Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
So it's someone else's fault? LMFAO.. You guys are pathetic. Can you say "Political expedience"? That's why you and the clowns that represent you voted for Iraqi War authorization. Nice to have a backbone and conviction!
The Iraq War resolution passes 215 to 6 Among Republicans in the House of Representatives.

And 86-126( yes, the majority of Democrats actually voted against it, which actually destroys your argument).

Based on your post, you are saying Your Rep must be both a Republican and voted against it, may we ask who is he/she ? Because there are only 6 possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 09:56 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
I agree there is plenty of blame to go around.

However, the question that confronts us today is, what do we do going forward.

I do not support sending more troops in now

Old 06-17-2014, 10:06 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
There were intelligence failures, granted, but Bush conflated the WMD threat to include nuclear, bio and chemical weapons. He lumped them all together into one perceived threat when there was none. He intimated that there were connections to Al Qaeda when there were none.

Do I hold Congress blameless in this? Hell no, I never did. But the CIC presented this case, the CIC ordered us into war with a country that was no threat to the US, and had no ties with the organization that actually was.

I challenge everyone on this forum to read the report on the link below. I was foresquare in Bush's corner until I did.

http://carnegieendowment.org/files/Iraq3FullText.pdf

Quote:
It examines the unclassified record of prewar intelligence, administration statements of Iraq’s capabilities to produce nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons and long-range missiles, and the evidence found to date in Iraq. It draws findings from this material and offers lessons and recommendations for the future.

In other words, you were duped again. Tell me why you would put one ounce of credibility on an analysis that was based 100% on UNCLASSIFIED documents? In other words, they used media and publically available documents instead of anything that might actually shed true light on the lead up to the war.

Na�ve | Define Na�ve at Dictionary.com

No one can help you get over this disease other than yourself.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:08 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
[font=AGaramond-Regular]

[font=AGaramond-Regular]In other words, you were duped again. Tell me why you would put one ounce of credibility on an analysis that was based 100% on UNCLASSIFIED documents?

Na�ve | Define Na�ve at Dictionary.com
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]No one can help you get over this disease other than yourself.

My earlier assessment of you was correct. You're not worth arguing with.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
My earlier assessment of you was correct. You're not worth arguing with.
Your earlier assessment of me is that you won't argue with me because you won't acknowledge that you were duped and you find no reason to blame anyone other than Republicans when its clear that Democrats (and yourself) are just as responsible for it.

As I posted above, naivete is something you might want to look into.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Your earlier assessment of me is that you won't argue with me because you won't acknowledge that you were duped and you find no reason to blame anyone other than Republicans when its clear that Democrats are just as responsible.

Nope, my earlier assessment of you was correct. You don't have the cojones to go outside of your narrow little comfort zone and learn something.

Oh, and you may want to read my earlier post regarding Congress' culpability in Iraq.

Stay ignorant. It's your choice.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Nope, my earlier assessment of you was correct. You don't have the cojones to go outside of your narrow little comfort zone and learn something.

Oh, and you may want to read my earlier post regarding Congress' culpability in Iraq.

Stay ignorant. It's your choice.
Your earlier post regarding Congress' culpability was your mea culpa ...your back tracking....for being called out for placing the blame directly on George W. Bush for the failed intelligence. Congress was absolutely as much to blame, but it wasn't until you were called out for it did you finally acknowledge that "Congress".....you notably left out "Democrats" as part of your partisan slobbering....was equally to blame.

And now you're trying to use that mea culpa as the basis for denying you were duped not once, but twice. Afterall, you just admitted that you relied on an analysis of PUBLICLY AVAILABLE, UNCLASSIFIED documents to forge your blame against Bush and Republicans.

Not only are you confused, you are disingenuous.

Disingenuous | Define Disingenuous at Dictionary.com

Old 06-17-2014, 10:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Your earlier assessment of me is that you won't argue with me because you won't acknowledge that you were duped and you find no reason to blame anyone other than Republicans when its clear that Democrats (and yourself) are just as responsible for it.

What you're saying is that the guy who is clinging to you in the water and drowning you is as responsible for your death as the guy who drove the boat into the rock to put you in the water to begin with.

Again, lots of blame to go around, for everyone. Generally the first rule of troubleshooting is to resolve the problem, then later on look at the root cause that started the problem. Usually there are an assload of engineers who tinkered with it before you got there, and solving their added problems are a must, but again, the root cause is the main issue that must be addressed.

Bush got us into Iraq, they either were completely stupid, or flat out lied about intelligence so we'd get there. Democrats voted for the authorization then, if everyone will remember, in 2003 you didn't question the President.

All of that is prologue, we need to discuss now. Later on we can learn lessons, like, don't go to war with countries for stupid reasons.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:21 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Again, Congress relied on the same bad information that was fed to the public.

Exactly what about that do you folks not understand?

Jesus, the repetition gets old.
You seem to be forgetting that Bush lied about the grounds for invading Iraq.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You seem to be forgetting that Bush lied about the grounds for invading Iraq.

Not at all. Read my posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies