Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
I would even go so far as to doubt that you know what the word satire means.
It's in the address of that link, btw.
Who Cares! Somebody said it! By the end of the day when we repeat it all over the forums, it will be as good as true and Issa will convene another hearing focusing on the gas card scandal and the imminent impeachment of President Obama..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
I just received a very disturbing email, if it has any truth to it at all. I would never have believe it, but at the bottom it says "Snopes says its true." So I looked it up on Snopes and that says it is "false."
Then what's the issue?
Quote:
Remembering that BO and crew did give out thousands of "free" cell phones and all the rest of the crap for illegals and lots more that should never have happened, I have to wonder if there is something to this that has not been reported or that this article is based upon.

Here's the link to the Snopes page.

snopes.com: Government Opening Free Gas Stations in Poor Neighborhoods

If this proves to be true in any form, then Obama has to go immediately...whatever charges and avenues it takes. Actually he should have been gone long ago for all the stuff we know he has really done.

It says in bold letters: FALSE

FYI

Carry on.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:10 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
What is sad is that the right wing contributors fall for these satirical pieces time after time. Gullibility and ignorance go hand in hand.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:13 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The source of this information is a satire website.

BTW, there is no such thing as an Obama phone.

" Free phones" for low income people have been around for decades. First it was land lines and then, as the cost of cell phones became reasonable, it was expanded to low functioning cells phones in 2008, before Obama was elected. It's paid for by a tax on most phone bills.

It's been a huge windfall for those companies that provide the service.
Very true......the "free phone" has been available.

It just got to be "Obamaphones" because he expanded the program and put money into advertising it.

Now it is a little line item on all of our phone bills.......those of us who pay.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:17 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,504,361 times
Quote:
I just received a very disturbing email, if it has any truth to it at all. I would never have believe it, but at the bottom it says "Snopes says its true." So I looked it up on Snopes and that says it is "false."

Remembering that BO and crew did give out thousands of "free" cell phones and all the rest of the crap for illegals and lots more that should never have happened, I have to wonder if there is something to this that has not been reported or that this article is based upon.

If this proves to be true in any form, then Obama has to go immediately...whatever charges and avenues it takes. Actually he should have been gone long ago for all the stuff we know he has really done.
Yeah, this if this fake story were true, he would need kicked out. Forget about the drone strikes, continuation of illegal wars, lack of action after NSA revelations, etc....

I would trade all of the above for something as stupid, but painless as free gas stations for poor people. Yeah, it is a waste of money, and I think it is a stupid idea. It sounds completely false on it's face the idea is so dumb... but at least with wasting money that way instead of those listed above, the government is not killing non-combatant civilians and violating civil rights domestically and abroad.

Of course, this all has little to do with Obama. He is a lap-dog figure head for the establishment in big government. (Just like Bush, Clinton, etc... Romney would have been the same.) He is there to absorb the criticism while corporations and politicians work hand in hand to loot this nation.

The federal government needs to be scaled back massively, almost to nothing. It needs to be the night-watchman that it was intended to be. And it will happen... the federal government owes more than the worlds entire GDP in unfunded liabilities. We have 3 options. We can scale back the federal government massively, dissolve the federal government, or ride it until it collapses.

Changing out the mannequin in the White House doesn't change a thing. If these gas stations were a real thing, the would have been introduced under Romney had he won the election. Just doesn't matter.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:20 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
You people believe the most idiotic things.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What is sad is that the right wing contributors fall for these satirical pieces time after time. Gullibility and ignorance go hand in hand.
Blind hatred makes one an idiot. Listening to hate radio tends to have that effect on some.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:

Add the following to your "rules to live by"

when start a sentance with "I just received a very disturbing email"

Stop right there and dont say anything else. because everything else will just be nonsense.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Just to be clear, you checked this out, found it to be false, but decided to post it anyway? Why? To get the rumor out there, knowing that there are enough imbeciles who will take it and disseminate it without bothering to mention that it's satire?

And of course, it has the added benefit of allowing you to bash Obama for something he didn't do, which is the usual MO of most Conservatives here.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:31 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Blind hatred makes one an idiot. Listening to hate radio tends to have that effect on some.

just to be perfectly clear, I have yet to find something about Obama (besides he cannot be president again after this term ends) that I like.

i dont believe this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies