Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 01:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,818,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Our founding fathers disagreed on lots of things, and came together via consensus. It is hard to believe the same disagreements would not have occurred, had they even been able to envison these weapons, or 100 other recent inventions..all of which seemed eons beyond the scope of mankind 238 years ago.

Its humorous watching folks act like they always sang in unison from the get go.
It's humorous to hear anti-gun activists base their arguments that our founding fathers couldn't envision progress. After all, it was only a couple hundred years earlier that a long bow and sword were the state of the art in weaponry.

Again, as was pointed out, private entities owned war ships and cannon. So if they didn't intend citizens to have access to such weapons, they would have made it clear.

Before another idiot asks "so we should have nuclear and chemical weapons then?"

Gun rights advocates aren't asking for weapons of mass destruction, and not even full auto (though they are legal with proper licensing) no, we are just saying to stop trying to take rights away based on silly misconceptions and your own unfounded personal fears.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:33 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,019,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It's humorous to hear anti-gun activists base their arguments that our founding fathers couldn't envision progress. After all, it was only a couple hundred years earlier that a long bow and sword were the state of the art in weaponry.

It's humorous watching posters like yourselves believe the founders could have formed credible opinions on stuff they couldn't even imagine.

Reminder: They were just fellow humans, no more capable of imagining massive changes dozens of generations away, as we are of doing the same today. Asking them in 1776 to understand 2014 capabilities would be like expecting us to project 2252 capabilities.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:44 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,760,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Responses in blue, go Rangers.
Rangers Suck!

Quote:
What do you mean I don't..? No Apaches were taken down in the LA Riots.. No National Guardsmen were killed in a firefight..
Your Point?

Quote:
So you want to enable more chaos and looting and murder?
How is allowing more law abiding persons to defend their liberty, lives, property, and famines a bad thing?

You want people to be unarmed, or worse under armed when chaos and crime strikes?

How man people were robbed and raped in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew,Katrina, Rita Sandy?

How many of them would be alive and unharmed had that be armed?

Quote:
Because there are too many people using them for other purposes. Nuclear bombs are the best tool for self defense, actually. No one will **** with you if you have one. Doesn't mean you have a right to owning them.
No they are not, can you use them to defend your families during a home invasion? NO!

Can you use them to rescue hostages from terrorist? NO!

Can you use them to drive back rioters? NO!

But hey when you cant make a point make a fallacy.

You don't need basically a machine gun to hunt. And Google happens to be one of the most liberal-leaning major companies in America.

It is not a machine gun, it is a Semi Auto Rifle..

And it is not about need it about the right to do so, who are you say what I need?

Who are you to say what my needs are?

Who are you to set limits on the actions if they affect no one?

Yes use you can use machine guns to hunt, that is not against the law, you can use them while flying in helicopters to cull the population of feral hogs in Texas which cause more then $1,000,000,000 in damage to crops and are responsible for countless injuries and deaths..

The company is, the search engine however has tens of millions of sites that are filled with info, facts, and stats that prove you and your side wrong.

Quote:
They are not winning. How did you come to this conclusion..? They have taken 20 deaths for every 1 American soldier they have killed. That's not winning. That's getting totally annihilated. And they have RPGs, but no civilians have those here.
Do you know how a insurgency wins?

They just have to not lose..They will wait us out after they fought us to a stand sit...

That is how the VC and NVC won in Vietnam against us.

That is how the Mujaheddin won in Afghanistan against the Soviets.

That is how ISIS is winning against the military of Iraq and Syria

That is how the Taliban will win in Afghanistan against us..

We are dealing with a culture that values death more then life, the want to die for their cause and see it as the highest honor...

They think that we are the greatest evil in that has ever and will ever against and see it as the mission from God to wipe the world of all persons and cultures that do not submit to them....

IF you can not understand history, war, and the tactics used to win you really need to study..

You claim there are no RPG here? Trust me the black market has so much unknown it is fun and scary, trust, must we have a few..

But then again Thermite can be made with just Aluminium and Iron Oxide and will ruin a tank.

Or homemade explosives on a RC Car under a APC/Tank will cause some real damage..

Maybe a few former Spec Ops put a few "toys" on a some RC Hexicopters to "surprise" some Jack Booted Thugs at less then 1 meter wide hovering 200 feet in the air firing 40 mm HE rounds or unloading belts of 7.62 API...needless to say they will be very very 'surprised"

All easy things that the American people could do should tyranny come to greater power in this nation..

Bright flash of light, and good bye world hello rod iron gates, lake of fire, and being jabbed in the ass with a pitchfork they will have earned it ...You kick in doors, machine gun men, women, and kids, then burn down buildings, ruining lives and destroy business, take hard working liberty loving Americans to prison where they lose their unalienable rights for the rest of their lives over fenders, and AR15s that hammer slip google David Olofson and claim we are the problem?

We are the threat to liberty?

We are dangerous?

We are the who ruin lives and murdering innocent men, women and children based on 80 year old laws that have no benefits but limiting the rights of Americans?

We are the problem with America?

Are we the ones who murdered innocent people at Ruby Ridge, Waco, Fast and Furious, and entrapping mentally ill people to arrest them?

Nope the ATF did, is, and will do far worse..

You Stand Now Or Have Your Posterity Kneel Forever...Your Choice.

Quote:
You're not a slave. Get over yourself.
If I can not defend my rights, my liberty, my life, my property nor does or will my porosity..What do I really have if I can not defend it? I have nothing....

You sir need to study the history, war, tactics, and the basic nature of humanity and government.

Last edited by gunlover; 07-20-2014 at 03:01 PM..

Old 07-20-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Well those elected officials were also responsible for Japanese internments. The Supreme Court didn't make the decision to imprison Japanese; those elected officials did.

Sorry if I come off as elitist..? I was pointing out that the SCOTUS judges aren't just jurors picked off the street.

I'm originally from Minnesota, actually. Keep it up with the personal attacks though, eh? Really helping you make your point.
The Supreme Court upheld the interment acts in Korematsu v. United States for a few years...

I am using facts to make more point, you are claim we don't need our rights, use fallacies and emotions to make your point...

Old 07-20-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It's humorous watching posters like yourselves believe the founders could have formed credible opinions on stuff they couldn't even imagine.

Reminder: They were just fellow humans, no more capable of imagining massive changes dozens of generations away, as we are of doing the same today. Asking them in 1776 to understand 2014 capabilities would be like expecting us to project 2252 capabilities.
Thank you for displaying an unbelievable ability to hold a level of ignorance that I can't even begin to comprehend.

We are only human yet we imagined rail guns, and personal communicators, and satellites, and computers, and any number of technological advances long before they became reality. You are the one who is short sighted, and proving it with every post!!

Old 07-20-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Soo... Let's set up an Abrams tank marketplace!
At 2,000,000$ a pop and getting 1 mile (If that) to the gallon those that can afford it would not be the people to commit crimes with them...

You can buy tanks, I dont know what you can not understand this fact...

Old 07-20-2014, 01:57 PM

4,808 posts, read 3,528,720 times
May 8, 1792 the Militia Act required all able bodied men to have the most high tech gun of the era, and had to have ammo, and all materials needed to maintain it.
Rifle, assault, semi-auto etc etc means nothing, except to LIBERALS. A gun is a means, a tool, to protect oneself from a person wanting to do harm to us, and on the flip side a tyrannical government.. Get it, its a tool. Just because modern weapons have modernized, doesnt mean the 2A is no longer valid.
People own tanks, howitzers, fully automatic guns, derringers, knives, .....
Once you let your guard down, you now are in total dependence on the government.
And yes, hunting with a semi automatic rifle is legal and just makes it easier if you have to do a follow up shot.. Big deal.
Maybe we should go back to horses, no electricity, sperm whale oil to heat and light our homes, no running water, sewage etc etc...

Old 07-20-2014, 01:57 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,213,147 times
we should have nukes as civilians

Old 07-20-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
we should have nukes as civilians

Comprehension and rationality are your friends!

Old 07-20-2014, 02:01 PM

24,477 posts, read 23,174,838 times
Actually if the founding fathers had thought of citizens having semi automatic weapons they'd have welcomed it. With those weapons the country would be immune to conventional invasion.
Never forget that the citizenry is an army unto itself. The government knows this, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies