Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 04:22 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some people seem to be under the impression that the problems disappear if it is legalized.

Homegrown is the bomb.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Problems like this would disappear:

Texas deputy dies performing no-knock, no-announce SWAT raid for marijuana | Police State USA

The police tried to charge the homeowner with capital murder for fatally shooting the deputy who broke into his home. A grand jury rightly disagreed and dismissed the murder charge.

This is going to be a problem for cops in the future. People are going to start shooting cops busting down their doors and the cops are going to start killing everyone inside before anything makes sense. At the point, the illegal door knocking will cease because it will be a war at the discretion of local, state or federal government..

Old 06-07-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I saw a television show on people addicted to it and harder drugs moving to Colorado to work in the marijuana industry. All I can say is they are welcome to them. It shouldn't take long for it to look like Seattle with young potheads everywhere.
People addicted to Marijuana???

Some might be psychologically but never physiologically. You can stop cold turkey with less trouble than giving up coffee.

Would you rather have potheads, crackheads or meth addicts?

I am willing to bet your vision of young potheads everywhere is a bit exaggerated.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The idea of not criminalizing someone for consuming it, and wasting taxpayer's money on a failed war on a plant brought to us by special interests spewing a bunch of BS propaganda, because they feared loss of profits is good enough for me. Will there be problems? I suppose, because nothing is really 100% harmless. However; plenty of people smoke regularly with no serious issues. A lot of it depends on the individual, as well as the strain, and how it's consumed. At any rate, legalization, and NOT decriminalization will significantly reduce the black market around cannabis, because it will be legal to cultivate, and distribute obviously with provisions that I imagine would be similar to tobacco and alcohol. With only decriminalizing it and the fact that while it is only legal in certain states on the state level, and not on a federal level, you've still got the black market in play.

What does this mean exactly? Who are the special interest groups and what propaganda are they spewing that you perceive to be BS?

Old 06-07-2014, 04:42 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
There is nothing good about marijuana. I smoked it as a high schooler, especially during my junior year. I went from being a student who was transfixed by 10th grade geometry and got straight A's to a student who got C's and D's in physics in 11th grade. Fortunately I could not afford to smoke as much as I wanted, and by age 18 I realized the folly of it and quit it completely. I wish I had that year back; I learned too late the value of physics.

Another guy I know was not so lucky. He tested at genius level as a kid, but became a big time pot head, and now has major problems with memory. At one time I would have fully supported legalization. It's your life, your body, your mind your decision. But not anymore under Obamacare wherein it is my bill. Excellent post, OP.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
There is nothing good about marijuana. I smoked it as a high schooler, especially during my junior year. I went from being a student who was transfixed by 10th grade geometry and got straight A's to a student who got C's and D's in physics in 11th grade. Fortunately I could not afford to smoke as much as I wanted, and by age 18 I realized the folly of it and quit it completely. I wish I had that year back; I learned too late the value of physics.

Another guy I know was not so lucky. He tested at genius level as a kid, but became a big time pot head, and now has major problems with memory. At one time I would have fully supported legalization. It's your life, your body, your mind your decision. But not anymore under Obamacare wherein it is my bill. Excellent post, OP.
Sounds like a personal problem.
I continued to get straight As, then went on to rack up two university degrees.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Sounds like a personal problem.
I continued to get straight As, then went on to rack up two university degrees.

What were your degrees in? I'm betting not math, science, or engineering. Certainly a degree in art history or sociology would be doable while high on mj.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
What were your degrees in? I'm betting not math, science, or engineering. Certainly a degree in art history or sociology would be doable while high on mj.
A degree in Psychology and then a degree in nursing.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:50 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,287 times
Doesn't smoking marijuana weaken a person's resolve?

I mean, like, for instance, if a person resolved to stop smoking marijuana, wouldn't smoking marijuana weaken that resolve to quit smoking marijuana?

Old 06-07-2014, 05:56 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
People addicted to Marijuana???

Some might be psychologically but never physiologically. You can stop cold turkey with less trouble than giving up coffee.

Would you rather have potheads, crackheads or meth addicts?

I am willing to bet your vision of young potheads everywhere is a bit exaggerated.
I know people who wont even go on a vacation out of town, because they would not have access to pot. Yes, they are addicted, and spend more money on pot than they can afford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies