Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 01:52 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,485,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My father votes straight Democrat. He has a job. The only persons you could say are giving him a hard time has nothing to do with the government, but people he might have to deal with daily.
Actually the only people that I know that fits Themoreyouknow or InformedConsent idealized embodiment of a what black person is don't vote and have never voted.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:53 PM

73,185 posts, read 62,892,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Who are you talking about? There aren't any liberal nut jobs in this thread. Has anyone in this thread accused you of this? which post? I read the entire thing and haven't seen it.
And furthermore, something else to look at. There is hypocrisy taking place too. Complaining about others accusing someone of being racist, but then turning around and making assumption about someone else based on their race/ethnicity. No one has make an accusation of racism, but there has been accusation of other things.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:54 PM

89,395 posts, read 45,120,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
You have nothing meaningful to add other than you smear Democrats at all costs.
You just don't like it when Democrats are exposed to be the hypocrites that they are.

Quote:
I vote strictly Democrat because I despise the GOP platform.
Then you're just as guilty as the Democrat politicians who insist on keeping Blacks and Hispanics trapped in their abysmally performing and highly segregated public schools, and therefore as dumb and poor as possible.

That's on you. Are you proud of yourself for that?

Old 05-29-2014, 01:56 PM

73,185 posts, read 62,892,994 times
Quote:
Actually the only people that I know that fits Themoreyouknow or InformedConsent idealized embodiment of a what black person is don't vote and have never voted.
Or, said persons might not be public about their political views. I am meeting more Black people who are becoming independents as far as politics goes, persons who don't agree with either side.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I have voted for democrats before and I am not oppressed either. No existing policy currently oppresses me, or my family members, or my friends, or my acquaintances, etc.
Others aren't so lucky. Won't you please think about them? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'll spell it out for you. Democrats oppose school vouchers at the K-12 level to keep Blacks and Hispanics dumb and poor. However, they tacitly approve vouchers (Pell Grants, etc., going to private school students) at the post-secondary level because Blacks and Hispanics are unable to function and are therefore severely underrepresented at that level of education.

College Readiness Rates by Race/Ethnicity:

African American: 5%
American Indian: 10%
Asian 43%
Hispanic : 14%
Pacific Islander: 19%
White: 33%
The Condition of College & Career Readiness 2013 | ACT College Readiness Benchmarks by Race/Ethnicity | ACT
Quote:
...by voting Democrat you're deliberately choosing to educationally and therefore socioeconomically oppress millions of Black and Hispanic children who eventually grow up to become socioeconomically oppressed adults.

Statistic after statistic after statistic doesn't lie. For the academic achievement facts to be as bad as they are, you'd have to either believe Blacks and Hispanics are significantly cognitively inferior to others (they're not), or acknowledge what many of us already know... Democrats deliberately oppress them by insisting they remain trapped in their abysmally performing public schools. Democrats keep as many of them as dumb and poor as possible to guarantee a rather large voter base at the bottom.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,303,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You think that doesn't happen on a daily basis? I'm a straight white conservative male, you liberal nut jobs make assumptions about me all the time. You automatically claim I'm fat, racist, live in a basement, racist, poor, racist, redneck, racist and a Fox News viewer... none of that applies to me but it doesn't stop you guys from making ignorant assumptions about me.
Meh...I don't know about all that.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,303,770 times
Quote:
I have voted for democrats before and I am not oppressed either. No existing policy currently oppresses me, or my family members, or my friends, or my acquaintances, etc.
Same here.

I've yet to meet a white man that can oppress me.

I don't know who these blacks are that are being oppressed.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Same here.

I've yet to meet a white man that can oppress me.

I don't know who these blacks are that are being oppressed.
Blind to actual education data and statistics, are you? How convenient.

I posted the data and statistics. It's your choice to ignore them, and betray minority children. That's on you.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:15 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,071,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...I don't know about all that.
You don't know a whole lot apparently but that's no big surprise to anyone.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:17 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,071,036 times
Quote:
Blind to actual education data and statistics, are you? How convenient.

I posted the data and statistics. It's your choice to ignore them, and betray minority children. That's on you.
Since when have black men given a damn about minority children? If black men cared about minority children we wouldn't be dealing with half of the issues we talk about here daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies