Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 12:01 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hell, I don't particularly like his point of view in many areas and I voted for him...............................twice. I just liked the points of view of his opponents even less.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I agree with that, but the issue still stands that most Republicans are perfectly willing to accept and lock hands w/ the racists in their party to oppose Obama.
Uncle Tom Powell Stumps for Massah Bush

Old 05-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,123,288 times
colon polyp didnt get the memo, racism smacism is an exhausted term.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:04 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Why is the OP posting articles from 2012?
Because they will still be relevant in 2016.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:08 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, well put, and that was Powell's point. He said the senior leadership in GOP need to make sure it is not tolerated.
Leadership in the GOP already does this. When a GOP county chair made derogatory statements about black candidate Erika Harold, he was quickly forced to resign.
GOP leader steps down after rant on ex-Miss America

Contrast that to what happened after the statements by Danny Davis (D, Chicago). Nothing. Or the statements by a Dem activist that Tim Scott was a ventriloquist's dummy. Nothing.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:13 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,825,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Who gives a rat's behind what Powell thinks or says.

He is just another racist who voted for Barack HUSSEIN Obama only because of race !
He should come out of the Democrat closet.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:23 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Uncle Tom Powell Stumps for Massah Bush

Just because you want to pretend it's not racism, it is.
So you're saying that accusing Blacks of still being slaves to a White power structure is your definition of racism?

Herman Cain to Harry Belafonte: I Left the Plantation a Long Time Ago - YouTube

Allen West: I'm the Modern Day Harriet Tubman - YouTube

Pat Buchanan - Blacks Living on Liberal Plantation - Bashir Live - 09/29/2011 - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
We are not the party with a major hero who said that he looks "daggers" at interracial couples when he sees them on the street.
What major hero? Spike Lee is just a famous Black guy. Should we hold you to the statements that every famous White guy makes? Like Ted Nugent?

Quote:
We are not the party that elected a congress critter who explained why in US politics, blacks should lead blacks, whites should lead whites, and Hispanics should lead Hispanics. He said that growing up on the farm in Arkansas, he never saw turkeys leading chickens or vice versa. In case you don't know, I'm talking about Rep Danny Davis (D, Chicago).
Ignore the point he's making and focus on the fact that he used race in a way you don't feel comfortable with.

Quote:
We are not the party that got caught plotting to make false accusations of racism, a racist tactic in itself, since it predictably results in increased racial division.
No, but you are the party caught admitting that your voter ID strategy is to minimize how many Blacks turn out to vote. Texas Responds To Eric Holder's Lawsuit - Business Insider

Ohio GOP Admits Early Voting Cutbacks Are Racially Motivated | The Nation

Quote:
Not being telepathic, I won't venture to say whether most Democrats are racist or not. But clearly they tolerate racism in their ranks. And unlike you, I provide the evidence of it. You provided zero evidence for your claim.
Enough evidence for you?

Old 05-12-2014, 12:33 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So you're saying that accusing Blacks of still being slaves to a White power structure is your definition of racism?

Herman Cain to Harry Belafonte: I Left the Plantation a Long Time Ago - YouTube

Allen West: I'm the Modern Day Harriet Tubman - YouTube

Pat Buchanan - Blacks Living on Liberal Plantation - Bashir Live - 09/29/2011 - YouTube

What major hero? Spike Lee is just a famous Black guy. Should we hold you to the statements that every famous White guy makes? Like Ted Nugent?

Ignore the point he's making and focus on the fact that he used race in a way you don't feel comfortable with.

No, but you are the party caught admitting that your voter ID strategy is to minimize how many Blacks turn out to vote. Texas Responds To Eric Holder's Lawsuit - Business Insider

Ohio GOP Admits Early Voting Cutbacks Are Racially Motivated | The Nation

Enough evidence for you?
Why would I want to ignore the point Danny Davis was making? It was racist.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:38 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Why would I want to ignore the point Danny Davis was making? It was racist.
Explain. His point: White Democrats in Chicago are trying to consolidate their vote by having one White candidate. Black Democrats should do the same.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:41 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,745 times
I agree with Powell ... the GOP needs to change and it needs to become more welcoming towards minorities ESPECIALLY Hispanics. Is the GOP ignorant about what the nation's demographics will look like come 2040? If we don't change we are TOAST. We need to stop being the Stupid Party, the party that fears Spanish speaking brown people, the party that fears anyone under the age of 50, etc.

For instance, Lew Oliver's comments about Puerto Ricans probably cost the GOP any gains they might have made in central Florida during the upcoming midterm election. Stop being STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's almost like we (Republicans) want to be voted out of existence or something. The level of stupidity, ignorance, and fear is out of control within the ranks of the party leadership. And the ultra far right TEA Party clowns are not helping matters either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies