Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 01:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Translation: Christians like pork and shellfish, therefore, they can remove the restrictions laid out in the Bible regarding dietary prohibitions as no longer being relevant. But fundamentalist Christians still hate gays, so they'll keep those passages in force as God's infallible word, thank you very much. For now, at least. Some day in the future, when homosexuality is no longer an issue (i.e., once the old fundamentalists die off), if Christianity is still around there will "no longer be any prohibitions" on being gay either.

Seems like God's infallible words aren't so infallible after all. In other words, "God's Word" is whatever suits the desired ends.
So, am I allowed to eat a gay person or not??

Some clarification is in order.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:26 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So, am I allowed to eat a gay person or not??

Some clarification is in order.
I will make it clear. you are canadian. your stamps don't work here. guess that knocked you off your "high horse." you are like a fanboy. it's sad.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:28 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,565,213 times
This controversy made me laugh. These old people are dying off and their hatred is dying with them. It's only a matter of time before the younger folks in with these people realize they are on the wrong side of history. It's clearly happening as polls indicate. It's the same as folks who wouldn't get a stamp featuring an african-american. hate is hate and it kills. No need to waste time arguing with them.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:29 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
I think the ACA is butthurt that Dan White didn't get a stamp.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I will make it clear. you are canadian. your stamps don't work here. guess that knocked you off your "high horse." you are like a fanboy. it's sad.
You're adorable.

Don't like my posts? Don't read 'em. Seems simple enough.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:44 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
For those who hate gays based on "Christian beliefs," I'm left to wonder: which Christian beliefs?

1) The moral lessons Jesus preached: You know, love your neighbor, don't be a judgmental busy-body, and remove the plank in your own eye before worrying about the speck in your neighbor's eye? Because Jesus didn't care about people's sexual preferences - heck, he forgave at least one prostitute, and he never said, "Love thy neighbor, unless he's gay / black / gentile / etc."

2) The hundreds of laws in the Old Testament: Yeah, homosexuality is condemned as a sin there that deserves death... as is eating shellfish, not being a virgin on your wedding night (women only, of course!) and talking back to your parents or elders, working on the Sabbath, and so on. If one truly is going to call upon "faith" and "Christianity" to defend condemnation of gays, than doesn't one have to follow ALL the Old Testament laws? After all, I've heard soooo many times that people can't "pick and choose" which parts of the Bible to follow, but oddly I see no shortage of "good Christians" blasting gays and coming a step short of calling for their extermination who have no problem wearing mixed fabrics, eating at Red Lobster, and working on Sundays. Funny how that works.

Summary: There is no consistent Christian viewpoint that condemns gays for the way they are. Either you follow the teaching of Jesus and stop worrying about what other people are doing in their love lives, or you basically turn your back on Jesus's teachings - and thus are no longer Christian - and follow a slew of laws that only applied to the high priests of a long-dead tribe - laws that proscribe death for an absurd number of things. Anything in between is simply picking and choosing which parts of the Bible to follow to try to warp a religion into supporting one's own bias and bigotry.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I will make it clear. you are canadian. your stamps don't work here. .
Actually they do if the stamps are on letters or packages mailed from Canada. Those letters will be delivered by the USPS.

But with your apparent unhappiness with Canadians you might want to let your letter carrier know you won't be accepting letters with Canadian stamps. p.s. Don't watch the movie "ARGO". The Canadians are the heroes.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:56 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I demand they keep their perverted lifestyle in their bedroom and out of the public square and schools.
Oh no! He's making demands. Pardon me while I quake in fear.
No one gives a damn about your demands.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I hate people who insist on trying to shove this perversion in my face and pass it off as normal.
A stamp is shoving perversion in your face?

It's a stamp. If you hate people for what they put on a letter...... you're carrying around a lot of hate.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:28 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,565,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A stamp is shoving perversion in your face?

It's a stamp. If you hate people for what they put on a letter...... you're carrying around a lot of hate.
Yep, it's amazing how his God hates all the same things he hates. Very convenient!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies