Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGG View Post
Yep, this has NOTHING to do with Bundy being a FREELOADER too! But, nice deflection as usual......next.

Rand Paul 2016 PLEASE! We need another Palin effect.
Deflection from what???

Old 04-24-2014, 07:12 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The ironic thing is Rand Paul fairly recently chastised the GOP for not reaching out to Blacks and other minorities and criticised the party for the very thing Bundy represents - THEN he turns around and cheers Bundy on - only to have Bundy exposed as White Supremacist type.

I swear, the GOP leadership just can't help themselves. They seem fated to shoot themselves in the foot.
LOL
There's a word for that - it's called STUPIDITY.

So I guess Rand Pauls' argument when he's called out for cheering this guy on is going to be "I'm not a racist, I'm just an idiot". Gotta hand it to him, that would be a UNIQUE campaign slogan (possibly one of the most honest).

Ken
Funnier still, after almost non-stop wall to wall coverage of Bundy, Fox News went abruptly silent on this story and hasn't even reported on his racist rant. All those people who are glued to Fox News all day are probably wondering what happened. Days of hero worship and suddenly nothing. Gretchen Carlson even cut off someone she was interviewing when he attempted to bring Bundy into the discussion, saying, "Alright, let’s not bring that into this discussion. I don’t want to bring that into this discussion!”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/2...negro-remarks/

Faux News lives up to it's name again and again. All the make-believe news you need.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:18 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Funnier still, after almost non-stop wall to wall coverage of Bundy, Fox News went abruptly silent on this story and hasn't even reported on his racist rant. All those people who are glued to Fox News all day are probably wondering what happened. Days of hero worship and suddenly nothing. Gretchen Carlson even cut off someone she was interviewing when he attempted to bring Bundy into the discussion, saying, "Alright, let’s not bring that into this discussion. I don’t want to bring that into this discussion!”

Fox News host shuts down mention of Cliven Bundy after silence on ‘Negro’ remarks

Faux News lives up to it's name again and again. All the make-believe news you need.
That's pretty typical.

Ken

Old 04-24-2014, 07:38 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
The republican party is tripping over itself in a race to see who can be the dumbest. This is just the latest example.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:43 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The republican party is tripping over itself in a race to see who can be the dumbest. This is just the latest example.
The Republican party took Bundy to court???

Who new???

Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,375 times
Unlikely to end well for Bundy and his family. The more intense it gets with his 'militia' friends, the more likely he'll have any financial accounts frozen, and other who conduct business with him will have their account frozen as well. I'm sure there are dreams the subsequent citizen response will lead to revolution, but his gripe is not valid enough for more than a small minority of people to support him through something like that. Maybe he can slaughter his cattle and see how long he can live off the land before he or his 'militia' take the bait and snap, leading to violent confrontation, which he would inevitably lose.

He should just be glad Obama, Bush, and Clinton did not respond like George Washington would have if he had done this while he was president. Little do some people know, but George Washington had no tolerance for people unwilling to pay fees or taxes to the federal government and was willing to use military troops to enforce federal tax laws.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The ironic thing is Rand Paul fairly recently chastised the GOP for not reaching out to Blacks and other minorities and criticised the party for the very thing Bundy represents - THEN he turns around and cheers Bundy on - only to have Bundy exposed as White Supremacist type.

I swear, the GOP leadership just can't help themselves. They seem fated to shoot themselves in the foot.
LOL

There's a word for that - it's called STUPIDITY.

So I guess Rand Pauls' argument when he's called out for cheering this guy on is going to be "I'm not a racist, I'm just an idiot". Gotta hand it to him, that would be a UNIQUE campaign slogan (possibly one of the most honest).

Ken
Exactly right. Romney couldn't help alienating 47% of the American population with his remarks and McCain couldn't help picking Sarah Palin for vice president.
Sooner or later, the lipstick comes off the pig and the voters react accordingly.
Any of the republican poobahs that were patting Bundy on the ass, when he was limelighting, will surely come back to haunt them come primary time.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
Unlikely to end well for Bundy and his family. The more intense it gets with his 'militia' friends, the more likely he'll have any financial accounts frozen, and other who conduct business with him will have their account frozen as well. I'm sure there are dreams the subsequent citizen response will lead to revolution, but his gripe is not valid enough for more than a small minority of people to support him through something like that. Maybe he can slaughter his cattle and see how long he can live off the land before he or his 'militia' take the bait and snap, leading to violent confrontation, which he would inevitably lose.

He should just be glad Obama, Bush, and Clinton did not respond like George Washington would have if he had done this while he was president. Little do some people know, but George Washington had no tolerance for people unwilling to pay fees or taxes to the federal government and was willing to use military troops to enforce federal tax laws.

Yes but back then, it was agreed the people would not be paying tax directly to the centralized federal government. Tariffs were a big money generator, until we figured out how to make it here..

Old 04-24-2014, 09:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes but back then, it was agreed the people would not be paying tax directly to the centralized federal government. Tariffs were a big money generator, until we figured out how to make it here..
Not quite.
Whiskey Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-24-2014, 09:22 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The Republican party took Bundy to court???

Who new???
Who's new?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies