Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 08:29 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How is it any different than when a woman is artificially inseminated with donor sperm because her mate is infertile? Should that be considered unnatural and sinful?
How do you argue something that is artificially inseminated, as being natural?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Is it not God that creates infertile straight people? Are they 'unnatural'?
Does it change the fact that only a man and a woman can create a child? Does that principle still not apply in other cases? Does your counter point in any way proves that a couple of the same sex can reproduce a child together without involving someone of the opposite sex?

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Very narrow definition. So all is good until someone gets arrested for their opinion ?
When that happens it will be too late to do anything about it.
Well you are also free to voice your opposition about a private business making a decision, but you come off as a hypocrite when right wingers champion private businesses to be able to make their own choices without the government or populous telling them what to do.

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
As right wingers would say on this site, only when the mob approves, and right now, the right wing mob does not approve of this private business decision.
They are all kowtowing to the court of public opinion.
This "private" decision is totally based on public perception and public opinion.

PC gone amuck if you ask me.

He committed no crime and I think he shouldn't be fined nor made to go to "diversity camp".

Freedom of Speech is something I defend.

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's it right there.Basically what we have is selective hate speech crimes in our culture.
I'd love to read one of these laws that make hate speech a crime. Could you link to one for me?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:30 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Yes it does. You want homosexuals to be defined the same as heterosexuals and we are stating that they are not equal. They have conditions that make them different than heterosexuals.
And?

When did sexual orientation and/or parenthood become THE defining characteristic of a person?

Is Michelangelo's work to be valued any less because he was thought to be gay?

Leonardo's?

Anyone's?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Nope. But I also don't like the actions of the thought police today approving what speech is acceptable or not, be it from the government, or a business.

It depends on what they did "wrong." All the player said was he thought it was gross. Big f***n' deal! Personally, I don't care if Michael Sam is gay or not. Whether or not he can play the game, is the ONLY thing that he should be judged on. If not, he'll be out of the league. Having said that I have no desire to supress someone elses opinion, such as this player's opinion whether I disagree with him or not.
Nor do I wish to suppress someone's opinion, I also don't want to suppress a business from deciding what to do with their employees if they feel the need to punish them for their actions. You being a libertarian should understand that.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well you are also free to voice your opposition about a private business making a decision, but you come off as a hypocrite when right wingers champion private businesses to be able to make their own choices without the government or populous telling them what to do.
Show me where I've done that ?

You are now equating an employee giving his opinion and getting fined by his employer to a business dealing with the government ?

I thought the left were for worker's rights ?
Or is that only when what the worker does agrees with the left agenda ?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:32 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
The guy tweeted "Horrible" and look what he's got to go through now..undisclosed fine and "diversity training".

That isn't going to change him. He'll just keep his opinions off social media.
That's what PC does, it controls what people say, kinda like censorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The reprecussions are not to "change" the way someone thinks. They are to change the way someone acts. Homophobia is illegal discrimination in public. Call gays horrible in your private quarters, but do not discriminate in a business environment.
Unless your words are taped, you might lose a basketball team.

Quote:
Probably because it got plastered all over the media and shoved in peoples' faces.
Nice way to "push" an issue.

His gayness seems to trump his football ability.

Apparently, there aren't many other 7th rounders being shown nationally,
or have many threads here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Does your counter point change the fact that it takes a man and a woman to create a child?

I didn't think so.
So you are sticking to your strawman argument that has been proven invalid.

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
They are all kowtowing to the court of public opinion.
This "private" decision is totally based on public perception and public opinion.

PC gone amuck if you ask me.

He committed no crime and I think he shouldn't be fined nor made to go to "diversity camp".

Freedom of Speech is something I defend.
Then you can hire him and not punish him if you so choose. His current employer made a decision based on their own rules. When you are his employer, you can make your decisions based on your rules as long as you are acting within the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies