Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 03:21 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
IRS Statement
At the request of the Senate Finance Committee, the IRS today provided a summary of its production of email and materials to the Committee related to the processing and review of applications for tax-exempt status, as described in the May 2013 report by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. The IRS has made unprecedented efforts in connection with this effort, producing more than 750,000 pages of documents to help complete the investigations. In total, the IRS’s efforts to respond to Congress have involved more than 250 IRS employees working more than 120,000 hours at a direct cost of nearly $10 million.
As we advised the committee three months ago, we have completed the production of materials related to the investigation, including 11,000 emails sent or received by Lois Lerner.
Since then, at the request of other Congressional committees, the IRS has been working on the identification and production of other Lois Lerner emails. The additional emails do not relate to the Finance Committee’s investigation. As part of this additional search, the IRS collected emails from 83 individuals. Congressional investigators have – or will soon have – a total of 67,000 emails sent or received by Ms. Lerner. In the course of collecting and producing Ms. Lerner’s additional emails, the IRS determined her hard drive crashed in 2011. At the time, Ms. Lerner asked IRS IT professionals to restore her hard drive, but they were unable to do so. Nonetheless, the IRS has or will produce 24,000 Lerner emails from this 2009-2011 time period, largely from the files of the other 82 individuals. The IRS’s production to Congress of the 67,000 Lerner emails is nearly complete.
The IRS is committed to working with Congress. The IRS has remained focused on being thorough and responding as quickly as possible to the wide-ranging requests from Congress while taking steps to protect underlying taxpayer information.

Let me just state the obvious for anyone who believes this. Emails are not stored on your computer. They are stored on servers. Servers that are back up and backed up and backed up. Do they really think we are just stupid and are going to believe this?! What they said is impossible.

This is watergate folks. Cover up. You do not lose emails due to computer crash, end of story.

IRS: Those Lois Lerner emails you wanted? Yeah, her computer crashed, so… « Hot Air

Old 06-13-2014, 03:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Yes, emails are stored on servers. Then they have RAID servers that duplicate the server for backup. Do we really believe that government wouldn't have a backup system in place. To claim otherwise is admitting total incompetence but believe me, they have a backup system.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:27 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,748,793 times
Nothing to see here move on.. Nothing happened.. It's a kangaroo court..

I can't wait to read the sheepels replies to this one..

No backup? RAID-5 didn't rebuild? Lmao!!!

Old 06-13-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Nothing to see here move on.. Nothing happened.. It's a kangaroo court..

I can't wait to read the sheepels replies to this one..

No backup? RAID-5 didn't rebuild? Lmao!!!
I havent' been keeping up but do you believe that government wouldn't have a backup? Really?

Old 06-13-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes, emails are stored on servers. Then they have RAID servers that duplicate the server for backup. Do we really believe that government wouldn't have a backup system in place. To claim otherwise is admitting total incompetence but believe me, they have a backup system.
There is no way they dont have back up systems. And they would not be searching her pc for emails anyways. What happens on her pc is meaningless when servers exist. If my crappy company I work for has managed to not lose me 10000 plus emails in 7 years, there is zero chance the IRS did.

I swear to .... I want to see one liberal come here and claim they believe this. This scandal just got bigger. People need to be going to prison.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:39 PM

Issa Statement on Lois Lerner's Deleted IRS Emails | Committee on Oversight & Government Reform

Quote:
“Isn’t it convenient for the Obama Administration that the IRS now says it has suddenly realized it lost Lois Lerner’s emails requested by Congress and promised by Commissioner John Koskinen? Do they really expect the American people to believe that, after having withheld these emails for a year, they’re just now realizing the most critical time period is missing? Congressional oversight has revealed that the IRS has –potentially illegally– shared confidential taxpayer information with the FBI and lost crucial email records even as the agency continues to withhold information by not fully complying with the Committee’s subpoena. Left to the IRS’ own preferences, the White House would still be retelling the lie that this was all about mismanagement confined to a local office. The supposed loss of Lerner’s emails further blows a hole in the credibility of claims that the IRS is complying with Congressional requests and their repeated assurances that they’re working to get to the truth. If there wasn’t nefarious conduct that went much higher than Lois Lerner in the IRS targeting scandal, why are they playing these games?”

They better get more serious than just calling this playing games. This is criminal and akin to watergate. If you or I was involved in something like this the Feds would have already obtained anything they wanted from the servers. Yet the IRS gets special treatment. When you are under investigation, it should not be up to you to turn things over. Someone should come in and get what they are looking for.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Issa Statement on Lois Lerner's Deleted IRS Emails | Committee on Oversight & Government Reform

They better get more serious than just calling this playing games. This is criminal and akin to watergate. If you or I was involved in something like this the Feds would have already obtained anything they wanted from the servers. Yet the IRS gets special treatment. When you are under investigation, it should not be up to you to turn things over. Someone should come in and get what they are looking for.
If you or I were involved and they smelled money they wouldn't lose anything.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:41 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,707,417 times
Next time I get audited, I'm going to claim that I lost all of my paperwork. After all, since they used the excuse they have to accept it, right?

Old 06-13-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Next time I get audited, I'm going to claim that I lost all of my paperwork. After all, since they used the excuse they have to accept it, right?
Yea, lets see if that works for you lol. Tell them they have copies on the same server as Lerner.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:45 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Let me just state the obvious for anyone who believes this. Emails are not stored on your computer. They are stored on servers. Servers that are back up and backed up and backed up. Do they really think we are just stupid and are going to believe this?! What they said is impossible.

This is watergate folks. Cover up. You do not lose emails due to computer crash, end of story.

IRS: Those Lois Lerner emails you wanted? Yeah, her computer crashed, so… « Hot Air
Ah Yes - the old "Dog ate my homework" that the 3rd grader attempts to pass off.

Do they think we are stupid enough???
That depends on the "we" they are talking about. Democrats and Obama cultists will absolutely believe it. Nobody else is going to buy it, but it won't matter ..... the cover up continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies