Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 11:00 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,045,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Blastocysts and embryos are not individuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Is the baby capable of life outside the womb? Yes? It shouldn't be legal to abort, for any reason. No? It should be legal to abort, for any reason.

Hope that clears it up for you.

It's much better than your "logic". The law has no business telling a prospective mother what to do with her body up until the baby is capable of life outside the womb. Any small government conservative should agree with me.

Far-right religious "conservatives" will not, but then, they're not really conservatives.
So a baby only magically becomes a baby and gets rights after it's born? Then what was it before? Why do we punish a criminal who kills a pregnant woman with two murders instead of one? Why are those born premature still capable of living full lives, even though you would not consider them to be alive at that time? How can people who are already born support abortion? That's so hypocritical!

Pro-Life is actually the small Government stance, because the other side is using Big Government to take away the God given Rights of others. It was Big Government that denied blacks freedom, and it is Big Government that denies babies their freedoms.

I am Pro Life for Life, one cannot say Pro ''Choice'' for life as that is an oxymoron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 11:05 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,776,958 times
imagine if they actually had this test. gays would begin to die out.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,362,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
imagine if they actually had this test. gays would begin to die out.
How do you figure? Lots of mothers would opt to continue a "gay" pregnancy.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM

1,013 posts, read 913,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I'll rephrase the question, if we somehow found a gay gene and it could be spotted in childbirth, and people wanted to kill the baby via abortion because of it having the gay gene, would you support it? (I am asking for self described liberals/Progressives to answer).

How can liberals claim to believe in gay rights when they would support denying them of their God given Right to Life through the selective murder of gay people in the womb? Pro Life conservatives like myself are actually more supportive of gay rights than liberals as we actually believe they have a right to life like everyone else.

For the record, I am proudly pro life and while I do disagree with the gay lifestyle and do not believe in a gay gene, I would never support the brutal killing of anyone, in the womb or otherwise.
there is actually a way to detect it.
the so called gay gene.

this has been researched by some scientists already: the golden ratio of index and ring finger
you see men naturally have longer ring fingers
while women naturally have longer index fingers
why is that?
testosterone levels so to speak.

you see when you get boy with a longer index than ring finger
that person has less testosterone levels from birth or their mom
usually a longer ring finger gives better athletic ability.
but of course this is not absolute

Finger Length Predicts Health and Behavior | DiscoverMagazine.com

wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio

as you can see palmistry might actually be real.
luckily I found that I have a ring finger longer than
index.

http://fingerlengthdigitratio.wordpress.com/

besides palmistry was used to look at health issues with the hands back then as well. seems pretty accurate actually.

you never know

but don't be prejudice to them
you need to factor in other things.

it could mean that the woman is a bit more tom boyish
or the guy is more feminine doesn't mean they are gay/lesbian

this just increases the likely hood of them being either gay or lesbians based on hormone levels.
but this is what the gay+ lesbian communities wanted so here is some supporting claims to them.

there are other factors to play as well.
the finger ratio just means aggressiveness/testosterone levels

Last edited by gen811; 05-31-2014 at 11:38 AM..

Old 05-31-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
the so called gay gene.

this has been researched by some scientists already: the golden ratio of index and ring finger
why is that?

index.

besides palmistry was used to look at health issues with the hands back then as well. seems pretty accurate actually.

you never know

this just increases the likely hood of them being either gay or lesbians based on hormone levels.
but this is what the gay+ lesbian communities wanted so here is some supporting claims to them.
That is all junk science and none of it is proven. Unless you can show undeniable proof that people are born gay than it's just speculation with flawed research studies done by special interest groups. People like to believe it, people even like to say it, it makes it easier to justify and it's Politically Strategic, but that doesn't make it true.

Regardless, I don't really care. This thread is not about that. It's about the hypocrisy among ''Progressives'' and how they claim tossupport gay rights but would actually deny them of their rights.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:18 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,448,987 times
The hypocrisy is all in your head. If you're too fueled by your dislike for "progressives" to see that, there's no helping you.

I'm a small government conservative, therefore, I don't think I should be able to tell a woman to carry a baby that she doesn't want. Period.

You're all about big government imposing your morals on everyone. We will never agree on this, regardless of the "gay gene" false dichotomy that you're trying to assert.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The hypocrisy is all in your head. If you're too fueled by your dislike for "progressives" to see that, there's no helping you.

I'm a small government conservative, therefore, I don't think I should be able to tell a woman to carry a baby that she doesn't want. Period.

You're all about big government imposing your morals on everyone. We will never agree on this, regardless of the "gay gene" false dichotomy that you're trying to assert.
Stop dancing around the question and just answer it. You're fine with babies being killed for any reason, than you cannot truly believe intthe rights of others. The Right to Life is Fundamental.

Like I said earlier, Pro Life is the Small Government Stance because it has been Big Government that has stripped the God given Right to Life of a baby. You cannot believe in small Government and be ''Pro Choice'', as there is no choice for that Baby.

If I told you that I have a time machine and I can send you back into a womb that was going to be aborted, would you take my offer? No obviously not. Why? Because you know it's murder, deep down you do. You would choose to live, what gives you the ''right'' to forcefully choose what happens to that baby? Nothing but the Big Government that has taken that baby's right to live away.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:39 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,441,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Medical decisions are between the patient and their doctor. The rest of America doesn't get a vote every time a decision is made in their lives...or yours.

I would find it horrifying personally if a baby was aborted because of an undesirable characteristic of such little consequence. Anything from homosexuality, to being left handed, having red hair, or having brown eyes.
Millions of females are aborted worldwide. The gender disparity in India and China is at a tipping point.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:41 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,448,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Stop dancing around the question and just answer it. You're fine with babies being killed for any reason, than you cannot truly believe intthe rights of others. The Right to Life is Fundamental.

Like I said earlier, Pro Life is the Small Government Stance because it has been Big Government that has stripped the God given Right to Life of a baby. You cannot believe in small Government and be ''Pro Choice'', as there is no choice for that Baby.

If I told you that I have a time machine and I can send you back into a womb that was going to be aborted, would you take my offer? No obviously not. Why? Because you know it's murder, deep down you do. You would choose to live, what gives you the ''right'' to forcefully choose what happens to that baby? Nothing but the Big Government that has taken that baby's right to live away.

I'm not dancing around the question. I've answered it. Twice. We simply disagree.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,362,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
the so called gay gene.

why is that?

wiki:

Digit ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

index.

Finger length & DIGIT RATIO hand news! | The 2D:4D DIGIT RATIO = INDEX FINGER LENGTH vs. RING FINGER LENGTH

you never know

there are other factors to play as well.
the finger ratio just means aggressiveness/testosterone levels
They do? You mean I've been a dude all along? Who knew?
I'll try writing my name in the snow next winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies