Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 10:43 PM

369 posts, read 392,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The US Constitution says, I don't have to comply with crap.
It says keep your filthy corrupt hands off my weapons. All my weapons.
PERIOD.

They disarm you, because our government is in fear of your freedom & liberties. They are no longer intent on securing and keeping them for you. Their intent today, is mass control, or you will be punished.
LOL Well that's all well and good, but the BATF doesn't see it that way. "If" you want to continue to own that AK, you won't willingly build it in a prohibited form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
The meth lab loophole also needs to be closed.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:02 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
LOL Well that's all well and good, but the BATF doesn't see it that way. "If" you want to continue to own that AK, you won't willingly build it in a prohibited form.
Or maybe the ATF could reopen the machine gun registry and stop burn men, women and children alive over a $200 tax they could not pay.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:17 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
BS.

The receiver that was imported has a serial number and it is recorded. The importer has to submit to ATF all the serial numbers of the receivers he imports.

Completely traceable.

MJ is full of ****.

Does the ATF have any idea once the parts are imported into US into which Ak-47 or clone a particular receiver goes? It doesn't do much good to be able to identify the particular receiver after the gun has done the damage it can. Usually after the nut behind the trigger has either killed himself or police have done it.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:40 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
The real tragedy here, is that the dude cut the gun in half at the end...

{ but it WAS an Egyptian AK, so not that big of a loss I guess}

Old 06-04-2014, 11:56 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The real tragedy here, is that the dude cut the gun in half at the end...

{ but it WAS an Egyptian AK, so not that big of a loss I guess}
Could have trade it for sliver, it is legal..

Old 06-05-2014, 06:35 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
This Loophole needs to be closed. Great way for a criminal or a mental case to get a rifle.

I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones

"You didn't build that."

Old 06-05-2014, 07:25 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Take for instance the fact that drugs are illegal. How hard is it to get drugs? After all they are illegal and should be impossible to get right? Because they are illegal, everyone should abide by the rules and you should never see an illegal drug anywhere. Yet, they are practically on every street corner.

Now, with your (hopefully) answer in mind, has making drugs illegal made the whole "drug scene" better or worse? So, would there be any more or less drug use based on legality? I think the answer is, "perhaps at bit." But not much. If someone wants to do drugs, they are going to do drugs.

Now, as for guns, do you honestly think that making guns illegal is going to keep guns out of the hands of people who really want them? And going on the assumption that a criminal does not care if something is legal or illegal (he wouldn't be a criminal if he did), will that change his mindset about guns? So, will he suddenly say, "Gee, I was going to off my neighbor tomorrow, but now that guns are illegal, I guess I won't do it. I wouldn't want to break the law."?

The bottom line is that there are so many guns floating around, you will never get rid of them any more than you will get rid of cars or smartphones. It's a waste of your time to even entertain the idea, just as it was a waste of everybody's time in 1919 when prohibition was getting underway. Nobody gave a damn whether booze was illegal or not. They did it anyway and it became an ongoing joke for over ten years. Not only that, it allowed the criminal element to make an absolute FORTUNE on illegal booze and buy off most politicians that tried to stop them. Al Capone loved people like you. You made him rich.

This gun control thing is a dead end waste of time, effort, and money. You cannot legislate sanity on the part of those who are insane enough to kill. They will find a way, legal or not.
Where did i say i want to make guns illegal?

Old 06-05-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You very clearly stated you wanted to close loop holes...what does that mean...more laws....

I am a responsible gun owner....what does that have to do with what gangs acquire?

No, what we see is a person complaining, claiming that all the gangs have all thees weapons and noting to back up anything.

No, there is no database and there is no way to prove that gangs don't have these 80% lowers.

Now, where is your proof they DO have them?

Some here know what people such as you really want, the ONLY way you are going to restrict 80% lowers is to impose more laws on gun owners that the gang banger just don't care about. That's what you don't want to face....
Just apply common sense is all you have to do.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So because we will not give up our rights to appease people who will not stop until the 2nd Amendment exist in name only we are trash?

Because we draw a line in the sand and will hold the line, we are trash?

"When you refuse to budge then "someone" else will step in and do what your really dont like" I think that mind set and the failure, and theft, and rape, and mass murder it produces in more enough to stand fast against any and all infringements.

There you go again. I never said gun owners are trash. just some are and you very well know that. Go bback and read the posts and get up to speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies