Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 07:56 PM

13,458 posts, read 15,597,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
Well, she "rut" with me for three and a half years. Be jealous. BTW, she was better looking than that slob who set Sterling up.
Oh jealousy is the last thing that would come to mind.

Like I said, you harbor such contempt for black people, yet like sterling, it's all good when it comes to getting some. I just find that funny in an ironic sort of way. The reason why she disassociated herself from black people is probably due to the attitudes displayed here. I am mixed with just about everything including black, and I find no shame in it.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:02 PM

13,458 posts, read 15,597,394 times
Yup, that's the crowds I tend to see. Magic was correct..sports crosses lines.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:09 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,528,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Yup, that's the crowds I tend to see. Magic was correct..sports crosses lines.
See what you want, but the fact is: Blacks make up a small percentage of fans attending professional sporting events.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:12 PM

7,470 posts, read 7,060,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitegocubs View Post
I'm pretty sure the NBA can do whatever it wants within a pretty liberal range of parameters. He is a stain on the NBA now and the Clippers, finally a winning team, will be a joke for an entirely different reason. It also sends the message (however right or wrong) that even if you have money, you will be punished for repugnant beliefs.

I would be surprised if they don't pressure him to sell or even bring it to a vote of the other owners. At minimum, he will receive a hefty fine and a "suspension".
Bingo.

He's entitled to be a bigoted idiot within the bounds of the law, and others are entitled to punish him according for being a bigot idiot within the bounds of the law, even if that means he loses his team and has to disappear from the public spotlight.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences - it just means you can't be tossed in jail or otherwise made into a criminal for saying something unpopular. You can still be fired, pressured to resign, and rightfully mocked for your stupidity.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:54 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,237,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthfulRobot View Post
Racist witch hunt ongoing
Accountability is going on. He could have apologized right away, but chose the stubborn, arrogant route instead. He did this to himself.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:55 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,008,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences - it just means you can't be tossed in jail or otherwise made into a criminal for saying something unpopular. You can still be fired, pressured to resign, and rightfully mocked for your stupidity.
I agree and I feel like the consequences should be equal across the board. For example, if Sterling is banned from the NBA - any representative (player, coach, GM, etc) of the NBA from this point forward should also be banned.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:23 PM

10,189 posts, read 20,854,660 times
The irony is that some of the most racist media figures and athletes are the ones calling for his removal and acting most outraged...Shaq, Barkley, Sharpton, Snoop. Sterling should pilot a short bus with those four mouth-breathers on board and drive it off a cliff. Five less racist a-holes on the planet. Oh, and he should save a seat for his pig girlfriend who recorded him and sold it to TMZ.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 PM

9,834 posts, read 11,636,034 times
Who cares?
Him and most of the other Jim Crow era Racist will be dead soon anyway.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:49 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,237,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The irony is that some of the most racist media figures and athletes are the ones calling for his removal and acting most outraged...Shaq, Barkley, Sharpton, Snoop. Sterling should pilot a short bus with those four mouth-breathers on board and drive it off a cliff. Five less racist a-holes on the planet. Oh, and he should save a seat for his pig girlfriend who recorded him and sold it to TMZ.
Someone advocates the murder of five people on city data and thinks they can persuade us to their viewpoint. Only the most foolish of fools would be persuaded. Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Hope you don't have children is all I can say.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:52 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,008,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Someone advocates the murder of five people on city data and thinks they can persuade us to their viewpoint. Only the most foolish of fools would be persuaded. Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Hope you don't have children is all I can say.
Don't worry I called the police on Coolhand68.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies