Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 04:12 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So, basically he said that core Al Qaeda has been decimated, but that they have gotten stronger.

I reiterate, Obama could stand over a fresh body with a smoking gun in his hand, and people would defend him.
Yeah, those people don't have a clue, unlike you and me. But they don't fact check stuff, either. When you read an article and the article says things that aren't even true, those people still try to defend the article.

Yeah. Seriously.

PS. Obama has killed kids and a US citizen without a trial. That does not make him a saint.
But, they were brown and probably Muslim.

I've seen this movie before.

You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 04:22 PM

88,992 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes Obama supporters made it clear that they will believe him no matter what. My favorite (funniest) is when Obama said "insurance would be cut by 3000% and their bosses could give them a raise because of Obamacare". Talk about love is blind... Obama supporters actually cheered. Obama had to be laughing his ass of at them.
My guess is that neither Obama nor his supporters knew how ridiculously false a statement that was. 2/3 of American adults are significantly undereducated, mathematically illiterate, and lack adequate critical thinking skills.

How do I know that?

Despite spending more than any other country on education, only 1/3 of all U.S. public high school graduates are educated to even a basic 12th-grade proficiency level in math and reading. Many, many adult Americans are mathematically illiterate and have little to no critical thinking skills. They're easy to "Gruber," as sad as that is.

Study: US Education Spending Tops Global List

NAEP - Mathematics and Reading

Old 02-13-2015, 04:38 PM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You and others really need to read Sharyl Attikinson's book "Stonewalled" as she exposes all the tactics government and large corporations use to keep both sides of the political spectrum in the dark;

Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama's Washington - Kindle edition by Sharyl Attkisson. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Needless to say she is far from a right wing political hack, as she has gone after the (R's) with just as much passion as she does with the (D's).
Another words, she takes her job seriously and does it with professionalism by not allowing her own personal perspectives to deter her from unearthing the facts/truth.

`
She had a falling out with her employer then her unsubstantiated claim that insinuated that the white house hacked her computer and spied on her, all around the time of her book release.

She may have been a decent reporter at one time but I have not seen any production lately, maybe she can surround some of her accusations with some facts. Maybe for openers she could tell us exactly what she knew about Benghazi that the prior 20 congressional hearings didn't disclose that would cause someone to hack into her computer since this was her claim a year ago.

She is looking more and more like a GOP tool showing up at the confirmation hearings (or non-confirmation) for Loretta Lynch.

I see that Trey Gowdy has resurrected the Benghazi hearings, you can never get enough.

Why resurrect a dead thread with nothing new?

Old 02-13-2015, 04:40 PM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Yeah, those people don't have a clue, unlike you and me. But they don't fact check stuff, either. When you read an article and the article says things that aren't even true, those people still try to defend the article.

Yeah. Seriously.

PS. Obama has killed kids and a US citizen without a trial. That does not make him a saint.
But, they were brown and probably Muslim.

I've seen this movie before.

You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!
Oh yeah you really get it what does any of your statement have to do with Benghazi, try to stay on topic.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:11 AM

16,575 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
She had a falling out with her employer then her unsubstantiated claim that insinuated that the white house hacked her computer and spied on her, all around the time of her book release.

She may have been a decent reporter at one time but I have not seen any production lately, maybe she can surround some of her accusations with some facts. Maybe for openers she could tell us exactly what she knew about Benghazi that the prior 20 congressional hearings didn't disclose that would cause someone to hack into her computer since this was her claim a year ago.

She is looking more and more like a GOP tool showing up at the confirmation hearings (or non-confirmation) for Loretta Lynch.

I see that Trey Gowdy has resurrected the Benghazi hearings, you can never get enough.

Why resurrect a dead thread with nothing new?
What you call "nothing new", I call a stunning revelation after having read her book.

A classic example would be where you dismiss the attack in Libya with the "20 congressional hearings didn't disclose" and "hack into her computer since this was her claim a year ago".
It should chill you to the bone what has recently happened to her, especially in light of everything that has come out with Snoden and Merkel.
She backs up her claims, and even CBS finally released a report showing the independent consultant they hired backed up the claims of the security expert she hired to show her computers were in fact hacked.

As to the new hearings, I really think you should read her book and decide for yourself. She describes in detail how we knew (as did other countries) there was going to be an attack, and little was done by us to prevent it. That alone is worthy of investigation because no ones heads have rolled. As a matter of fact, security was decreased despite requests for greater security. More importantly, we need to figure out what keeps going wrong with our top agencies like the CIA, FBI, NSA etc.
Heck remember how there were warning signs about 9/11 but the right hand didn't know what the left was doing?

Not only is Benghazi another example, but the Boston bombings stand out as an intelligence failure. We were warned twice by Russia that we had a potential problem, yet it was not acted upon despite supposed investigations by the FBI & CIA. Yet these same three letter organizations along with others want to spy on private American citizens every phone call and email to figure out if we are terrorists. They fell on their face just investigating those two Islamic brothers Russia warned us about. So what should make us think they can go through billions of mega data that ordinary citizens send every year. Why should we stand for such intrusions under the guise of security when they can't even stop known terrorists from attacking us?
This is not a (D) or (R) issue, it should concern every single one of us!

When you say she seems like a "GOP tool" I cannot tell if you are just trying to disparage her to discredit her findings, and thereby diminish those findings.
Remember she was a pitbull against the Bush administration, so I wonder if you thought she was a "tool" of the (D's) back then?

`

Old 02-27-2015, 06:06 PM

16,575 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Now that more info is finally coming out despite the Obama/Hillary attempt to delay and ultimately bury the truth, I'm sure the apologists will now attempt to say this is old news.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:18 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Now that more info is finally coming out despite the Obama/Hillary attempt to delay and ultimately bury the truth, I'm sure the apologists will now attempt to say this is old news.
It was obviously a terrorist attack from instant one. Denials from the government were obvious government speak. With the CIA involvement that was quite reasonable and what one would expect. See Eisenhower on Gary Powers.

If anyone in the whole world would have known of the conditions in Bengazi it was the Ambassador who chose to be there.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:53 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
O supporters are just following the command they have been given.

These supporters are like a cult, believe every freaken thing that comes out of the mouth of Obama and this lying deceitful administration.

And there ever list of excuses is getting funnier by the minute. Who cannot see thru to these stupid idiotic excuses made why I will never know.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:09 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,040 times
Quote:
No Obama will not resign but don't forget that the Ambassador was murdered by al-quaeda affiliates right as Obama was campaigning on "al-quaeda is on the run". Repeating "al-quaeda is on the run" over and over again on the campaign trail then right before election Americans are murdered didn't work for Obama at the time so they had to try to blame it on a video instead of a terrorist attack.
An even worse "screw up" by Obama and Hillary on the Benghazi attack is the fact that the Ambassador and other lives would have been saved had those members of the private security NOT BEEN TOLD TO STAND DOWN and do nothing...they put up with that order for 30 minutes then said..."Let's roll, orders or not" but they lost too much precious time to save those lives.

That's the real disaster, blame for which rests right on the shoulders/heads of BO and Hillary!

Old 02-28-2015, 05:12 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The GOP really needs to find a new issue to hang their hat on.... { sigh } They've wasted so much time and effort on an issue that nobody cares about in order to "catch" Obama in a scandal, a scandal that, again, nobody cares about, except for them.

The attack was tragic, but is it going to change anyone's vote? Nope....

Truth is, nobody cares about Benghazi, not as a voting issue, therefore, any "ah-ha's" by the GOP about Benghazi are going to be empty and hollow.....

Am I wrong?
I hope you are wrong. This kind of leadership will destroy America and all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies