Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 06:46 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Liberals show their ignorance and stupidity in discussions on this issue, and many other issues.
Quote:
Amendment XXIV

Section 1.

The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.
Liberals seem to understand that there's a Constitutional Amendment protecting voters from having to pay ANYTHING from the privilege, unlike gun owners.

But do please keep telling us we're ignorant and stupid for understanding the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
really...show me

bet you cant
Bet I can.

Quote:
Amendment XXIV

Section 1.

The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I encourage you to revist the following post where I addressed your argument but you ignored:
I didnt ignore them, I'm still laughing at the fact that you didnt read them.

for example, 15th amendment
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude

Requiring ID to vote isnt abridging voting based upon race, color or servitude, they require EVERYONE to get one..

Should I go on and embarass you further by going to the 19th amendment? Yes, lets do so..
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.

They arent again requiring ID based upon sex.. EVERYONE needs one..

Do you understand how stupid your own quotes are now which say you are wrong?

Old 04-26-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
No thanks , it's common sense and if you can't figure that out then you have serious issues. I am asking YOU personally why is it so hard for one to obtain a voter ID .
Bwahahahahaha.

Faced with an enormous range of factual information proving you wrong, you … ignore it.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No, it is not the government's duty to make sure only citizens vote. It is the governments duty to not infringe on the rights of the citizens to vote. Voter suppression tactics (voter ID cards) fall under this category.
No they dont. The governments only responsibility is to not limit voting based upon limits established in the Constitutional amendments stated above. The Constitution doesnt list illegal citizens as a protected class, free to vote, thus its not a protected segment of society.

Furthermore, it left up to the states the standards established to meet the qualifications to vote, provided they dont infringe with the amendments.

Requiring an ID isnt listed as an item that isnt restricted, which is why the Supreme Court ruled that its ok to require one provided you didnt pay a tax to obtain it.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
I have to pay fees in order to obtain a firearm for self-defense which is a right. Not only do I pay fees but have to pass background checks , show identification, electronic fingerprints, 2 non family references explaining how I am suitable for a firearm, and health record check.

The right to bear arms, I have to go thru all that for a right. I have no problem with it , so why is a simple ID so hard to vote.
Please advise where in the Constitution it says that gun owners "shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax."

Thank you.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Bwahahahahaha.

Faced with an enormous range of factual information proving you wrong, you … ignore it.
none of the "studies" historian keeps posting, has a thing to do with the thread.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Please advise where in the Constitution it says that gun owners "shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax."

Thank you.
And then tell me how obtaining a free ID, is unreasonable. Where does the Constitution say that you should be able to show up and vote, immaterial of your citizen status and without proving who you are?

You dont see the stupdiity in your own argument?

Old 04-26-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
That would only apply if one was asking something unreasonable or out of the ordinary.
Showing a proper I.D. in 2014 is not akin to Crow Laws no matter how one/ACLU wants to spin it.

ACLU argument:
"More than 21 million Americans of voting age lack documentation that would satisfy these photo ID laws, and these Americans are disproportionately low income, minorities, elderly and disabled."

And example:

New laws disenfranchise voters like 84-year-old Ruthelle Frank, a plantif in an ACLU lawsuit against the state of Wisconsin. Frank, who has voted in every election since 1948, alleges the state violated her constitutional right to vote by requiring her to show a photo ID.

Frank does not have a government-issued ID or a birth certificate because she was born at home in the 1920s and acquiring the necessary paperwork to obtain an ID could cost her $200.

"While in some states the voter ID is provided free of charge, the supporting documents, the birth certificates, the marriage certificates, the passport can add up to significant costs, especially for low income people," Murphy says."

She has had 56 years to get adequate identification. Talk about disinterested in personal
accountability.
She was supposed to know for the last 56 years that Republicans would suddenly decide to demand something which had never been required before?

Such a silly argument. But entertaining.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:04 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
Bwahahahahaha.

You are just trolling and can not back up anything you say. Nobody has proven me wrong about anything.

The fact that you and the other poster can not tell me how it is so hard and difficult for one to get a voter ID laughable. So until then you are just a troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies