Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 07:34 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Bergdahl also complained about fellow soldiers. The battalion commander was a “conceited old fool,” he said, and the only “decent” sergeants, planning to leave the platoon “as soon as they can,” told the privates — Bergdahl then among them — “to do the same.”
“I am ashamed to be an American. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools,” he concluded. “I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting.”

The bizarre tale of America’s last known POW | New York Post

Old 06-02-2014, 07:37 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Because, of course, no soldier in the history of military service has ever complained about anything. Ever.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:38 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I have not read the entire thread, but Bergdahl, Sr. is one squirrelly dude. Speaking in Farsi, or whatever language it was, at the White House? I think is whole release is going to get even smellier than it already is. The father seems to be a sympathizer who probably influenced his son in a negative way.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
The operative word here is 'appears'. Until you have evidence, what 'appears' is just opinion.
We have the law and we know Obama did not follow it. Nixon was never convicted of anything either.

Quote:
Despite the GOP's best and on-going efforts, they've got nothing on the President. There's no scandal, no smoking-gun. And y'all have cried wolf so many times now that he probably could get away with a whole lot more than he's ever indicates he wants to.
Y'all is your problem. You are incapable of understanding that people can see something that may not be right and can point it out without "supporting" the other side. I refused to vote for McCain because of his attacks on our rights and being for war anywhere and everywhere. I didn't vote for Romney after he took up the position that we should have more troops in Iraq, not less.

We have a law that States the president must inform, I'll restate that, must inform congress, not get their approval but inform that before releasing prisoners. He said screw that, laws don't apply to me.

Quote:
In six years, we've heard repeatedly that he's broken this law and that, has all sorts of nefarious plots on tap, and is an 'imperial president'. Yet what have the GOP brought to fruition? Nothing.
And you won't find me making every excuse.in the book up for them.

Quote:
They certainly aren't going to try to impeach him...not after they paid the political cost of the Clinton show. He has less than 2 years in office to go. So they'll hoot 'n' holler and call this a crime and that a scandal and do their darnedest to keep him in check. And he'll go around them because they can't lead, won't follow, and aren't bright enough to get out of their own way let alone his.
I have never argued for them to.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:47 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Seems to me that many in this thread are extremely quick to judge Bergdahl.

Let's see how this develops before calling for a lynching.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:56 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wish I would rep you for this post. I'm been voting a decade longer than you, and occasionally I've voted for GOP, and I, too, have never ever seen such a level of irrational hatred, disrespect and name calling of our national leaders.
Ha! And never have I seen such sheep like dummy loyalty to an Admin before. This Admin can do no wrong to you people. We have up terrorists for a possible traitor. Meanwhile, a non traitor sits u helped in a Mexico jail.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:59 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wish I would rep you for this post. I'm been voting a decade longer than you, and occasionally I've voted for GOP, and I, too, have never ever seen such a level of irrational hatred, disrespect and name calling of our national leaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Seems to me that many in this thread are extremely quick to judge Bergdahl.

Let's see how this develops before calling for a lynching.
There have been numerous military members that spoke ill of this guy and called him a deserter. The only people who haven't are his family. He better be tried for treason or anything similar.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:00 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They should be ashamed of themselves. Now they even hate service men if their survival might reflect positively on Obama.
The fact that you and your radical left wing friends here don't see anything wrong with negotiating with terrorists for the release of a deserter, and giving up 5 of the the most dangerous terrorists in Gitmo, shows that you have blinders on. There is nothing this president could do that would be wrong in your eyes. We conservatives often criticize the GOP as well as liberals. How many more Americans will be captured now that the terrorists know Obama will negotiate with them? How many terrorist acts will occur with these terrorists released? How much life will be breathed into their activities with this great victory over Obama.
Did Obama really think he would get political points for this? He is either an idiot or is an accomplice.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:10 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Ha! And never have I seen such sheep like dummy loyalty to an Admin before. This Admin can do no wrong to you people. We have up terrorists for a possible traitor. Meanwhile, a non traitor sits u helped in a Mexico jail.
The guy sitting in Mexico is a veteran who broke laws in Mexico which isn't the same thing as being an active duty personal as Bergdahl was when he was taken prisoner. As for him being a traitor, I'll wait for the court marshal to decide if he is or isn't because other than rumor, none of us out here in cyberspace are in a position to make that kind of judgement. That's not "being a dummy loyal to the administration" that's being a fair-minded American who believes in the leave-no-man-behind promise to our military families---alive, dead, hero or deserter alike. Quit wetting your pants and learn some patience over this. If the guy is/was a deserter he will get his day and punishment in court.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:10 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Default Did Obama trade terrorists to free Bergdahl a DESERTER ?

Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero - CNN.com

Will the truth really be known, if so Obama should be held accountable for the US military lives lost looking for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies