Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 09:38 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times

Advertisements

Because European companies are withholding the drugs traditionally used in executions, these states keep experimenting with drugs that should not be used in executions. It's time for us as a country to demand that they halt executions if they are not going to be conducted in a humane manner.

Don't forget the Constitution protects against "cruel and unusual" punishment which is what occurred tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 09:39 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I'm surprised people are okay with the suffering? He should have had his nice meal and exited this world in peace imo. Troubling.
........and his victim should have died at a ripe, old age, in a comfortable bed, surrounded by loved ones....instead of frantically gasping for air, all alone, in a dirt grave.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:41 PM

I wonder how many of the people who are perfectly fine with what happened in Oklahoma tonight are also outraged by the Italian justice system's treatment of Amanda Knox... Because, look in the mirror people. This is not what a civilized country does. We have no standing to criticize Italy.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Back in the mid 70s when death penalty was coming back to life after being determined "unconstitutional", Gary Gilmore requested execution by firing squad. He got his wish. His last words were, "let's do it!"

Supposedly, Nike's inspiration for their slogan "Just Do It" was from Gary Gilmore's last words. SNL did a sketch on Gilmore. That was back when SNL was worth watching. Ol' Gary made quite a splash before political correctness killed America.
I'd say Gary Gilmore was lucky enough to get a choice, and he made the right one. Most of my early life the death penalty was deemed unconstitutional, but since they brought it back and started actually executing people, I've heard of several deaths by gas chamber and the electric chair, and one hanging in Nevada or Arizona or somewhere, though maybe that was the fat guy mentioned above who apparently did not get hanged. I have made it a policy never to do anything to get me in a position to choose, and not only for that reason. The idea of killing anyone is abhorrent to me unless I was protecting myself or my family. Even then, I'd suffer knowing I took a life. I don't know how people in the military ever come to terms with it.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
True, drowning to me isn't all that different than being buried alive. It's the idea of knowing you're dying and not being able to do anything about it that gets me. My friend died by falling off the fifth floor of a parking garage, and I can't get it out of my mind how incredibly long that fall must have felt to him knowing it was the end. I also think of those poor people jumping out of the World Trade Center rather than being consumed by fire. As much as I fear fire, I think I'd almost rather that than falling. Then again, those people chose to jump and it was an incredibly high fall, so hopefully that helped and what they say is actually true that people die before they hit the ground (pure speculation and doubtful to me).
I would have hopped.

I get what your saying though as I bolded. One reason I despise to fly. Have to at times but hate it. No control. Still looking for a plane I saw today too and said they found it maybe yet again.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:44 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I would have hopped.

I get what your saying though as I bolded. One reason I despise to fly. Have to at times but hate it. No control. Still looking for a plane I saw today too and said they found it maybe yet again.
Me too! No matter how often I'm told the risk of dying in a car crash far outweighs the risk of dying in a plane crash, at least I have some control in my own car.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Funny how so many pro-capital punishment people are both anti-Islam but are pro-Sharia law when it comes to justice.

Not accusing KUchief25 of anything (I don't know his position on Islam) but I've heard both "hang 'em RIGHT NOW and/or let the families kick the stool" and "kill the Muslim infidels" coming out of the same mouths enough times to see a pattern.
Justice is decided by the big paper. My opinion may be different but these clowns have their lawyers and appeals and get a fair trial..............something your buddies don't provide.

Your muslim heroes just cut their head off.

I say hang this one high. I say hang a lot of em high............after they get a fair trial and are convicted by a jury of their peers too though. This one was. You do sheet like this is reprehensible.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Me too! No matter how often I'm told the risk of dying in a car crash far outweighs the risk of dying in a plane crash, at least I have some control in my own car.
Exactly.............why I hate when my wife drives. My kids I'm teaching now.........look out........lol. Of course the odds of dying in a plane crash are low........very low.......but I/we have no control on what happens just would have to ride it out. Another reason I don't like my wife driving..........or flying......lol. Not that she's a bad driver but...........well I am out of the loop when some clown I see pulls out if I'm not in the big seat.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Justice is decided by the big paper. My opinion may be different but these clowns have their lawyers and appeals and get a fair trial..............something your buddies don't provide.

Your muslim heroes just cut their head off.

I say hang this one high. I say hang a lot of em high............after they get a fair trial and are convicted by a jury of their peers too though. This one was. You do sheet like this is reprehensible.
And what about the innocent ones who get executed anyway like Cameron Todd Willingham in Texas?

Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i was just wondering how he killed the people-- you know- the reason he is on death row. was he kind or did he give them a long slow drawn out death? did they beg for mercy? ever heard of karma? your moral outrage is wasted --God will not hear you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies