Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 08:27 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"Many of Bergdahl's fellow troops -- from the seven or so who knew him best in his squad, to the larger group that comprised the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division -- told CNN that they signed nondisclosure agreements agreeing to never share any information about Bergdahl's disappearance and the efforts to recapture him."

Getting stranger by the day on this one.
To complete the quote from the CNN referenced article above:

"Some [fellow soldiers] were willing to dismiss that document in hopes that the truth would come out about a soldier who they now fear is being hailed as a hero, while the men who lost their lives looking for him are ignored."

Is signing a nondisclosure agreement commonly requested of soldiers, Former Military people? I've read many books, seen movies and observed Medal of Honor winners discussing openly rescuing fellow soldiers with no nondisclosure agreement apparent for those stories. Very weird.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:29 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
But that's OK. Obama only needs to follow the law when it's convenient.

"Given the acute urgency of the health condition of Sgt. Bergdahl and given the president's constitutional responsibilities, it was determined that it was necessary and appropriate not to adhere to the 30-day notification requirements because it would have potentially meant that the opportunity to get Sgt. Bergdahl would have been lost," Rice said on CNN.

Read more: Bergdahl bumps VA from spotlight | TheHill
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Old 06-02-2014, 08:30 AM

741 posts, read 764,404 times
Quote:
How many more Americans will be captured now that the terrorists know Obama will
negotiate with them? How many terrorist acts will occur with these terrorists
released?
The same questions were raised when Ronald Reagan set the example, precident ... for placating terrorists

Old 06-02-2014, 08:42 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"Many of Bergdahl's fellow troops -- from the seven or so who knew him best in his squad, to the larger group that comprised the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division -- told CNN that they signed nondisclosure agreements agreeing to never share any information about Bergdahl's disappearance and the efforts to recapture him."

Getting stranger by the day on this one.
I wonder if this is standard practice regarding troops who go MIA?

That being said, I have personally heard some disturbing stuff from friends who were serving in that area of Afghanistan at the time of Bergdahl's "coming into contact" with the Taliban. My friends are convinced that he willingly deserted to the enemy, not turned while in captivity ... outright deserted.

Why would an enemy who is normally not known for keeping prisoners alive (for more than a few hours much less FIVE YEARS) keep Bergdahl alive all this time? I cannot think of anyone else captured by the Taliban who was not executed on the spot (ie: Navy SEAL Petty Officer 1st Class Neil Roberts).

Old 06-02-2014, 08:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Negotiating with known terrorist.
Releasing prisoners of war, without congress approval.
Congress doesn't have to approve. They just had to be notified legally.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
To complete the quote from the CNN referenced article above:

"Some [fellow soldiers] were willing to dismiss that document in hopes that the truth would come out about a soldier who they now fear is being hailed as a hero, while the men who lost their lives looking for him are ignored."

Is signing a nondisclosure agreement commonly requested of soldiers, Former Military people? I've read many books, seen movies and observed Medal of Honor winners discussing openly rescuing fellow soldiers with no nondisclosure agreement apparent for those stories. Very weird.
They don't want the word out that the guy abandoned his post apparently and that soldiers died trying to find him. I believe the guys in his unit who knew him and what happened not what the DC liar crew is spitting out.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:00 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What false religion. The Jewish don't believe that jesus was the son of god. Does that make their religion false. No of course not.
John 14 verse 6
"I am the way and the truth and the life"
No one shall go to heaven to be in the presence of God unless they have been washed with the blood of the lamb Jesus Christ.Yes all the other world religions are false self serving cults.
Sgt.Bergdhal salvation came from God's great mercy I only pray his heart is with Jesus not with a false prophet of a untrue religion.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:02 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I wonder if this is standard practice regarding troops who go MIA?

That being said, I have personally heard some disturbing stuff from friends who were serving in that area of Afghanistan at the time of Bergdahl's "coming into contact" with the Taliban. My friends are convinced that he willingly deserted to the enemy, not turned while in captivity ... outright deserted.

Why would an enemy who is normally not known for keeping prisoners alive (for more than a few hours much less FIVE YEARS) keep Bergdahl alive all this time? I cannot think of anyone else captured by the Taliban who was not executed on the spot (ie: Navy SEAL Petty Officer 1st Class Neil Roberts).
This from the article too..............

"At least six soldiers were killed in subsequent searches for Bergdahl, and many soldiers in his platoon said attacks seemed to increase against the United States in Paktika Province in the days and weeks following his disappearance."

Coincidence? Then you got the stuff his dad is blabbing. This is just all too weird. And Obama doesn't even tell congress what is going on to start with and said this Saturday........"The Qatari government has given us assurances that it will put in place measures to protect our national security."

So Qatar is now protecting our national security? I thought that was Obama's job? These guys they let go weren't just some foot soldiers they were commanders who slaughtered folks. They will be right back on the front ASAP looking to kill more US troops.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Negotiating with known terrorist. Releasing prisoners of war, without congress approval.
Hundreds of them have been released since 2004 without getting anything in return. Where was the outrage about not going to congress?

Old 06-02-2014, 09:05 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Kind of like Reagan did when he exchanged arms and antitank missiles for 7 Americans?

You must not have lived through the Reagan administration if you think Obama set a precedent here. He didn't.
It's wrong either way...if you don't like that Reagan did it, how can you be ok with Obama doing the same thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies