Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 10:55 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

The non-patentable, natural Stevia is the main competitor for a multi-billion dollar sweetener industry. If this sounds far-fetched, watch this excerpt from the documentary “Sweet Misery” on how the FDA initially banned Aspartame for 16 years, but Donald Rumsfeld – President of Searle and member of Reagan’s transition team – fired the FDA chief and put a puppet in his place who overturned Aspartame’s ban during his first day in office. Aspartame-patentholder Searle was sold to Monsanto – a major Aspartame producer.

Donald Rumsfeld didn’t just help a few million people into an early grave by “managing” the US slaughter in Viet Nam and Iraq – he also “managed” millions of his fellow countrymen into an early grave by getting Aspartame FDA-unbanned by corrupt and nepotistic means. Since the stuff was being used in softdrinks and other foods, people were dropping like flies, but the US government and the FDA refused to disclose reports of bad side effects, let alone disclosing that Aspartame causes cancer.

This is only the tip of the iceberg – the report excludes long-term symptoms like cancer and Alzheimer. Since Aspartame got FDA-approval, Alzheimer incidency doubled. Nowadays the toxicity of Aspartame is well established and it is held responsible for everything from ADHD to brain damage. No wonder – Aspartame’s main metabolites are formaldehyde (embalming fluid) and wood alcohol (terrible poison), amongst a few toxic others.

The availability of stevia varies from country to country. In a few countries, it has been available as a sweetener for decades or centuries; for example, stevia has been widely used for decades as a sweetener in Japan.

Health and Beauty with Sarah Vaughter » Stevia still banned: The Stevia FDA Conspiracy

FDA Approves Aspartame, Bans Stevia

Stevia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 11:18 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
How can stevia be banned? I bought some yesterday.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:30 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Some of those links refer to articles from 2007. I'm not sure of the status then but stevia is available now.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:51 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,953,588 times
a lot of these artificial sweeteners commonly found in diet food and drinks are quite toxic to the human body. the US has the highest rate of cancer in the world. it also has the highest consumption rate of artificial sweeteners, highest consumption of genetically modified foods and other artificial ingredients that have been banned in the EU and Japan. doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. there is a definite link here.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Stevia is not banned by the FDA. I just used some myself.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:31 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Stevia isn't banned, I have a good bit I bought at Trader Joes and they even have some at Fred Meyer.

They even sell the plant at Lowes in Spring.

You really need to check your sources or you will get worked up over nothing. I have been using it since 2001.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
yep, stevia is not banned. the reason it isnt put in a lot i diet beverages is because it has a different taste than that of sugar or artificial sweeteners. beverage makers are working on the issue though.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
there's a japanese market I go to in manhattan all the time they carry gum made with xyletol which is supposed to actually be better for you than stevia. I have stevia at home that I bought a few weeks ago it's good but VERY sweet, when I put some in my coffee or tea I generally use 1 or 2 packets and its alright. I'm thinking when I run out of this stuff I will buy a large bag of Xyletol and just load it into mason jars. It's sad that as a country even the drinks that are supposed to be better for you are filled with junk sweeteners. I can't even believe when one goes to buy a loaf of bread it has HFCS heck even many of the pasta sauces I see have it.. WHY?? We have flouride in the water, We HFCS in our sodas or other food supply, we have Aspartame in our diet soft drinks there really doesn't seem to be a way to get away from this garbage. IT would be nice if our soft drink companies and even the companies that provides candy and other sweets would look more into using these types of sweeteners and move away from the cheap and toxic junk.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:15 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
beat me to it. thank god i can save my outrage for another day.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:21 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:

You nuts! OP meant him:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies