Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 12:22 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times

Advertisements

It's about time someone noticed that illegal aliens aren't just "undocumented". That's when my son forgets to bring his homework to school. They are breaking the law. And breaking the law has consequences.

---------------------------------------------

Supreme Court Allows Nebraska City’s Illegal Aliens Housing Ban to Stand | Top Right News
Supreme Court Allows Nebraska City’s Illegal Aliens Housing Ban to Stand

May 8, 2014
by Brian Hayes

The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to review a lawsuit challenging a Nebraska city’s ordinance that bans renting homes to illegal aliens — a decision which could open the door to similar laws in many other cities.

Attorney Kris Kobach, who defended the Fremont, NE ordinance, said the Court’s decision gives a “bright green light” for other cities within the 8th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals that want to adopt such laws. The circuit includes Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, and the Dakotas.

“Today we achieved final victory on behalf of the citizens of Fremont, Nebraska,” said Kobach. “The ordinance…to stop employing and renting to illegal aliens was approved last year. Our victory in Court is complete. The ACLU has been defeated.”

The challenge was brought by the ACLU and Mexican American Legal Defense Fund (MALDEF).

The Fremont ordinance requires renters to get a $5 permit and swear that they have legal permission to live in the United States. The high court on Monday let stand an appeals court ruling that found the ordinance doesn’t discriminate against Latinos or interfere with federal immigration laws.

The number of Hispanics — mostly here illegally — has more than tripled in Fremont in just ten years, according to 2010 data. The resulting strain on social services mirrors damaging effects of illegal immigration across the country. In California, for example over 60 hospitals have closed in the past 10 years as a result of unpaid medical bills from illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 12:35 PM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
I agree and its why I say, this entire country and our government is criminal, or are criminals....we feel we're above the laws, and if you don't believe me, drive the speed limit, or watch how many people are talking on their phones or texting while driving....

it is pathetic....if you clean up crime everything else will clean it self up....

I remember one election years ago, when people started letting go of the slogan when voting, "character matters!" It should but it doesn't any longer....

Illegals are not just Mexicans, but EVERYONE in this country who are not citizens. Yes, Mexicans are a big part of the problem...what really really bothers me, is, you go to any other country and live there illegally, and give them the finger, and I bet you'll be in prison, but quick, and believe you me, those prisons are horrible places to go, no TV's, no college educations, just deep dark cold and damp caves....as it should be...if your a criminal you don't deserve to live a good life.
Our prisons are so plush in the fall around here, people living on the streets commit crimes just to go to prision for the winter months. A disgrace.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Awesome!

Old 05-13-2014, 12:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Can Holder and his DOJ act against the Supreme Court ?

Old 05-13-2014, 12:41 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:42 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Bravo!

Does that mean it only stands in those states under that district court?

Old 05-13-2014, 12:43 PM

Good and yes, Awesome, it is about time!!!!

Yanno, both the dems and repubs are responsible for this, truly...but Herman Caine wanted to take a stand against this....but they sabotaged him b/c of it....the illegals are they're votes....and what is even more pathetic,is the fact that they "CAN VOTE", how utterly pathetic?????

Old 05-13-2014, 12:45 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, he cannot.

Just as he cannot act against Congress when Congress passes a law.

Uh-oh.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:03 PM

I don't remember what President it was who announced that America was going to round up all the illegals, and deport them, fining them, or something and they all went home? Does anyone know who I'm speaking of?

Old 05-13-2014, 01:05 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
A renter must get a permit to rent? That is just a stupid idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies