Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 02:01 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,755,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Tell me, do you expect a man wearing military-grade Kevlar armor to attack you anytime soon?

No?

Then a handgun will work for self defense.
OK Kevlar does not stop rifle round that is why they are not used by the military...So yeah.

That right there you assume it cant happen, and you assume what others will and will not encounter who are you to say such things?

How do you know the threats a person faces?

Who are you to tell the Ranchers living on the border that they only need pistols against Cartels with Full auto AK47s and PKMs? Wearing Ceramic Body Armor?

Old 07-20-2014, 02:03 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,105,706 times
Of course they didn't intend for us to have semi-automatic rifles. They didn't exist.

The purpose of the Second Amendment is for defense in the form of a militia. In short, the people have the right (which shall not be infringed) to form a militia in order to defend against foreign attackers, crime, and oppression (in the form of a police state).

So, I guess you have to ask the founders if the citizens of the United States should be limited to the weapons of the late 1700s, like flint lock pistols and swords, when confronted with an enemy who is sure to be armed with at the very least pistols, shotguns, and automatic rifles?

Old 07-20-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Except that same right jeopardizes my rights, if you abuse it. Freedom of speech isn't absolute; freedom of the press isn't absolute; freedom to organize isn't absolute; why should gun control be different? Especially since there's more at stake here.
No it does not, do you have the right to beat, rob, rape, and murder people? No!

You assume that we will, George Washington had this to say "It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it."

For the most part they are

Because at all of the Amendments it says very clearly "Shall not be Infringed"...Also the over the lat 238 years about 250,000,000 to 300,000,000 people were disarmed and murder by their own or the Government of other nations...That is why..

Yes their is, free men defend their liberty, rights, lives, property, wealth, and that of their posterity from all tyrannies and the will of actions of tyrants...

The goal of all mankind.....

Old 07-20-2014, 02:11 PM

4,804 posts, read 3,521,029 times
If I lived on the Mexican/Texas border and a bunch of Cartels invaded my farm, or town at night, I would be ready. My family and I would have an arsenal to ensure our protection. Not paranoid, just being prepared. If my neighbors dont have anything, they are welcome to stay at my place, but more than likely they will call 911, which is a bit too late it we see bad guys coming..
Not the greatest scenario, but you get my drift.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why buy it, when it is civilians in the private sector, making it for the US army? Why not make it yourself?
I'm sure there are retired machinist & metallurgists, capable of producing an improved model.
At far cheaper prices I might add.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,740,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
we should have nukes as civilians

A nuke is purely an offensive weapon.
We should have the ability to take down a nuke fired at us from our own government, should there ever be another civil war.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,740,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Founders never intended us to have semi-automatic rifles?

You are kidding.... Right?

If they would have had fully automatic weapons, they would have kicked the crap out of the redcoats a lot quicker. Mowed them down.

Remember, we didn't have a standing army.

The Virgina 23rd, was not commanded by some bureaucrat in DC.... They were commanded by the governor of Virgina. That ended after the civil war.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:30 PM

4,804 posts, read 3,521,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why buy it, when it is civilians in the private sector, making it for the US army? Why not make it yourself?
I'm sure there are retired machinist & metallurgists, capable of producing an improved model.
Making guns in the private sector is a no no....ATF will see you soon if you do.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:34 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,809,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
If I lived on the Mexican/Texas border and a bunch of Cartels invaded my farm, or town at night, I would be ready. My family and I would have an arsenal to ensure our protection. Not paranoid, just being prepared. If my neighbors dont have anything, they are welcome to stay at my place, but more than likely they will call 911, which is a bit too late it we see bad guys coming..
Not the greatest scenario, but you get my drift.
It's comforting to know that when seconds count, the police are just minutes away!

Old 07-20-2014, 02:36 PM

792 posts, read 636,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Rangers Suck!

Your Point?

How is allowing more law abiding persons to defend their liberty, lives, property, and famines a bad thing?

You want people to be unarmed, or worse under armed when chaos and crime strikes?

How man people were robbed and raped in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew,Katrina, Rita Sandy?

No they are not, can you use them to defend your families during a home invasion? NO!

Can you use them to rescue hostages from terrorist? NO!

Can you use them to drive back rioters? NO!

But hey when you cant make a point make a fallacy.

You don't need basically a machine gun to hunt. And Google happens to be one of the most liberal-leaning major companies in America.

It is not a machine gun, it is a Semi Auto Rifle..

And it is not about need it about the right to do so, who are you say what I need?

Who are you to say what my needs are?

Who are you to set limits on the actions if they affect no one?

Yes use you can use machine guns to hunt, that is not against the law, you can use them while flying in helicopters to cull the population of feral hogs in Texas which cause more then $1,000,000,000 in damage to crops and are responsible for countless injuries and deaths..

The company is, the search engine however has tens of millions of sites that are filled with info, facts, and stats that prove you and your side wrong.

Do you know how a insurgency wins?

They just have to not lose..They will wait us out after they fought us to a stand sit...

That is how the VC and NVC won in Vietnam against us.

That is how the Mujaheddin won in Afghanistan against the Soviets.

That is how ISIS is winning against the military of Iraq and Syria

That is how the Taliban will win in Afghanistan against us..

We are dealing with a culture that values death more then life, the want to die for their cause and see it as the highest honor...

They think that we are the greatest evil in that has ever and will ever against and see it as the mission from God to wipe the world of all persons and cultures that do not submit to them....

IF you can not understand history, war, and the tactics used to win you really need to study..

You claim there are no RPG here? Trust me the black market has so much unknown it is fun and scary, trust, must we have a few..

But then again Thermite can be made with just Aluminium and Iron Oxide and will ruin a tank.

Or homemade explosives on a RC Car under a APC/Tank will cause some real damage..

Maybe a few former Spec Ops put a few "toys" on a some RC Hexicopters to "surprise" some Jack Booted Thugs at less then 1 meter wide hovering 200 feet in the air firing 40 mm HE rounds or unloading belts of 7.62 API...needless to say they will be very very 'surprised"

All easy things that the American people could do should tyranny come to greater power in this nation..

Bright flash of light, and good bye world hello rod iron gates, lake of fire, and being jabbed in the ass with a pitchfork they will have earned it ...You kick in doors, machine gun men, women, and kids, then burn down buildings, ruining lives and destroy business, take hard working liberty loving Americans to prison where they lose their unalienable rights for the rest of their lives over fenders, and AR15s that hammer slip google David Olofson and claim we are the problem?

We are the threat to liberty?

We are dangerous?

We are the who ruin lives and murdering innocent men, women and children based on 80 year old laws that have no benefits but limiting the rights of Americans?

We are the problem with America?

Are we the ones who murdered innocent people at Ruby Ridge, Waco, Fast and Furious, and entrapping mentally ill people to arrest them?

Nope the ATF did, is, and will do far worse..

You Stand Now Or Have Your Posterity Kneel Forever...Your Choice.

If I can not defend my rights, my liberty, my life, my property nor does or will my porosity..What do I really have if I can not defend it? I have nothing....

You sir need to study the history, war, tactics, and the basic nature of humanity and government.
I'm done with you. You're rambling about something you don't even bother to get the facts about. If you want to continue this DM me and we'll attempt to have a debate.

Oh, and do you even know what I was talking about when I said "Go Rangers"..? They're NYC's NHL team that just so happened to make it all the way to the Finals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies