date, but I'm too old now to complain about it. I'm happy enough sharing my home with a black cat for companionship. My mother didn't like cats, anyway. So didn't adopt one, until I moved out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies