Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 07:13 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
These days it appears Russia is Gods Country.

Churches are protected from vulgar music video shoots. Homosexuals are put into their place. US whistleblowers protected from US goons. Superrich CEOs jailed. GMOs outlawed. Foul language penalized.

And once again: small orphaned children with disabilities are left to die of neglect, starvation, and all too often outright abuse, in bleak, remote orphanages and mental institutions throughout Putin's Russia.

Very moral behavior, that.

I'm not sure what "God" you worship who would view a country which allows such atrocities as "His", but it's not the God I know.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Good Lord - if churches here don't want music video shoots, then they simply forbid them. It's not like they're vulnerable in some way. And a homosexual's place is wherever he wants to be, out in society, with full rights. To suggest otherwise is simple ignorant bigotry.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:03 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,627,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
These days it appears Russia is Gods Country.

Churches are protected from vulgar music video shoots. Homosexuals are put into their place. US whistleblowers protected from US goons. Superrich CEOs jailed. GMOs outlawed. Foul language penalized.
And exactly which "place" do homosexuals belong in? I suppose with that ridiculous, narrow minded thinking the Russians believe Asian people, black people, etc, all have their own "place", too. You know, anybody but straight, white, blonde haired people.

Super rich CEO's jailed? If they are obtaining their wealth in some illegal way, then yes- that would be great. But from what I have read, the ones in Russia are getting jailed so the leadership can essentially steal their wealth and take it for themselves. So where is the morality in THAT?

And a whistle blower in Russia would disappear- no court hearing, they would be found dead somewhere. So I would not put them any higher than the US on that level- we both are terrible. I agree that Edward Snowden should not be in any trouble at all, because he exposed wrongdoings by the US government, so our government should be apologizing and changing its ways after that information was released- but instead he is a wanted man and our leadership is calling him a traitor. But to say Russia is on some moral high ground because they are protecting him is BS- the only reason they are protecting him is because the US is their enemy and so to them if Snowden is considered wanted here for releasing secret information, it is in their best interest to protect him by letting him stay there. Similar to what the US would do if a Russian whistle blower turned up here.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:01 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbye_hello View Post
Swearing off bad language: Russia bans cussing in films, books, music

Swearing off bad language: Russia bans cussing in films, books, music - CNN.com

No more Rap in Russia. How fortunate
Is this law actually going to be enforced, though?

Old 05-25-2014, 11:18 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
I hear the pro-Russian thugs in Eastern Ukraine have been destroying ballot boxes and preventing the civilians from voting.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I hear the pro-Russian thugs in Eastern Ukraine have been destroying ballot boxes and preventing the civilians from voting.
If that is taking place, then there are some severe problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies