Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:40 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The majority of Americans have reported that the Affordable Care Act has had little effect on their personal situations since Gallup first asked this question in early 2012. In more recent months, after the exchange-based enrollment opened up, Americans have gradually become more likely to indicate that the law has had an effect -- both positive and negative. The current 24% who say the law has hurt them is by one percentage point the highest measured, while the 14% who say the law has helped them is also within one point of being the highest measured on that dimension. In all instances, across seven different surveys, Americans have been at least marginally more likely to say the law has hurt them and their families than to say it has helped them.
Link: Few Americans Say Healthcare Law Has Helped Them

More evidence that this monstrosity needs to be repealed. Will the tone-deaf liberals ever get the message? Doubtful - they're too pigheaded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 06:43 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
I know a few wealthy people on Medicaid now......they love it!!!

Please keep Obamacare.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:06 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

Please keep Obamacare.
We need to means test all of these government programs. That includes Social Security, so long as younger people like me are given an opt out. It'll never happen though. The politicians don't trust people to run their own finances, especially when they can use entitlements to buy votes.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:12 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:

Please keep Obamacare.
Now, don't you know all people are honest and would NEVER play the system.....

Ohhh wait....................

"Millionaire" Welfare Fraud Couple Caught: Police | NBC 6 South Florida

Millionaires receive billions in federal ‘welfare,’ Coburn says - 2chambers - The Washington Post

Old 05-30-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Really they did not have to play it this time.

The questions were all about income......not wealth.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:15 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Really they did not have to play it this time.

The questions were all about income......not wealth.

I understand, and it was not a shot at you. But people are going to play the system...if they can...

Old 05-30-2014, 07:17 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
They need to be careful with their assets. The government can seize them to reimburse for total Medicaid benefits received after the recipient's death.

Little-known aspect of Medicaid now causing people to avoid coverage - The Washington Post

Old 05-30-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I understand, and it was not a shot at you. But people are going to play the system...if they can...
I agree.

This law was just very poorly written.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:19 AM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Gallup: More Americans Say They Have Been Hurt By Obamacare than Helped By It.
Of course they have! That's a duh moment if ever there were one. Name one time in history when slavery has benefited anyone besides the overlords?

Old 05-30-2014, 07:29 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Few Americans Say Healthcare Law Has Helped Them

More evidence that this monstrosity needs to be repealed. Will the tone-deaf liberals ever get the message? Doubtful - they're too pigheaded.
I don't know. I try to be fair and balance while posting. Although I am right leaning.

I believe 80% of the USA population is unaffected by the ACA (either because they are covered by employer or government health care). The real battlefield is on the individual market and medicaid expansion.

What drives me crazy is when the left tries to minimize how many millions are being hurt by the ACA. The left tries to say 10 plus million "benefit" from the ACA (whether through subsidies or medicaid expansion or keeping young adults on parents plans).

Yet they minimize that a "few" or "small amount" of people are hurt by the ACA. If they told the truth and just flat out said, "we expect 1 million who had insurance to be priced out and another 2-4 million who currently are on the individual market to pay much much more than in 2013, often times with no subsidies). I'd be fine with that and work from there.

It's just that the left refuses to acknowledge this. And even the few on these boards who do acknowledge some people are paying more, think someone making 100K a year is well off and can afford those premiums.

News flash liberals. You are asking people who already had major comprehensive individual coverage to pay COBRA type of prices that don't necessary cover things those individuals want or need.

Why do you think so many Americans who leave their jobs don't pay for COBRA? Because of the price. That's why. And you don't care or realize that the exchange insurances are essentially COBRA pricing, sometimes even more than COBRA pricing. Which is crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies