Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 08:34 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,170,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Opposing homosexual behavior is not bigotry.
Actually it's the very definition of bigotry.

Not engaging in homosexual behavior yourself is not bigotry.

Telling other grown adults what to do because you personally don't like it-- That's bigotry. Especially when it's based on an attribute over which they have no control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 08:42 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,183,305 times
Obama!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:57 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,624,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Actually it's the very definition of bigotry.

Not engaging in homosexual behavior yourself is not bigotry.

Telling other grown adults what to do because you personally don't like it-- That's bigotry. Especially when it's based on an attribute over which they have no control.
That works both ways. Christians who have traditional views of marriage are being told they have to change how they think and act, but that's not treated as bigotry. It's justified because its treated as "intolerance of the intolerant," but it's really just an excuse for anti-Christian bigotry.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:01 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,022,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Religion, money and homosexuality aside, shouldn't we all be able to come together this one time and agree that less "reality" TV is better for everyone? I mean seriously, do we really need ANOTHER home flipper, renovation, crappy work showing, HGTV, DIY style show on the air?

I'm with you! Reality tv is nothing but a bunch of mind numbing crap!

Old 05-09-2014, 09:03 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,170,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
That works both ways. Christians who have traditional views of marriage are being told they have to change how they think and act, but that's not treated as bigotry. It's justified because its treated as "intolerance of the intolerant," but it's really just an excuse for anti-Christian bigotry.
I don't care if your a Christian bigot, Jewish bigot, or Muslim bigot. If you have traditional views on marriage that's fine-- Get a traditional marriage. Don't try to prescribe what I should do.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,626,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post

So, you hate the private sector deciding their own agenda...

Interesting.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:11 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,274,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Opposition to the immorality of homosexual acts is not bigotry. Opposition to immoral behavior is the right thing to do.
Even if I bought into the Get Out of Bigotry Free Card BS, I'd still like to know how you people handle other "immorality."

Do you speak out in public against people who commit other acts that you consider "immoral?"

I don't know what you've cherry-picked from your book, so I can't ask a specific question. But just for argument's sake, let's suppose you find divorce immoral. Do you support stripping divorced people of their civil rights and legal protections? Would you be upset if a TV station fired someone who also considers divorce "immoral," who got a divorce, or spoke out against divorce?

Or is it just this cherry-picked "immorality" that bothers you?

Or, wait -- there's one other option, knowing the anti-gay crowd. That's just different!

Old 05-09-2014, 09:13 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,274,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Meh, no one cares how you think or act. Just don't tell others how to think or act.

Of course I understand that in the religious right crowd, being told that others will now enjoy the same rights as you doconstitutes being "told how to think and act." They're kind of like toddlers that way. If everyone has to share -- Wahhhhhhh! I want my toys back!!!!!

Old 05-09-2014, 09:19 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,624,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I don't care if your a Christian bigot, Jewish bigot, or Muslim bigot. If you have traditional views on marriage that's fine-- Get a traditional marriage. Don't try to prescribe what I should do.
But you're OK with forcing people to compromise their religious freedom to accommodate gays.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:20 AM

14,916 posts, read 13,132,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I wonder if those brothers had been muslims what would have happened.
Exactly the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies