Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 06:55 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,027,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Are we really making this big of a deal over a 3.8 person difference? lol.
The US rate is almost 6 times the German rate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,056,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Do you not understand what "representative sample" means? You're cherry picking your data to build an outrageous theory... why not compare Germany to the entire state of Texas or the entire us? You guys are just hilarious in your ignorance. Lol
Not my data. I was simply pointing out your inability to understand rate versus whole numbers. Let's just call it my astonishment that you couldn't understand that simple concept. Here's some advice. If you want to try and act like someone else's intellectual superior, it's generally a good idea to understand the topic before doing so.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:00 PM

4,421 posts, read 6,278,658 times
Why was he entering someone's garage and rummaging through someone's possessions? I didn't know that was common practice in Germany. What did he think would happen? An invite into the kitchen for sauerkraut?

Old 05-14-2014, 08:51 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,417,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The cops, who were called when neighbours heard gunshots, followed by a door being kicked in. Odd that there are splinters in your shoes, but not those of your victims. Or that the damage indicates the door was kicked in by big shoes but the kid's are tiny.

Your plan needs work.

Interesting that you'd plan to kill someone then hide the evidence of your crime. So much for right wingers taking responsibility for their actions.
I am 5' 10" and wear a size 8 shoe.....really a little small for my height.......my husband's nephew is 16 and can't get my hunting boots on at all. (they run big)

Just who are you trying to fool???

Old 05-14-2014, 09:13 PM

46,381 posts, read 27,236,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
And how did this criminal open the allegedly closed door without touching it? Because there aren't any of his prints on the door either, yet in your statement you say it was closed. And why would you kick it in to confront these people if you were feeling threatened? Your story doesn't add up. We'd like you to come downtown with us and answer a few questions, you loser.

That was easy, and I don't know the first thing about crime-scene forensics.
I see you are not wiling to answer any of my questions...

So, let me ask you this....if you will answer...doubt you will but lets see..

I am going to a mall, I have a convertible, I leave the top down, keys in, however, I lock the door with my other set of keys....

Do you think you are able to take the car because the keys are in the ignition, top down...yet the car is locked?

Old 05-14-2014, 09:14 PM

16,913 posts, read 10,632,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Motion detectors in the DRIVEWAY.

We know Mr Kaarma planned this, because several days earlier he told a hairdresser all about his plans. And the hairdresser told the police..
That's called hearsay and might not be admitted if this goes to trial.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:25 PM

1,070 posts, read 741,992 times
"Not your data" lol. You picked it out of so many Texas cities to prove your point rotfl

Why didn't you pick comparing Houston or Dallas? Because they are many time more dangerous than German average and even than gun controlling New York City . That's why. Rotfl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Not my data. I was simply pointing out your inability to understand rate versus whole numbers. Let's just call it my astonishment that you couldn't understand that simple concept. Here's some advice. If you want to try and act like someone else's intellectual superior, it's generally a good idea to understand the topic before doing so.

Last edited by Rapaport; 05-14-2014 at 09:42 PM..

Old 05-14-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
"Not your data" lol. You picked it out of so many Texas cities to prove your point rotfl

Why didn't you pick comparing Houston or Dallas? Because they are many time more dangerous than German average and even than gun controlling New York City . That's why. Rotfl.
No, again, I wasn't the one that posted that data. I simply commented on your inability to understand the difference between a rate and a whole number.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:52 PM

1,070 posts, read 741,992 times
I never questioned the rates only pointed out that comparing crime rates for a single 270k city with the entire 80M country is statistically incorrect as the samples are incompatible. You can't just cherry pick your data in support of your theories. They don't teach that in Southern schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
No, again, I wasn't the one that posted that data. I simply commented on your inability to understand the difference between a rate and a whole number.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I never questioned the rates only pointed out that comparing crime rates for a single 270k city with the entire 80M country is statistically incorrect as the samples are incompatible. You can't just cherry pick your data in support of your theories. They don't teach that in Southern schools?
AGAIN, I did not post that data. Sheesh. But you obviously don't understand what a rate means. I'm done with you. I have no patience for willful ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies