Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 12:17 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times

Advertisements

Also a good synopsis of the email affair...

Thousands of missing emails at IRS: What's it all about?*-*Los Angeles Times

The LA Times is trying to be constructive...and is therefore anathema to the right.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The appearance is not good, I agree.

But, before we proceed with impeaching a president for using the IRS against his enemies, lets get to something more than appearances ......like facts.
I haven't called for impeachment. An acknowledgement that the current administration isn't very trustworthy is proper though.

We both agree that what went on here looks bad and what does the administration want to do about it? Stonewall and ignore.

Quote:
Unless, I misunderstood the evidence the only emails that have disappeared are Lois Lerners. Well other than the 4000 crashes some of whom lost data that's unretrievable under their system.
So as you understand it more than Lerner's emails have dissapeared.

Quote:
The alleged 6 others.........the testimony was that they are still reviewing those and they don't believe any data was lost despite hard drive crashes.
Just turn the hard drives over. I'm sure there are many who can check them in a much more timely fashion.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:26 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

The LA Times is trying to be constructive...and is therefore anathema to the right.
Anathema to the right? No comprendo dude. IMO the LAT knows full well the IRS is up to no good and is cautiously sticking it's toes in the water to see what bites. I wonder if they've been reprimanded by the DOJ yet.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:

Fairly objective summary.

The question is who could investigate independently at this point? The sanity of anyone who volunteered at this point would be in question. Still maybe someone will show up.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:

One would think that a paper that pretends to be as respected as the LATimes would get their facts right wouldn't you?

Lerner, fired from the agency last year

She was never fired. She retired.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Fairly objective summary.
But factually lacking.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I haven't called for impeachment. An acknowledgement that the current administration isn't very trustworthy is proper though.

We both agree that what went on here looks bad and what does the administration want to do about it? Stonewall and ignore.

So as you understand it more than Lerner's emails have dissapeared.

Just turn the hard drives over. I'm sure there are many who can check them in a much more timely fashion.

Congress could have requested the hard drives a year ago. Congress has had the email stating there was a hard drive crash and loss of data on Lois Lerners computer since last fall. Obviously, they didn't think it was a big deal? If this is such a big deal, why didn't Congress make the American public aware of it when they became aware of it last fall?

Yes I misstated emails of 4000 employees may or may not have been lost due to sloppy IT at IRS. However, so far of the employees involved around Lois Lerner there is no testimony that emails have been lost other than hers.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Congress could have requested the hard drives a year ago. Congress has had the email stating there was a hard drive crash and loss of data on Lois Lerners computer since last fall. Obviously, they didn't think it was a big deal? If this is such a big deal, why didn't Congress make the American public aware of it when they became aware of it last fall?
Have a link to this? Until recently the position of the IRS was that they would turn over every single email.

Quote:
Yes I misstated emails of 4000 employees may or may not have been lost due to sloppy IT at IRS. However, so far of the employees involved around Lois Lerner there is no testimony that emails have been lost other than hers.
But yet they are not turned over?

Old 06-25-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
One would think that a paper that pretends to be as respected as the LATimes would get their facts right wouldn't you?

Lerner, fired from the agency last year

She was never fired. She retired.
She retired after they requested her resignation. When she refused they put her on admin leave. while they prepared to fire her. She retired before they completed the process of firing her.

Same difference she retired when she found out she was going to be fired.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Have a link to this? Until recently the position of the IRS was that they would turn over every single email.

But yet they are not turned over?
I do not have a link. It was in the testimony of the IRS Commisioner Monday night towards the end.....during the last 30 minutes I believe. None of the Congressmen challenged or contradicted him, so I am guessing they had it. I don't think the written testimony is available yet. You would have to find and watch a video of the testimony or you can see it when the written testimony comes online.

They have 200 people working on turning over the emails. Obviously, its not that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies