Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 04:48 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,408,934 times

Advertisements

what get me is, he never said anything about the NBA but they got their panties in a wad, he was talking about his **** kim k girl friend wantabee and her choice in after school partners

Old 04-30-2014, 05:13 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,210,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthfulRobot View Post
I'd say having a race baiting President is pretty substantial.
I'll take personal responsibility for my attitudes, viewpoints and statements. You can blame the President.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:52 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,512,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
I'm thankful my parents raised me to have common sense, street smarts and to not put myself into situations involving certain people.
Well good for you. The world keeps rotating on its axis. No one really cares if you actively segregate. I know I don't. I'm way too busy enjoying my life. Your mindset obviously shows something went wrong somewhere, but frankly who cares at the end of the day.

You still haven't explained to me about the self preservation bs.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:09 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,210,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I'm offended at the idea that people will glorify illegal behavior such as recording a conversation without consent and selling it to a media outlet to destroy someone's image. Don Sterling is an @ss, but that doesn't mean he loses his right to privacy (the conversation was recorded in his home where he assumed that he had privacy). Everyone has said something that they have regretted at some point, especially in their home.
When you combine it with his past housing discrimination and a stubborn refusal to apologize on his part, that should remove any sympathy for Sterling with common sense and decency and for doing what is right. Stiviano may be in legal hot water too, but that issue can be handled separately. The NBA commissioner acted responsibly.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:35 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,961,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
When you combine it with his past housing discrimination and a stubborn refusal to apologize on his part, that should remove any sympathy for Sterling with common sense and decency and for doing what is right. Stiviano may be in legal hot water too, but that issue can be handled separately. The NBA commissioner acted responsibly.
Sterling's ban wasn't based on housing issues so that's irrelevant. Silver never mentioned that in the press conference and said he acted on specific information (the audio tape) that was provided to him. I've never been a landlord on Sterling's level so I don't know what difficulties someone like that may face with race relations.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:04 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,777,685 times
I'm all for removing this guy and what not, but lets keep in mind, he stated these things in the privacy with a full expectation of privacy. This will be a huge legal mess and the NBA knows it.

Also, when do we get to keep other races on notice of this type of thing? There are now hundreds of thousands of rich black American business men, sports stars, athletes all across this land and we have given them a total pass on all racial attacks. And I'm not just talking against white people, but against Asians and Hispanic people as well. If black people are literally going to crucify this man for something he said in his own home, not publicly, then they should be very guarded with their racial comments going forward as well.

We elected a black president, this country is accepting of all races, we have equal opportunities and so on. It's time all races accept responsibilities for racial injustices. Not just white people!

Old 04-30-2014, 08:26 PM

56 posts, read 56,551 times
And these "blacks" have fed him for years! Bigot and a hypocrite, what a great combo...

Old 05-01-2014, 12:59 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,804,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
How could Sterling throw money around to cover up having federal charges brought against him? You are not making sense.
The NBA didn't say they were banning him because of that. You are backtracking and evading.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:15 AM

437 posts, read 548,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me1313 View Post
And these "blacks" have fed him for years! Bigot and a hypocrite, what a great combo...
He was already in the 1% before he bought the team. And all sports franchises have increased in % since the time he bought the team, whether it's the nfl, mlb, nhl, nba.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:27 AM

437 posts, read 548,670 times
And what's up with these players and coaches that don't even have anything to do with the clippers (mark jackson, steph curry, the whole league threatening to boycott, etc) acting like they're being opressed or something when they're getting paid millions and even sterling was letting them run the show. I kept hearing how cp3 pretty much was the gm and recruiter of the clippers...they fired a white guy to hire rivers, etc. This is what racism is now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies