Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 10:55 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,221,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthfulRobot View Post
When will the (Non-White) racist be held accountable?

Knicks' Larry Johnson calls for all-black basketball league - Washington Times
I am not familiar with that story, but did read it. You are basically saying one person is wrong and will be punished for it and another person was wrong and probably won't be. This may point to a possible inconsistency, but Sterling was still wrong regardless of how someone else was disciplined or not. I do disagree with Larry Johnson as there have also been some remarkably talented white players like Bill Walton, Larry Bird, Jerry West, Kevin McHale, Steve Nash, and John Stockton.

That remark was recent, so it would not surprise me if Larry Johnson receives some sort of discipline from the commissioner or ends up apologizing for the remark.

Last edited by chessgeek; 04-28-2014 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: Added some words.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:07 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,981,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post

That remark was recent, so it would not surprise me if Larry Johnson receives some sort of discipline from the commissioner or ends up apologizing for the remark.
I actually think Larry's comment was worse than Sterling's. Sterling didn't want his GF posting photos with blacks because of what his friends would think. Larry wants a return to segregation.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:13 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,394,754 times
The Clippers are losing corporate advertisers/sponsors left and right. Racism is bad for business.

I think it's just a matter of time before the NBA finds a way to force out Sterling, but they aren't exactly clean hands here since they've looked the other way for so long.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:17 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,355,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
See what you want, but the fact is: Blacks make up a small percentage of fans attending professional sporting events.
Well, of course they do. Blacks make up a small percentage of the population of the entire United States; 12.6%, according to the most recent census data. And, given the relatively lower income they make on average, they would constitute an even small percentage of audiences for expensive sporting events. According to ESPN analysts, the NBA has more African-American in its attendance base than other pro sports.

Yet for some reason, black people seem to rile up many of you posting here FAR beyond their actual influence on the country. Why would that be?

Old 04-28-2014, 11:21 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,040,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Who cares?
Him and most of the other Jim Crow era Racist will be dead soon anyway.
And then the modern day racists will be firmly in control?

Old 04-29-2014, 12:28 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,981,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthfulRobot View Post
Cuban: Ousting Donald Sterling 'slippery slope'
Cuban has obviously thought about this and he makes some good points. If Sterling is stripped of his team, how does the NBA treat the next player that makes a homophobic, racist or sexist remark? Surely a measly $20k fine won't cut it. Would they be willing to suspend a player for a year or two...or even kick them out of the league? Conveniently, Larry Johnson opened his mouth and gave them an opportunity to display the fairness of their new policy.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:19 AM

437 posts, read 549,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
I'm having fun listening to and watching who in the white media can pretend to be the most upset and outraged ...
I think they've brainwashed themselves into believing it. I can't see myself going that far out of my way to be outraged by all these race baiting issues they talk about it unless i really believed it. A lot of white people are completely ignorant about how race really is and just wanna buddy up with black racists cus blacks are cool now and the whites wanna be accepted by them any way they can.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I agree, I am so tired of hearing that all white people are racists, and this whole white guilt crap, yet black on white actual crimes are ignored. The constant hate speech coming from many black leaders are ignored, and white people are not allowed to say a single thing that could possibly be construed as race related or they are racists. Hell even trying to criticize something the President does puts a white guy under suspicion of being a racist. It has gotten out of hand, and needs to change.
Agreed but I don't think it ever will change. It's gotten so bad that white people that still do have common sense wont voice it out of fear that theyll lose their job, get killed, etc. Any white person with any kind of opinion on any issues involving a black person is automatically a racist unless they kiss up to the black person completely. And it doesn't even matter if you have a record of supporting controversial black figures 90% of the time, the minute you say something bad about the newest one you're a racist. It's not going to change because the young whites have this kind of thinking ingrained in them and it gets worse and worse. most whites now are so ignorant about race because of the media, hip hop, education, etc. not telling the truth. and they know that being even thought of as slightly racist is the worst thing you caN be(worse than a murderer, rapist, killer, etc) that they bend over backwards to try to prove they aren't racist, thus losing any common sense they could have had.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:28 AM

Another thing is that blacks accuse plenty of whites who watch and love the nba and hip hop racist too. But the real racists(blacks) would never ever think of watching a "white" sport or listening to white ish. How could you be a basketball fan but be hateful towards blacks at the same time. But these black political people will still swear to you that 80% of the fans are racist haters jealous of the black millionaires.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:59 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Well, of course they do. Blacks make up a small percentage of the population of the entire United States; 12.6%, according to the most recent census data. And, given the relatively lower income they make on average, they would constitute an even small percentage of audiences for expensive sporting events. According to ESPN analysts, the NBA has more African-American in its attendance base than other pro sports.

Yet for some reason, black people seem to rile up many of you posting here FAR beyond their actual influence on the country. Why would that be?
Because they create so much mayhem. And they're not 12.6 percent everywhere, check out any big city. Here in Philadelphia, they've made quite an impact ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies