Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 11:22 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And how do you propose we do that since no president has been able to do it. A fence won't work unless you want to electrify it and kill people.

I actually think a fence is not the way to go. If there were absolute enforcement of SEVERE fines placed against people who hire anyone but a U.S. citizen it would dry up the money supply. And absolutely no American citizenship just because you happen to conveniently be born here. No, nada, zip benefits for illegals. They would self deport if there was literally no way to financially survive. I may sound harsh but there is a generation of young people who are not going to make it because they are coming of age in a less than stellar economy and the less people they are competing with the better.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I actually think a fence is not the way to go. If there were absolute enforcement of SEVERE fines placed against people who hire anyone but a U.S. citizen it would dry up the money supply. And absolutely no American citizenship just because you happen to conveniently be born here. No, nada, zip benefits for illegals. They would self deport if there was literally no way to financially survive. I may sound harsh but there is a generation of young people who are not going to make it because they are coming of age in a less than stellar economy and the less people they are competing with the better.
Ah! the dog eat dog solution to society's challenges........got it.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:27 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I absolutely agree with you there but it's part of our constitution. I think it should be changed but it never will.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:30 PM

16,573 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Well, you could look at it this way; Most illegals are Mexican. If they are allowed to be citizens, they most likely would grab the chance to be citizens, they would pay taxes. And since many come from religious families, they would lean conservative or republican. So why worry? Why blame the Dems? Why blame anybody?
I would not care if every last one of them voted (R) or for the candidates I wanted to get elected. I would still say no way to granting amnesty to illegal aliens.

Far too many people are abiding by the law and waiting in line. Many of them are far more deserving and will bring greater skill sets/education that will help benefit this country today, and into the future. Heck I know a guy in Norway with a Masters degree who left after his student visa was to expire. He wants to get a job here and eventually become a citizen, but since he is unwilling to break our laws and stay here illegally, he likely will never be granted the chance.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Ah! the dog eat dog solution to society's challenges........got it.
No, I honestly believe that we have an obligation to citizens of this country first. When I was young I visited two Indian reservations. Some of the most poverty stricken areas you can imagine. There are people here, in our country that desperately need help. I can feel sorry for people from all over the world but surely we owe our own citizens a hand up first?

Old 05-23-2014, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I absolutely agree with you there but it's part of our constitution. I think it should be changed but it never will.
Sadly, no.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:48 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,748,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
And More illegals have been deported in 5 years than in the entire 8 years under President Bush. And yes, i mean in actual deportations and not just "turned away at the fence".
Deportation Numbers Unwrapped | Center for Immigration Studies

Liberals are so gullible for Christs sake. If Obama opens his mouth he's lying. When will you people accept that?

Old 05-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Back then we did not reward everyone coming with food stamps, WIC, free housing, Medicaid, free meals in schools and all the rest.

We're the only welfare nation in the world that also allows unlimited numbers of foreigners to come and get in on it. Just give birth to children they could never afford -- and they never have to worry about working for a living again.

But back to the question -- why do the democrats want all this immigration when Americans need jobs?
Illegals can not get food stamps, free housing, or medicaid. WIC, im not sure of. I will have to check on that one.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
The DREAM act is not for native-born citizens.
where did i mention native born citizens ?

Old 05-24-2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Deportation Numbers Unwrapped | Center for Immigration Studies

Liberals are so gullible for Christs sake. If Obama opens his mouth he's lying. When will you people accept that?
so what part of your post discredits anything I said ? you posted a link, but you did not point out anywhere that it disagree with my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies