Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 07:25 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,488,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
There's no doubt that what Boko Haram committed is reprehensible and is an act of terrorism. However, what do people expect to accomplish with starting Twitter hashtags and social media campaigns? None of that is going to convince an extremist group in a remote region of Nigeria to return these innocent girls back their parents and community. What are people expecting? Do they want an arms invasion of Nigeria? It's funny because these same campaigns were started by the same people who decried US use of drones, which are part of intelligence they're calling for to help return these girls. In order to take down Boko Haram, there would have to be military intervention. The Nigerian government has already deemed itself incompetent in doing so. The only solution is for a foreign power to intervene, something lefties rage against constantly.
Send them $500 after they send me a check for $1000. Seriously, though. I question whether we ever get the returns we expect on our investment in time, effort, money, etc. We're the world's sugar daddy.

[rushing to the poor house]

Old 05-07-2014, 07:25 PM

452 posts, read 682,624 times
Anyone else notice how the media will not acknowledge that these are Muslims??? Or, they feel justified doing this under Sharia Law? I just CAN'T imagine why this is not being talked about.....

Old 05-07-2014, 07:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
There would just be 200 dead girls.
Uh; maybe 200 dead girls but many dead terrorists. Terrorist are bullies: they DON'T like to start stuff if they know they'll probably go down in death.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,388,627 times
Unless the girls are from Topeka, Kansas...nothing.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:40 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,687,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
Anyone else notice how the media will not acknowledge that these are Muslims??? Or, they feel justified doing this under Sharia Law? I just CAN'T imagine why this is not being talked about.....
The girls are Muslims.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:55 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,504,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Kill all terrorists.
Yep!

Old 05-07-2014, 09:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
The girls are Muslims.
Uh; not all of those kids are "Muslim", many are "Christian" and they all sound like smart cookies, NOT "hood rats".

Nigerians beg for help for kidnapped girls

The Chibok girls school is in the remote and sparsely populated northeastern region of the country, Africa's largest with a population of 170 million. Like all schools in Borno state, Chibok, an elite academy of both Muslim and Christian girls, had been closed because of increasingly deadly attacks by Boko Haram. It had reopened to allow final-year students to take exams.

"By Allah, I will sell them in the marketplace," he says in the video, in which he refers to the captives as his slaves. The video showed militants firing rifles in the air and crying, "Allahu akbar!" or "God is great."

Losers, those Boko Haram pigs.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:11 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,658,633 times
The U.S. and Great Britain are sending a small contingent of negotiators and hostage release experts. I think they're dreaming.

Today Boko Haram attacked a Nigerian town in which military personnel had been stationed and slaughtered over 150 people. They attacked the police station, and after the police fought them off, they bombed the roof of the station, killing all officers inside. They killed many civilians who fled from a marketplace to nearby stores; they torched the stores, burning people alive.

And we think this group will reason with negotiators? They'll sit down and talk? These are crazed terrorists who are as violent as they come---I can't see anything but military action against them succeeding.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:29 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,687,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The U.S. and Great Britain are sending a small contingent of negotiators and hostage release experts. I think they're dreaming.

Today Boko Haram attacked a Nigerian town in which military personnel had been stationed and slaughtered over 150 people. They attacked the police station, and after the police fought them off, they bombed the roof of the station, killing all officers inside. They killed many civilians who fled from a marketplace to nearby stores; they torched the stores, burning people alive.

And we think this group will reason with negotiators? They'll sit down and talk? These are crazed terrorists who are as violent as they come---I can't see anything but military action against them succeeding.
The leader is believed to be disarranged by experts. He has even proclaimed to be a "mad man." I don't find it hard to believe.

Is Boko Haram's Leader Dead? Insane? Neither? - YouTube

Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
There would just be 200 dead girls.
I doubt that. I bet they would have 2nd thought about there objective.

There were not that many that took them, at gun point.

It takes a good guy with a gun, to stop the bad guy with a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies